Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 125

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 107530 times)

joancasti

Re: Dreams?
« Reply #810 on: March 21, 2015, 01:59:52 AM »

I had a really interesting dream last night, but I forgot it
Be your own true friend

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #811 on: March 21, 2015, 11:17:01 PM »

O had a dream that my grade went down to a B in ASL so I woke up all freaked out to check my grades and iT TURNS OUT I HAVE A B IN ASL WTF

Ghost44

• A Pharmacist
« Reply #812 on: March 23, 2015, 01:59:41 AM »

I had a dream about being in an extra semester of undergrad taking a bunch of different classes, most of which I was failing because I was having daily panic attacks because of the people I had to sit next to :/
Death and Taxes

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #813 on: March 24, 2015, 01:21:52 AM »

I had a really morbid (and long) dream with several parallels to the latter part of The Hunger Games series last night :/

It started when I got my A days and B days mixed up. I went to my A day first hour on a B day. Then I accidentally went to my sixth period class when I was supposed to go to fifth period. I didn't realize that it was the wrong class becuase I thought it was my third period, and that class had everyone from my third period in it. When I finally realized that I had gotten my classes mixed up, I panicked and started planning with my friend a trip to Europe. My logic was that I had failed so badly that I could never return to school. The thing was, my plan was to ride to Siberia from Alaska using a raft made of Lays bags as a raft without my parents ever knowing I was gone, and he quickly told me all then easons that wouldn't work. Then I Went to my real third period where there was a special guest speaker. He said that there  had been a planned apocalypse to 'cleanse' the Earth. Since the children were more innocent than the rest of the world, they would get a 24 hour head start. In this time, we could either kill ourselves off, or gather supplies to prepare for the end. We were then cast out of the school to fend for ourselves. Outside, the world was already starting to disintegrate. Some kid suggested jumping off the roof of the building, but I said that since it was only stories high, we would be a broken pile of bodies but we wouldn't die. Everyone agreed that they didn't want to do that, but I secretly bookmarked that idea in the back of my mind as a last resort. Soon, everyone started arguing over what to do, and I could see that a fight was about to break out. In a flash of insight, I realized that this was what they wanted - for us to turn against each other. I screamed "shut up" as loud as I could and gave a short monologue. Everyone stopped and felt guilty, and then in the silence, I mentioned something about wanting to read at least one RoyEd fanfiction before I perished. Then someone started fangirling, and before I knew it, we were sitting 'round a campfire singing the first FMA opening song, joined in anime fan-ness and brotherhood. I dropped out after a few minutes because the fact that life as we knew it was about to come to a disastrous end hit me hard. My friend dropped out from the campfire circle to talk to me. I told her that this morning might have been the last time I would ever see the sunrise. Then I started bawling on her shoulder and  kissed her on the cheek, saying that I had to do that, at least once, like Gale said to Katniss in Catching Fire. Then I went over to the brass captain of my band and told him that it was an honor to have him as my honorary section leader. I told everyone my last over emotional goodbyes and then found Pan off to the side. She had a basket of crocheted dried fruits coated in some kind of drug, and told me that they would stop my heart in 90 minutes if I ate them. I looked up at the sun and saw that my time was running out. Saying goodbye to my last sunset, I joined Pan in stuffing handfuls of them in my mouth. Two hours passed, and I was in a vegetative state - but not dead. I saw the adults flood out of the school and neighborhoods as the sky turned red. My dad found me and picked me up, the way my perspective was, it was akin to the way Katniss was lifted out of the arena at the end of Catching Fire. As he ran away with me, I screamed how I didn't belong there, and I was supposed to be dead, and how Pan was a liar until I passed out. When I awoke, I was in a Walmart, with my dad, the brass captain, a combination of a kid from my Spanish class and a mellophone player, and one other guy. We had to carry sacks of granola, yogurt, and rice out of Walmart because we were now slaves. I was still groggy from the drug, so I kept tripping and my dad told me to keep up. I screamed that I didn't belong there and ran off. I accidentally lost my team, and was stopped by the leader of the organization. He said that if I didn't meet my food quota, I'd be punished. I paid him off with a pack of fruit snacks from my pocket. I saw that I still had a few of the crocheted drugs in pocket also, and returned to work with a little bit of hope. Then the dream faded out.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #814 on: March 24, 2015, 01:33:11 AM »

I didn't read that except for  crocheted drugs??

I dreamt that I met Luke Hemmings and I was really aloof about it and was like "oh 5 Seconds of Summer? Um...oh yeah I ha e heard of you." And then I just complimented his shirt and left and he was like hella confused but cane ruNing after me and then magical movie Montage and then it changed
Ohhhh and then we were gonna go on a trip to Florida and we were packing but I had to go to school and then everyone at school was like "old time Photo booth!" And sure enough everyone was taking pictures at this photo booth and I had to change in front of all my guy friends which was hella weird but none of them said anything and then I just left in the dress and went to a gas station and bought I giant bottle of lemonade for $5 and I was like "ridiculous!" And then the guy gave me back silver dollars in change and as I was leaving I saw someone else's phone in the exact same phone case as mine and they had a game running that o always play so I had to wait for them to come back out and I talked to them and then I left and my friends were waiting in a different car than what we'd come in and this girl that doesn't have her license was driving and then she like went plowing through the trees back to school and pulled up and we got out and I went to go get a wig and that's all I remember from it
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:41:02 AM by |ĸιrα| »

Higher, further, faster

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #815 on: March 24, 2015, 09:56:01 AM »

I had a really morbid (and long) dream with several parallels to the latter part of The Hunger Games series last night :/

It started when I got my A days and B days mixed up. I went to my A day first hour on a B day. Then I accidentally went to my sixth period class when I was supposed to go to fifth period. I didn't realize that it was the wrong class becuase I thought it was my third period, and that class had everyone from my third period in it. When I finally realized that I had gotten my classes mixed up, I panicked and started planning with my friend a trip to Europe. My logic was that I had failed so badly that I could never return to school. The thing was, my plan was to ride to Siberia from Alaska using a raft made of Lays bags as a raft without my parents ever knowing I was gone, and he quickly told me all then easons that wouldn't work. Then I Went to my real third period where there was a special guest speaker. He said that there  had been a planned apocalypse to 'cleanse' the Earth. Since the children were more innocent than the rest of the world, they would get a 24 hour head start. In this time, we could either kill ourselves off, or gather supplies to prepare for the end. We were then cast out of the school to fend for ourselves. Outside, the world was already starting to disintegrate. Some kid suggested jumping off the roof of the building, but I said that since it was only stories high, we would be a broken pile of bodies but we wouldn't die. Everyone agreed that they didn't want to do that, but I secretly bookmarked that idea in the back of my mind as a last resort. Soon, everyone started arguing over what to do, and I could see that a fight was about to break out. In a flash of insight, I realized that this was what they wanted - for us to turn against each other. I screamed "shut up" as loud as I could and gave a short monologue. Everyone stopped and felt guilty, and then in the silence, I mentioned something about wanting to read at least one RoyEd fanfiction before I perished. Then someone started fangirling, and before I knew it, we were sitting 'round a campfire singing the first FMA opening song, joined in anime fan-ness and brotherhood. I dropped out after a few minutes because the fact that life as we knew it was about to come to a disastrous end hit me hard. My friend dropped out from the campfire circle to talk to me. I told her that this morning might have been the last time I would ever see the sunrise. Then I started bawling on her shoulder and  kissed her on the cheek, saying that I had to do that, at least once, like Gale said to Katniss in Catching Fire. Then I went over to the brass captain of my band and told him that it was an honor to have him as my honorary section leader. I told everyone my last over emotional goodbyes and then found Pan off to the side. She had a basket of crocheted dried fruits coated in some kind of drug, and told me that they would stop my heart in 90 minutes if I ate them. I looked up at the sun and saw that my time was running out. Saying goodbye to my last sunset, I joined Pan in stuffing handfuls of them in my mouth. Two hours passed, and I was in a vegetative state - but not dead. I saw the adults flood out of the school and neighborhoods as the sky turned red. My dad found me and picked me up, the way my perspective was, it was akin to the way Katniss was lifted out of the arena at the end of Catching Fire. As he ran away with me, I screamed how I didn't belong there, and I was supposed to be dead, and how Pan was a liar until I passed out. When I awoke, I was in a Walmart, with my dad, the brass captain, a combination of a kid from my Spanish class and a mellophone player, and one other guy. We had to carry sacks of granola, yogurt, and rice out of Walmart because we were now slaves. I was still groggy from the drug, so I kept tripping and my dad told me to keep up. I screamed that I didn't belong there and ran off. I accidentally lost my team, and was stopped by the leader of the organization. He said that if I didn't meet my food quota, I'd be punished. I paid him off with a pack of fruit snacks from my pocket. I saw that I still had a few of the crocheted drugs in pocket also, and returned to work with a little bit of hope. Then the dream faded out.
I have to wonder why your subconscious made me a not-actually-leathal drugs dealer XD
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #816 on: March 24, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »

I...really have no idea .-.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #817 on: March 25, 2015, 12:33:29 AM »

I dreamt that I had to do a dance routine that required a lot of acrobatics and tumbling and I've never done that kind of dancing a day in my life and I had to learn it in a week so I went to the lady that choreographed it to help but her students kept getting in the way and like trying to do the dance and so the teacher freaked out on them and it was just a weird dream and now all I can think is "right right right, left left left" (and I know that's from my first graders musical they're getting ready for)

Higher, further, faster

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #818 on: March 27, 2015, 02:13:30 AM »

I had a loooong dream steeped in peculiarity, truth, and tragedy.
(Lmao that sounds so melodramatic)

I was in the band room, and there were auditions open. One was to get into Wind Ensmble, the top group, and the other was to try out from drum major. I walked in superb cares because I'm terrified of any sort of performance, and also I didn't know that they were today. I stood around wondering if I should try out for one, both, or neither before deciding to bide my time by talking to people. I saw my friend wearing hamburger wrappers on her hand and asked her what she was doing. She said she was trying out for drum major, even though our band director had already chosen her. When I asked why, she said it was because she wanted to impress him. Then I went to sit over by another friend of mine. I asked what she was trying out for, and she  burst into tears said drum major. Since she was already in wind ensemble, she wanted to audition for something to look motivated, and since he never chooses people that audition, she wanted to 'guarantee' that she wouldn't be a drum major. Suddenly, this all made me profoundly upset and I threw down my things and declared that I wouldn't grovel at the feet of this ridiculous system, and walked out of there without auditioning for anything. My friend followed me and got mad at me because she said that I was giving up my dreams and opportunities to make a statement. I have a short monologue and she found it moving enough to agree with me and come with me to visit our middle school. We waited in the car line there for awhile before realizing that our parents weren't coming and ran away to the adjacent neighborhood. There we found a house with a twisted tree in the front yard. I walked into the lawn, drawn by the tree that somehow looked familiar. As I walked in, a spritely red-headed girl jumped down from the branches. She introduced herself as a 19-year-old who was studying neuroscience. Then I realized where I had seen the tree. "You're sixpenceee" I said (sixpenceee is a tumblr user). She replied by saying, "Yep, the one and only", and leading us inside for tea and crumpets. There she explained to us that she was genderfluid, and showed us a little chart of her waking up disgusted by her boobs and other female parts, then in turn identifying as a boy. I was a bit weirded out at seeing pics of her boobs, but just went with it. Some random neighborhood boys showed up in her living room and picking pennies off the floor. There were 6 of them. I told them not to put them together or something bad would happen, but they did anyway. There weren't any visible effects, but when I turned around there was a wall of electric energy and sixpenceee behind it. She said, "Welcome to my collection," and explained to us that now we could never leave. My friend and the boys panicked. I got kinda scared but then I called my mom and sixpenceee took down the border. She said she only did it to laugh at our reactions and didn't intend for me to actually take a rational response to the situation. I gave sixpenceee a hug. While I was in her yard, I remembered a post sixpenceee had made about how her blog got Internet-famous, then I made a tumblr post about something I found interesting and had been wanting to make for awhile, and as I left it got more and more notes. One of them was from sixpenceee.
Then I was at my old gymnastics place. All of my old friends from there were so much taller than me. My dream aged them and it was actually pretty accurate. I sat in on my old class and tried doing some of the stuff and half failed, half did surprisingly well. Then there was this fiasco about buying drinks, and only people in rec team had to pay for their drinks. I called the Doctor, and the 10th, 12th, and an alternate version of the Master wearing the 9th Doctor's clothes showed up. Some stuff happened that I don't remember,  and then the Doctors came to a conclusion. One of them took out his sonic screwdriver and suddenly we were all animated and two-dimensional. The problem was fixed, and now ALL of the drinks were free! The 10th Doctor decided that him and the alternate Master would be much happier in that world. 10 kissed the Master, who got all pissy but carried him offscreen anyway. The 12th Doctor got excited over the free drinks and danced offscreen. Then it was just me. I left the gym, but not before hugging all my friends and doing back walkovers over to the door.

I feel like this dream had a lot to say to me, actually.

Ghost44

• A Pharmacist
« Reply #819 on: March 27, 2015, 03:30:06 AM »

I dream about driving a lot, but my brakes never work well enough so I can never stop at red lights and I always end up running through them. So this time I was driving to my cousins house and there was a train that was coming but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stop in time or if I was going to get hit. Luckily there was a little bit of an upward slope before the tracks so I did manage but man it was really stressful. i actually get pissed off in these dreams
Death and Taxes

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #820 on: March 27, 2015, 03:32:12 AM »

I found there's a reason you dream about that
I had a really good dream but I don't remember what it was about now

Higher, further, faster

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #821 on: March 28, 2015, 06:11:12 AM »

I had a dream about Pan's NaNo book...

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #822 on: March 28, 2015, 09:03:58 AM »

You did? What was it? XD
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #823 on: March 28, 2015, 09:13:08 AM »

I don't remember many details, but I was reading your book but then everything turned meta and I was in your book and there was this airship that ran on the tear dust of people's failed dreams and I was talking to the princess by the fire about how I wish I could come up with great ideas like that for my writing and she was like, "Oh Hun, you already did," and I didn't understand because I didn't realize that it was a dream and I was the one that came up with the idea :P

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #824 on: March 28, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »

There was a princess in my book. There was also a fire. Other than that that is nothing like my book XD

- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 125