Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 3 questions!!  (Read 4157 times)

Denisse-la

• Why u pplz leaving?! *cries* WHY?!
    • Babydow
3 questions!!
« on: November 21, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »

Hello! I am bac from my week... umm... "off" (just cuz i have to take it(you wouldn't understand)) =D
ANYWAYS I had 2 questions, make that 3 questions, that I couldn't answer and wanted to see u Uglies/Pretties/Specials/Extras experts.... so yea my questions -
1. Was it just they way they thought they looked that made them ugly? I mean the people on the covers arn't ugly/pretty, and now dat I think of it uglies could have the same lesion right? So they THOUGHT they looked ugly.... right?
2. Umm did they ever go to space? With the surge-monkeys? (You may not know this, but I'm still asking)
3. I didn't understand this - Tally and David go out at the end right? They were going to u-no-wht right??

Please don't laugh at me ( :) ) l'm only 11! ;D
Go to this link (vv) to see my card on babydow!
http://www.babydow.com/player/27073943
Plz sign up and make me your mentor! =D

mollygator24

Re: 3 questions!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 01:01:58 AM »

1. Yes, they thought they looked ugly because of the lesions, but they were just like us now. They thought they were "ugly" because all of the people older then them, were model pretty. So it made them think they were "ugly". Just like now and how pretty girls will think their ugly because of how "pretty" the girls around them are. Make sense?
2. Yes, they did end up going into space with the surge monkeys.
3. Yes, but it's like one of those "complicated" relationships.
Don't worry bout your age or any of that, im only 12 ;D

KingOfSpades

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 03:30:09 AM »

1. Was it just they way they thought they looked that made them ugly? I mean the people on the covers arn't ugly/pretty, and now dat I think of it uglies could have the same lesion right? So they THOUGHT they looked ugly.... right?

They could have had the lesions, but it is extremely unlikely.  Someone would have to be doing brain surgery on infants, which is incredibly dangerous.  Regardless, authors have no control over their covers, so it's unlikely the people on the covers bear much resemblance to the people in the books.

2. Umm did they ever go to space? With the surge-monkeys? (You may not know this, but I'm still asking)

Who is "they?"

3. I didn't understand this - Tally and David go out at the end right? They were going to u-no-wht right??

Were they together?  Yes.  Were they about to have sex?  Unlikely.  Get your head out of the gutter.
Thirteen Knives and Cyanide

mollygator24

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:39:46 AM »

Get your head out of the gutter.
Dude, that's just plain rude. Leave here alone, we all asked questions like that. And we were all 11 once too. Please be nicer.

Hannah Burger

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:05:22 AM »

Dude, that's just plain rude. Leave here alone, we all asked questions like that. And we were all 11 once too. Please be nicer.
yeah. listen to the hero members.

Sadie-la

• I'm just a ghost, haunting these halls...
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »

They could have had the lesions, but it is extremely unlikely.  Someone would have to be doing brain surgery on infants, which is incredibly dangerous.  Regardless, authors have no control over their covers, so it's unlikely the people on the covers bear much resemblance to the people in the books.
1. i am almost sure that uglies didnt have lesions. i think scott would have mentioned it in bogus to bubbly, and also it says nothing about it in the books. i am pretty sure allie is right that they just think that they have the lesions. 
2. actually the book ends before it explains wheather or not they go into space, so i dont know wheather they do or not.
3.  tally and david do become a couple at the end of the series. probably later in their relationship they do have sex, but probably not right off.

king of spades- yes, please do be a it nicer!
Carbon monoxide
Soon I'll go to sleep
If I don't got my socks on right
They slide right off off my feet
-Regina Spektor- Carbon Monoxide

I love and miss you all! Message me if you want to catch up <3

mollygator24

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »

yeah. listen to the hero members.
Please

KingOfSpades

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »

That...Seriously registered as offensive to you people?  Is there anything you don't take as an insult?

mollygator24

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »

Dude. She specifically said don't make fun of her and yet you say "Get your head out of the gutter"? Yeah, that's considered offensive here.

KingOfSpades

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »

First, it was implicit, not explicit.  Explicitly, she just asked that no one laugh at her.  More importantly: Why do you assume that was a personal attack?

mollygator24

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »

I'm just tired of people being like that to each other.

KingOfSpades

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 01:52:30 PM »

And evidently paranoid, as well.  The world isn't split up into those who walk on eggshells trying not to alienate the group and those who don't care for anyone else but themselves.  Those aren't even mutually exclusive categories.

mollygator24

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 02:02:10 PM »

I am NOT paranoid about that. Im not paranoid at ALL. I know the world isnt split up into just those groups. There's many other too.

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 02:04:09 PM »

King of Spades, What we're trying to say is this:
A couple months ago, there was a HUGE uproar on the forum. Many people almost permanently left, and we were all agitated. Since then, we don't want to repeat that event. So we try to be generally nice, and are only rude unintentionally during arguments over a given topic of importance when stating our opinion. So we're just trying to avoid another event like that, and if someone threatens our peace, we get a bit defensive, because we're all still wary after that incident.
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

mollygator24

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »

King of Spades, What we're trying to say is this:
A couple months ago, there was a HUGE uproar on the forum. Many people almost permanently left, and we were all agitated. Since then, we don't want to repeat that event. So we try to be generally nice, and are only rude unintentionally during arguments over a given topic of importance when stating our opinion. So we're just trying to avoid another event like that, and if someone threatens our peace, we get a bit defensive, because we're all still wary after that incident.
Exactly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4