Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 124

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 90902 times)

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2013, 11:53:05 AM »

That all happened when I was like half awake.
But yes, I really did take my temperature

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2013, 01:26:32 PM »

I had this suuuper strange dream a while ago, and I just keep thinking about it. Basically I was in this abandoned school with two guys that I don't know (one had short, dark, curly hair and was wearing a leather jacket, the other I never actually saw but I knew he was there). We walked all around the building, and even had to crawl through some areas as the roof had caved in and we couldn't walk through (that was really creepy D; )

And then the really freaky part....: We were in this stairwell when the guys told me we had to leave, and that's when I heard somebody singing. It was this really over-the-top "man trying to fake a British woman's voice but it sounds really bad and fake" voice. I peered over the side of the stairwell to see who was singing, when this face a few flights down appeared. It was completely red, and had owl-like eyes (they were perfectly round, bright yellow, and kind of small-ish for the size of the face). The creature or whatever also had really long, distorted-looking fingers.

So yeah, it stared at me and then said something in that same voice (which sounded really creepy coming from it). And then I woke up right after. I really wish I had heard what it had said....

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »

Okay. That sounds like a really horrifying version of the cosmic owl from adventure time

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »

I had a dream last night about a field trip that I had in a dream a couple of nights ago. My teachers were VIPs and they were being called to a cathedral to pray, and students had to stay inside the hotel. During that time I went to sleep, and dreamed about a magical land called Garzaro (yup, I got that from booklover's RP). I was there with several of my friends from band, one of which happened to be my best friend/ brain twin. We were al frolicking around and talking about unicorns when someone found a door, and opened it. Inside was a grotto with a stream, and random objects were everywhere. At the end of the stream was a pedestal with food on it. Someone took a handful of mechanical pencils and a bag of water, and we then left to eat them outside. I drank a few sips from the bag, and tried gnawing on the lead from one of the pencils, but I didn't like it so I chose to stop. Meanwhile, everyone else seemed to love it, and got more food from the grotto. I soon realized that the food was addictive and tried to get people to stop eating it, but it was no use. Some even decided to live in the grotto permanently, so they would never again have to leave their precious food source. Around this time, my best friend/brain twin decided to try more of the food. At first, she was like me in that she had tried it but didn't like it; it didn't seem to hold power over her either. She stuck a pencil in her mouth, and immediately went back for more. I tried to stop her, reasoned that since she was my brain twin, and I could resist it, she could too. Of course, she didn't listen, and became one of the grotto-dwellers. She had party with everyone else, which, at that point, included everyone but me and one or two other people. Then, she kissed this trombone player that I kind of know. Several years elapsed, everyone moved into the grotto but me, my best friend's relationship with her boyfriend progressed further (except she kept calling him a "lesser being", my other best friend showed up, and at the end of the dream, a dragon appeared with the intention of eating everyone in the grotto.

Later, I woke up (in the dream). I went back him from the field trip, a d decided to invite my friend over, the one who was in a relationship in my dream. We talked for a while about random topics, and then she decided to show me a story she wrote based on her dream. I agreed, and read her story, which was set in the same universe as my dream. The first page was all about "the beautiful seduction of the forbidden fruit", the second page was random drama among the grotto-dwellers that I forgot (it was pretty important to the plot though), and the third page explained what happened when the dragon was approaching the grotto. Even in their dulled state of mind, they knew that they were goon to be eaten. She wrote that she caressed her boyfriend's "soft, full lips for the last time" and then that she wrote something like this:
"I had to do that, just one last time."
"We still have a few minutes left together..."
"We still have a few minutes left, but not together."
"What do you mean?"
"Get it through your head, you numbskull! You will ALWAYS be lesser than me!"
"What...?"
"I've told you that before, but you never believe me! Typical! But maybe you'll believe me now. You know how I've always had a part of my brain damaged? Well, that was because of you!"
"I would never do anything to hurt you!"
"You just don't seem to get it, do you? Of course you wouldn't. I created you out of a slice of my brain! You're me - a much stupider, male version of me - but still me! I knew that no one could ever deserve me but myself, so I made you. But you are so much less than me. I am so much more than you will ever be!"
"But at least I'm a person! At least I have humanity!"
"You are only what I made you, nothing more."
*then the dragon bursts in*
Anyway, the story was really well written, which surprised me since I didn't know my friend could write this type of stuff at all, much less make it good. I told her this, and she said that the end part was the hardest scene for her to write. I jut wanted her to leave then, so I told her to take her Christmas present and go. But I accidentally attached one of the ornaments I got from Arizona to her bag, and I couldn't find the octopus I made for her, or a clean sheet of the cupcake paper I promised her. It really sucked. Then I woke up.

Sorry...that ended up being way too long. Did anyone even read that?

Velstrom

• Sorry I've been gone for so long, I'll make it up
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2013, 07:53:27 AM »

I had this dream, where I and a couple other guys were stuck in a cabin, and this one person, dressed all in hunting safari gear was manipulating a radio, and we were getting no signal. The Hunting guy shouted, in a rather scottish accent, that we couldn't find any deer, so we couldn't make a pizza, so we were going to starve to death. And then this redneck says thats better than the tooth fairy finding them. And then I woke up.

Odd, huh?
The end is the best part of Eternity.

Reenie-La

« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2013, 09:44:52 AM »

My dreams are trippy for sure, very vivid and every time I wake up from such dreams I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2013, 11:40:15 AM »

Same here...I feel like I've been awake all night.

Reenie-La

« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »

Same here...I feel like I've been awake all night.

Yeah, like I slept 14 hours last night -- it felt like I'd been awake for 14 days.

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2013, 01:34:50 AM »

I dreamt that I had to wake up early at 9:20 because Julia said that my friend was going to text me and I had to ask her something before she left for vacation. And then at 9:19, my friend texte me that she was going to the Keys.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »

I dreamt that I had to wake up early at 9:20 because Julia said that my friend was going to text me and I had to ask her something before she left for vacation. And then at 9:19, my friend texte me that she was going to the Keys.
Is that Julia me? Or is that a different Julia?

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #250 on: December 29, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »

Julia you. You said you were going to be first in everything with the intention of getting me to wake up early so I could ask my friend a question before she left.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2013, 02:34:44 PM »

I'm just curious, what did you imagine me looking like? did you see me at all in the dream or, did I post a message on the forum?

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »

You posted a message here.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »

Oh.

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2014, 02:42:56 AM »

Uglies dream!

Tally had become completely cured, and had allowed Cable to adopt her because she felt sorry for her in her despecialized state. Cable had gotten some weird surgeries, and looked about 35, with short hair like Deryn's. They shared an apartment, and even though Tally was legally the daughter, she acted like the mom. Cable destroyed her bed, so that night she had to share with Tally. She asked really nicely, and Tally was weirded of but agreed. Then, when Cable had fallen asleep and was mumbling something about unicorns and bunnies, Tally decided to pick her up and let her sleep on the floor. Then, she noticed she was wearing fluffy socks! She vowed to get to the bottom of Dr. Cable's transformation.

The next morning, Shay hoverboarded up to Tally's window and said to "Come immediately, but leave Tabitha" (it's implied that Tabitha is Cable's first name). Tally jumped across apartment buildings until she found the Cutter's underground lair. That was when the POV switched to me. Inside, my Spanish teacher  held and anvil over my head and threatened to drop it u less I could correctly color a cat. I was trying to make it a grey tabby, but Tally and Shay were being trolls and made the whole thing orange and green every time I picked up a new crayon.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 124