Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 124

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 91045 times)

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #570 on: September 26, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »

I feel obligated to acknowledge that I'm double-posting...yeah, idrc.

The other night I had a really strange dream where my band went on a trip. I was rooming with my entire section (which is about 15 people), and they started doing a bunch of crazy things like having food fights in the room, and somehow I got caught up in it. Then my section leader invited me to go for a run with her, and I said that I would once I changed out of the clothes with food on them. So I'm looking for my clothes, and it turns out my parents took them because they didn't approve of the stuff I did with my section (they weren't even supposed to be on the trip with us in the first place but apparently they were stalking me), so I had to go downstairs and ask them for it. I go to the lobby, and they drag me away into the car because "I've been a bad noodle" to take me home. I was really upset, mostly because I really want to go running with my section leader and it's been half an hour since she asked and I still haven't changed, plus I don't want to disappoint her and I definitely don't want to give her a reason to be angry with me. But, since I can't exactly do anything about it, I go with my parents (who for some reason now have a convertible) and let myself be driven away, all while I'm being yelled at. Lucky for me, my friends decide to rescue me by following my parents' car on skateboard and jamming the wheels with explosive chewing gum. For some unknown reason, their plan works and I'm able to escape and get back to the hotel. By then, my section leader already left on her run. At this point, I'm feeling exasperated and annoyed but mostly I'm afraid that I pissed her off and that now she'll hate me forever. I decide to go ask a band officer for help, who is in the middle of a baritone party, but I'm able to get in for 10 minutes because I was an honorary baritone. I tell him what happened, and then he talks about some metaphor involving chiropractics, and then I ask if I should apologize and he says yeah, so I run out of there because he took 9 minutes and 30 seconds to explain that metaphor, and if I stayed in the room for longer than 10 minutes, I'd be deatomized...whatever that means. Anyway, I never got to tell her I was sorry because the dream ended there.

Later, I had an even stranger dream. I'm in my house, and I get the sense that my dad is working on something important, and meanwhile I'm also stressed about my Biology homework. Then suddenly, my parents and I are in Australia. My dad leaves to do some important work stuff, and meanwhile my mom and I go sightseeing. First we go exploring in the outback and see the ruins of a several thousand-foot tall mosque, then we visit this really strange bathroom with trapdoors that gives out key-chains with photos of you in a skunk shaped picture frame, then we go to a beach where no photography is allowed. All this time, I'm wondering if this is a dream because everything seemed so real, and I can feel my body, and feel pain - you know, all of the "dream tests" didn't work. Anyway, I wanted to stay longer, but my mom said we couldn't afford a hotel so we'd have to fly home. We had to exit through the gift shop, and in the gift shop I found my Australian charrie from the Outlander RP and we a discussion about iPhone vs Android (consensus: Apple products are good, but an Android phone is better than the iPhone 6). When we arrived at the airport, I ran into the brass captain from my band, so I said hi. (This is where things started to fall apart). He said hi, and asked me how I liked playing mellophone. I've never touched a mellophone in my life, so I knew something was wrong. I told him that I didn't play mellophone, and I actually played baritone (I don't, but I wanted to see what would happen if I said I did), and he suddenly "remembered" that I was part of his section, and said that he'd have to talk to me during our next sectional for forgetting to take my baritone on the plane. Then I was suddenly back home, and my parents were driving back to our house from the airport on some abandoned mountain road. The problem? I live in Florida, and there's no mountains within almost a thousand miles of my house. I asked my dad if I'd have time to finish my homework when we get home, and he said something about how I wouldn't have homework unless I didn't eat my vegetables. Now I really started to panic, because nothing anyone was saying made any sense. Just to see what would happen, I asked my dad if he would chain me to the hill outside our house all night if I refused to eat my dinner. He replied with, "Of course, why wouldn't we?". In a New York accent. Obviously, I flipped the freak out. Somehow I knew that all the universes were collapsing in on each other, and the different versions of my life in every possible universes were merging. As soon as I realized this, I woke up (in the dream). I was in the exact same position I had fallen asleep in, I even had the same song stuck in my head, so I was assured that I was no longer stuck in a collapsing universe. I decided to get up to finish the Kool-Aid I had gotten up to drink earlier that night, and on my way out of my room I decided to pick out my outfit for the morning, since I knew I'd be too tired to do it when I got up. So I open my closet and see...Uglydoll clothes. Dresses, shirts, and pants with Uglydolls on them. And they were really awesome. It felt like being the first one to wake up on Christmas morning and seeing all the presents laid out underneath the tree. It was pretty freakin awesome. I went to wake my mom up to thank her, and suddenly, I was in Washington DC, wearing an Uglydoll tank top and pants. At first I thought everyone was wearing the same clothes as me, until I took a closer look, and then their clothes all changed. I tried to scream, but my voice wouldn't work. Then I saw someone with the same clothes as me, and ran up to her. She said that the clothes were a trap, and that "they" were coming for us. I looked up and saw a beige floral trashcan flying towards us, and that was when my mom woke me up.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #571 on: September 26, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »

You have the weirdest dreams, don't you, Cat? O_o
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #572 on: September 26, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »

Yeah  :P

You mean to tell me you actually read all that? XD

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #573 on: September 26, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »

Yes I did XD I am curious about the metaphor involving chiropractics and what it means to be a bad noodle.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2014, 12:02:43 AM »

I dreamed that I was in the lakeside town where my grandparents cabin was. I kept noticing that everyone was frozen except myself and my family. For some reason I kept taking pictures, and every time the camera flashed, the people would move. But they would freeze directly after I finished taking the picture. My mom kept telling me to stop taking pictures, but I didn't listen. I spent the whole day just wandering and taking pictures. During night time, Mom started chasing me and screaming for me to give her the camera. I was trying to run out of the cabin area, but the 'frozen' people kept blocking my way. I locked myself in the bathroom and looked at the pictures that I took, and I noticed that all the people (when they could move as I took the picture) seemed like they were reaching out to grab my camera from me. My mom unlocked the door and grabbed me, but I punched her and ran outside. I realized that it was a dream, and I started yelling, "This is just a dream! I can control it!" I shut my eyes and tried to wake up, but when I opened them, I was still outside the cabin. My mom said, "Sorry, nobody's perfect." And she hit me with a crowbar. Then I woke up.

Wow, I just now realized how crazy that is.

I HAD ALMOST THE EXACT SAME DREAM LAST NIGHT OH MY GOD

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #575 on: September 28, 2014, 01:19:35 AM »

Yes I did XD I am curious about the metaphor involving chiropractics and what it means to be a bad noodle.
The metaphor involving chiropractics was, in a nutshell, that if one part of your body hurts, then you can't move other parts of your body because you might trigger pain in the body part that hurts. And since you aren't moving those body parts, they'll get stiff and start to hurt too. So you have to exercise the injured body part, even though it will hurt, as soon as the injury happens, or else your entire body will become wracked with pain. Translation: I had to apologize to my section leader ASAP or else I'd never be able to not feel awkward in my section again.
"Good noodle" is a reference to a Spongebob episode. Spongebob insists to Squidward that he's a good noodle XD

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #576 on: September 28, 2014, 02:33:02 AM »

I dreamed that I was in the lakeside town where my grandparents cabin was. I kept noticing that everyone was frozen except myself and my family. For some reason I kept taking pictures, and every time the camera flashed, the people would move. But they would freeze directly after I finished taking the picture. My mom kept telling me to stop taking pictures, but I didn't listen. I spent the whole day just wandering and taking pictures. During night time, Mom started chasing me and screaming for me to give her the camera. I was trying to run out of the cabin area, but the 'frozen' people kept blocking my way. I locked myself in the bathroom and looked at the pictures that I took, and I noticed that all the people (when they could move as I took the picture) seemed like they were reaching out to grab my camera from me. My mom unlocked the door and grabbed me, but I punched her and ran outside. I realized that it was a dream, and I started yelling, "This is just a dream! I can control it!" I shut my eyes and tried to wake up, but when I opened them, I was still outside the cabin. My mom said, "Sorry, nobody's perfect." And she hit me with a crowbar. Then I woke up.

Wow, I just now realized how crazy that is.

I HAD ALMOST THE EXACT SAME DREAM LAST NIGHT OH MY GOD

That's.... Terrifying.

But it would make for a good short story!
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #577 on: September 28, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »

^that sounds like a Creepypasta I read...

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #578 on: September 28, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »

Dubble post... Sawwy :P

I had a dream that I was in a video game somehow and I couldn't drive the car and I couldn't walk, so I was running over random pedestrians in the street. Then I got to my hotel room and found the villains of the game there. One of them was a unicorn, two were demons, and one was the 2p! version of a mellophone player in my marching band. They were all asleep, and since I was hella tored I decided to sleep there, too, and hope I didn't get murdered. In the morning, I drove away and spent the day at a Barnes & Nobles reading Afterworlds. When I got out of the store, someone in the parking lot (I don't remember if it was a Westerforumer, my mom, the unicorn, or the mello player - but I think it was somehow a combination of all four) told me that it was Scott's birthday! Then I saw a car crash, and went over to help - and lo and behold, it was Scott himself! Me and Besly (who just appeared) helped him out of the car and I gave him the fruit snacks that I had in my pocket. Then I wished him a happy birthday and have him a package of my patent-pending gummy Lorna Doones that had a GIF of the Declaration of Independence scrolling across its surface. I was secretly hoping he was going to get them, but I woke up before he could. But not before I could wish him a happy birthday XP

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #579 on: September 29, 2014, 12:05:58 AM »

That's quite the wacky dream, Cat. XD

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #580 on: October 02, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »

The other day I had a dream where I kept walking into this hole in the ground in a graveyard outside of my school, and every time I fell through, I'd end up back in the general area where I came from, but it'd be a little more messed up. The people would be a bit crazier, and much more sinister, and elements from fictional universes and other dreams would appear randomly. Some of my friends from band would never change, and they'd always tell me not to jump, but I'd do it anyways, and even when my drum major tried to trap my soul for eternity, I'd jump back in. The final time, they warned me that if I jumped, I'd never be able to go back to a universe with any semblance of order, and I could die, or be stuck in the chaotic limbo between dimensions, possibly forever. And this seemed like the greatest thing to me, so I fought my way past them and jumped in head first. I got stuck in a green and yellow vortex and it was implied that I didn't survive.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #581 on: October 02, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »

Is there actually a graveyard outside your school?

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #582 on: October 02, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »

The elementary school I grew up in had a graveyard outside it. Well, it was on a hill overlooking the school but still spoopy. Like, I could walk to it within two minutes.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #583 on: October 02, 2014, 01:16:29 PM »

There's a graveyard across the street from my school that I have to walk past every day :P

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #584 on: October 02, 2014, 01:19:38 PM »

dO YOU HOLD YOUR BREATH?

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 124