Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Is it possible to have a WWII and possible a WWIII in the Leviathan Series...  (Read 7514 times)

Vadmaus

I've been a fan of Leviathan since day one... but by the way Scott's playing it out is starting to spoil the possiblaty of a World War II. British, French and Soviets are Darwinists; Germany is Clanker, but Japan and Italy are Darwinists, and the Austrian Region is Clanker. Wouldn't Clanker fight Clanker, Darwinist against Darwinist, that cant happen... Can it?

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity

Possibly. Scott says he's leaving behind the history books. I think that if he does, it will be very different though. For example, I don't think Hitler will appear. But yeah, the concept behind WW2 could be in Goliath.
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

danakairi

I think he is focused on World War I only in the Leviathan series.
"When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably" - Walt Disney

Vadmaus

Thats what i'm afraid of... WWII is a key part in true temperal history, and if he plays his cards right, can be a record changer in the Leviathan Series

danakairi

WWI and WWII are different though...
"When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably" - Walt Disney

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr

yes, but the resolution to WWI led to WWII

ďNo matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right upĒ

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!

Donít hit me, but I donít really like that idea. I have read so many historical fictions based on WWII. With WWI as the backdrop, this series is quite refreshing.

I donít really see how he could include WWII into the series without making it seem cheesy. Incorporating it would just be too much. WWI is so action packed, and interesting that he could do so much with it. Therefore he should focus on that period and work to make it super awesome. The whole series is about WWI and that is where the steampunk comes in. There really isnít a need to put in another time period when this one is so perfect, and moreover perfect for steampunk. It is so close to the Victorian era.

"Have you never thought of walking Tazza yourself?"

Dr. Barlow's eyes widened a bit. "What an odd suggestion."

"Mighty unsavory," her loris said.

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother

It could be interesting, but the timeline is in 1914. deryn and alek would be in their early 40's.
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

Vadmaus

Donít hit me, but I donít really like that idea. I have read so many historical fictions based on WWII. With WWI as the backdrop, this series is quite refreshing.

I donít really see how he could include WWII into the series without making it seem cheesy. Incorporating it would just be too much. WWI is so action packed, and interesting that he could do so much with it. Therefore he should focus on that period and work to make it super awesome. The whole series is about WWI and that is where the steampunk comes in. There really isnít a need to put in another time period when this one is so perfect, and moreover perfect for steampunk. It is so close to the Victorian era.
yeah but WWII is greater then WWI, it resparked Republicanism and fueled Communism as the Prime Forms of Government

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!

But WWI is more fitting for this series.

"Have you never thought of walking Tazza yourself?"

Dr. Barlow's eyes widened a bit. "What an odd suggestion."

"Mighty unsavory," her loris said.

danakairi

Exactly.

holywalrus2

Yup.

Flashman

• Spooky! I'm a ghost! Ooh!

Who said that they are dar?
Westerforum Resident Oh Who Cares No One Will Actually Read This

holywalrus2

Nobody.