Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Your fave UGLIES book?  (Read 12987 times)

purplebookworm2

Re: Your fave UGLIES book?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »

heh be honest, i know you all love my signature ! xD
"'So, David, is that one of the things you though about all those years, when you imagined the Smoke being invaded? Did you ever wonder what would turn the cities into history?'
       He smiled and took a big bite.
       'It gets clearer every day.'" - Uglies

Charu of Midnight13

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

My favorite UGLIES series book was Uglies. I loved Tally's time in the wild. It was really funny when she got really tired of the Spagbol just like I got tired of Maruchan soups. The rest of the books were good but Uglies was the most memorable for me.

Smurfie

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 03:12:40 AM »

hmmm I don't know.   I loved them all for my own reasons.
Uglies: It was the first book, and I've noticed the first one is usually really good.  I liked how that was when she really made the desision to be with the Smoke-and her and David started being "together" so to speak.
Pretties-She had to fight away the bubble headed ness, and she was strong enough to cure herself.  BUT she called David Ugly in the end, and although I loved Zane and almost cried when (SPOILER) he died, I always liked David better. 
Specials-great book but Tally was a real jerk, and Zane died in that one...but she also make mends with David.
Extras- really liked Aya, she was almost like tally, a kicker by victim of circumstance, like hoe Tally wanted to be a pretty.
But I think all in all I liked Uglies best.

Emily_wa

• Stay Icy!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 04:38:06 AM »

Charu of Midnight13- OMG i SO agree! Uglies was def my fave becuz of the same reason! i also loved the fact that once Tally got to the Smoke, she WANTED to be there and it wasnt just about getting Shay back anymore.
"We're not freaks, Tally. We're normal. We may not be gorgeous, but at least we're not hyped-up barbie dolls." -Shay, Uglies

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 04:53:15 AM »

I liked Specials best cuz that was the one where Tally really changed a lot.
And I cried when she cured Dr. Cable.
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...

Emily_wa

• Stay Icy!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 04:54:46 AM »

team toshi banana- yaaaa that makes sense i guess..lol
"We're not freaks, Tally. We're normal. We may not be gorgeous, but at least we're not hyped-up barbie dolls." -Shay, Uglies

Nina-Chan

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »

i was like "YAY" when she cured dr cable, she wouldn't kill her and by curing her, the specials had no "leader"

Emily_wa

• Stay Icy!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 05:23:38 AM »

i was like "YAY" when she cured dr cable, she wouldn't kill her and by curing her, the specials had no "leader"

thats totally true! lol

hannah_rox_ur_sox_off

• TEAM TALLY-----STAY BUBBLY-----NO MORE PRETTIES
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »

pretties or specials  pretties cuse of zane-la and  specials cuse its got alot action but ist sad when zane-la dies i cry every time i read that part :-[
you all say you need us. Well, maybe you do, but not to help you.you have enought help, with the milllionsof bubbly new minds about to be unleashed,with all the cities coming awake at last.Together you're more than enought to change the world without us-------Tally Youngblood-----Specials

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »

pretties or specials  pretties cuse of zane-la and  specials cuse its got alot action but ist sad when zane-la dies i cry every time i read that part :-[

me too i was devestated  :'(
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

lavinsane

• http://lavinsane.deviantart.com/
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »

Uglies, but also Specials. I love how, after she changes-ish, her special mind still holds her back (from crying, from expressing emotion, etc.). I also love her connection with David then- it changed, was harder, they'd been through more and I think it was much deeper than it was just after Uglies. And David still wants her, even after all that.

So, I have a question- I'm not sure if I should post it here, but I'm already typing so to hell with it. How much taller is the Special Tally than David? And does she really have pointy- like, triangle- teeth? :o. It just aggravates me most if she's taller than him. I know I'm being anti-feminist or whatnot here, but it seems weird if she's like a foot taller than the guy. (But it's that, plus her muscles and stuff that'd just make her seem like a giant compared to him.) AH! Oh my God I need to shut up. I talk way to much. I'm sorry you had to read my rant.

levi_ann

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 02:27:25 PM »

Extras because I didn't want to cry or scream at any of the characters. Well, maybe a little bit. I like looking at Tally and seeing what she's become after all the painful things she went through. I'm proud of what she is in Extras.
"Our fingerprints don't fade away from the lives we touch." --Robert Pattinson, Remember Me

juli-wa {Julie-wa}

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »

well, I honestly just put all three together...

but Specials is a great part of Tally's story.

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:20 AM »

i never thought of that lavinasane, i suppose she would have been taller than him
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Nina-Chan

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »

heh be honest, i know you all love my signature ! xD

haha i actually do like your signature.

me too i was devestated  :'(

me 3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4