Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: WW...II?  (Read 24974 times)

Volgers Moustache

• Hey, you see that, Yeeah, It's a MOUSTACHE! ~slap~
Re: WW...II?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »

WE dn't know what's gonna hapen so why re we jumping to conclusions?!?!?!
VM. You are so funny and great to be around, You make me laugh, you have the weirdest ideas and you're totally cool. I've known you for the majority of the time here, And your one of my favorite forumers. I love all the things on the 19th Century RP (PIANO SEX!!). Your characters are all smooth with

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »

this...is...ridonculusly long and informative ^^ But when you look at your post, and you look at Westerfelds' book... you're very politically centered, and very factual about the whole thing. Westerfeld's more personally centered, focusing of the people, not the war itself. It's hard to answer your questions, owing to the fact that, as i am in grade ten >.< i have yet to learn all the details. But i was going to focus the book like Westerfeld. and no one answered whether or not i should continue my writing on an rpg, or just keep writing here...

Yeah, that is what I like about this book. It isn't a history textbook. It depicts the war from the point of view of two teenagers.

"Have you never thought of walking Tazza yourself?"

Dr. Barlow's eyes widened a bit. "What an odd suggestion."

"Mighty unsavory," her loris said.

Sultan Osman I

• The unofficial randomosity generator for the forum
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »

Yup. you know what I've learned about you guys? you are amazingly good at avoiding a question XD should i post the next bits i've written here?
DIE IN THE NAME OF PIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to read so much I learned to write. - me

Volgers Moustache

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:50 PM »

-_-
VM. You are so funny and great to be around, You make me laugh, you have the weirdest ideas and you're totally cool. I've known you for the majority of the time here, And your one of my favorite forumers. I love all the things on the 19th Century RP (PIANO SEX!!). Your characters are all smooth with

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »

Yup. you know what I've learned about you guys? you are amazingly good at avoiding a question XD should i post the next bits i've written here?

Yes

Vadmaus

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »

yeah, hey, can I maybe write the final draft?

Sultan Osman I

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »

we'd have to get the first draft out first though >.< XP

Volgers Moustache

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 08:20:58 PM »

ALL RIGHT! I'm in...

Sultan Osman I

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 02:39:33 AM »

HUZA! XD i haz a lot more stuff that i've written... be prepared >.<

Sultan Osman I

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 02:56:50 AM »

it gets a little messy, because i'm writing as i go but yeah, this is a continuation from my first bit on this, so it doesn't make sense unless you read that:
Truth be told though, she thought this Kyle person was rather spiffy looking, but she could tell something was off. And she thought she knew what it was too. She narrowed her eyes a fraction and said in a softer voice, "and how old are we, Kyle?" There was an awkward pause that was almost tangible before, "Sixteen Ma'am. If i may be so bold as to ask, why?" Because you look the same age as...Shoot! I nearly forgot! Sharp thought as she wheeled around to call for a messenger lizard, totally ignoring the boys' question. "Ma'am?" He said tentatively, "May I be of some assistance?" Deryn glared at him for half a second before realizing he was offering to help. "How did you get here?" she asked, and the boys' face split into a massive grin. "A horulf Ma'am. I do believe that they are the fastest legal beasties one can use for travel in the city?"
"aye, I would have to say so." Deryn said sadly, suddenly hit by a pang of longing for her beloved airship, the Leviathan. "Alright, get it to him as quick as you can, and use your recorder frog, i want him to hear my voice in the message." she said and pulled a frog out of her desk. "Oh, and be sure to call him a barking dummkopf for me." she said, then relayed her actual message to the frog and handed it to Kyle, and saw him out of the door. Then she heaved a great sigh and sat on her fabricated leather chair, and looked through the latest on what was shaping up to be another World War... ***

Sultan Osman I

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 03:11:47 AM »

please assist in proofreading this and tell me if i should type up the rest

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 03:37:40 AM »

So, I am not the best when it comes to grammar. But I didn't notice any mistakes. I just want to know what happens next.  :)

Sultan Osman I

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:51 AM »

heh, take heart my friend, there are 9 more where that came from...so far :)

Sultan Osman I

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 04:05:44 AM »

Alrighty, next one...:
Barking spiders! thought Kyle, that was way too close. Because he was of course, not sixteen just like Deryn suspected. He was fifteen and 4 months. Kyle let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding, once he had stepped outside the generals office and heard the door closed behind him. His shoulders slumped as he looked around him, staring at the fabricated oak walls and carpet. Kyle smiled suddenly at the thought of fabrication, (This the right terminology?) one day, he thought to himself, one day I'll be fighting alongside and with a beastie, and it'll be me who fabricated it. And we'll beat the clart right out of those clanker scum! He was grinning like a fool when he remembered the message he needed to deliver. He stopped grinning rather abruptly, and instead adopted a pensive look. Kyle was thinking about the man he had to deliver the generals' message to: Aleksandr Hapsburg. The barking emperor of Austria-Hungary! Well, technically he was the emperor, but everyone said it was Volger who really managed things, the emperor supposedly didn't have a head for politics. Kyle shuddered... He was going to have to call the emperor of a super-power a dummkopf... Kyle did not relish the thought, as he made his way out of the building and on to his horulf; a horse and wolf hybrid, designed by Darwin's daughter herself, Dr. Nora Darwin Barlow. It was an ingenious beastie, with the strands of wold that gave it good sprinting power, agility and nimbleness, and the threads of horse that gave it sheer speed and resilience. He straddled the beastie and took off in the direction of the outskirts of London, to deliver a message that would scare the fléchettes  out of any bat. ***
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:13:05 AM by Sultan Osman I »

Volgers Moustache

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 07:10:56 AM »

I think it shouldn't be called a horulf. It should be called a Lupine Equusque Meaning literally the same thing but in latin!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31