Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Irony  (Read 13466 times)

Hannah Burger

Re: Irony
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2010, 08:28:27 AM »

you sure would be a better president than George Bush LOL

My cat would be a better president than George Bush.
[/quote]
wow. I actually agree with you. Brain'splosion.

KingOfSpades

« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »

When you can give me an example of a single thing he did right throughout the entirety of his presidency, I'll consider it.
Thirteen Knives and Cyanide

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »

If you really want to hear about Bush and his good deeds, go to the topic ''Politics(America)''. I put up a pretty good thing bout Bush.
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

Maze-la

• Tumblr
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2010, 10:15:08 AM »

After 9/11 he made Homeland Security which prevented further terrorist attacks.
My mom works for them

KingOfSpades

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2010, 11:51:41 AM »

After 9/11 he made Homeland Security which prevented further terrorist attacks.

There is a phrase for what Homeland Security does.  It's called "security theater."  Things which give the illusion of safety but cannot stop a competent opponent.  Real security experts regularly break straight through the laughably incompetent defenses of the government, just to prove a point.  The only reason America is more secure now than before is because people now know to resist terrorists and instead of quietly complying with them and waiting for the superheroes with badges to save the day for them.

Maze-la

• Tumblr
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »

Hannah Burger

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2010, 04:50:52 AM »

OUR CUSTOMS SAVED A BOMB FROM GETTING TO AMERICA ;D *is dead chuffed and proud*

KingOfSpades

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2010, 06:04:40 AM »

Then why has al-Qaeda not been able to do anything else in the past 7 years?  A lot of their attempts have been foiled.

Al-Qaeda attempted terrorist plots against America all through the 90s.  In fact, the 9/11 attacks were actually the second time the World Trade Center was bombed.  Why do most terrorist attacks get "foiled?"  Simple.  Terrorists aren't Doctor Doom.  They're angry people with guns.  They are literally no more threatening than you are.  Do you really think you could pull off a successful terrorist plot with nothing but what bombs you can make yourself and the guns in your local shop?

Hannah Burger

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »

the one the BRITISH people found was made out of everyday stuff; a phone sim card amongst it :-\   these attacks do fail frequently- it's not the doings of officials that causes this, but the (some) terrorists are EPIC FAILS. Remember the guy who set fire to his butt?

KingOfSpades

« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »

I'm not really sure what your point is... At first I was like, okay, I knew that....but if all that stuff you said is true than why do the attacks happen?  And I'd watch what you say about me not being threatening.  Have you seen me in real life?  I could probably kick your ass.   :D

Because you think you can, you cannot.  Regardless, you're no threat to any halfway competent security force.

mollygator24

« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »

This "fight" is EXTREMELY annoying. Please take it to a PM?!

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

Please guys? Or at least to the politics thread.
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

mollygator24

« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »

I'd prefer PM but the plitics thread is just a's good

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »

I'd prefer PM but the plitics thread is just a's good
My thoughts exactly.

KingOfSpades

« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »

Note: Yes, this is a long post.  No one's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read it.  Get over it.

You have absolutely no rules about keeping threads on topic or the like.  I've little doubt that everyone but me is going to be perfectly willing to drop the subject because you're all terrified of rocking the boat, but that's not really the underlying problem here.  The problem is that you're all relying on sheer force of peer pressure to maintain a huge host of unwritten rules.  Not only does this have absolutely no effect on anyone with a sense of self-confidence, it also means that the rules change depending on how the forums in general feel at the moment.  It's unstable and uncomfortable.  Worse, no one can ever show a shred of honesty, because if you do and the group doesn't like what you have to say, one of the unwritten rules becomes "you suck."  So everyone tip-toes around and pretends to love anyone else and there's no way to know whether or not they really mean it.  As proof of that concept: I like and respect Seth-la, and you know I'm telling the truth because I haven't been shy about saying when I don't like someone.  But if just about anyone else on this board said the same thing, there'd be no way to tell whether they were telling the truth.  Honestly, would any of you ever say that you don't like someone, even if you really didn't?  Even if you don't like them, you don't want to say as much for fear that everyone else will think you're a jerk.  So when someone else says they like you, how do you know they aren't lying for the exact same reasons?

What I'm getting at here: If there's a problem, don't just try and pressure other people into doing something else.  Talk about it, and agree on a rule that'll stop it from ever happening again.  Or you could sweep this all under the rug and pretend that everything is sunshine and rainbows while throwing terrified glances at everyone around you to make sure you aren't breaking the mold.  That would certainly be more in character.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12