Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Fanfic  (Read 19274 times)

hoverponies forever

• THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!
Re: Fanfic
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »

I like the sour cherry ones...
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Attitudes are contagious. Mine can kill you

PhoenixAshes

• "I am about to die."
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »

Green apple and tangerine are the best!

FleaBird6

• DNA
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »

PEAR! Or any of the sweeter fruits.
Just not black licorice.

What was this discussion about, before Jelly Beans popped up?
Hello, and how is your day today?

ItalianRose5

• The Real Mrs. Potter
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »

Unfortunately, Eddie Malone is at least being mentioned in Goliath, and probably making an appearance. He's one of the two people who don't know Deryn's secret already who I think can figure it out (the other being Dr. Barlow, obviously) so he may have a seriously major role.

I actually think Barlow knows already.  She's just making Deryn believe that it's about her age.  I actually think she's smarter than Volger, so if he knows, she most definitely knows.

Starlight

• I really need a picture here.
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2011, 12:38:16 AM »

Unfortunately, Eddie Malone is at least being mentioned in Goliath, and probably making an appearance. He's one of the two people who don't know Deryn's secret already who I think can figure it out (the other being Dr. Barlow, obviously) so he may have a seriously major role.

I actually think Barlow knows already.  She's just making Deryn believe that it's about her age.  I actually think she's smarter than Volger, so if he knows, she most definitely knows.

Dr. Barlow definitely knows, and she is smarter than Volger. If she didn't find out in Leviathan, then she did in Behemoth. Don't underestimate her cleverness!
Alek: "What can an airship do to a bunch of ironclads?"
Deryn: "My guess is, we'll stay absolutely still for an hour. Just so we don't fall into any bad habits."

Gotta love Deryn's sarcasm!

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
« Reply #200 on: March 04, 2011, 03:50:57 AM »

In my very humble opinion, I do not think she knows. There hasn't been any indication or clue that she does know. And if she did know, she would have understood the MR. Sharp thing at the end of the book. I feel if saying she knows is sort of jumping the gun. And what makes you think she is smarter than the count?

"Have you never thought of walking Tazza yourself?"

Dr. Barlow's eyes widened a bit. "What an odd suggestion."

"Mighty unsavory," her loris said.

ItalianRose5

• The Real Mrs. Potter
« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2011, 03:58:49 AM »

In my very humble opinion, I do not think she knows. There hasn't been any indication or clue that she does know. And if she did know, she would have understood the MR. Sharp thing at the end of the book. I feel if saying she knows is sort of jumping the gun. And what makes you think she is smarter than the count?

Because she's Dr. flippin' Barlow!  LoL.  I don't know, I just have a feeling she knows. 

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2011, 05:30:20 AM »

I think she doesn't totally know, but is thinking it's a real possibility. or she knows, and has a real sneaky plan to have something with deryn's secret.
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

PhoenixAshes

• "I am about to die."
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2011, 05:58:04 AM »

When I first read Leviathan, I thought Dr. Barlow knew Deryn's secret. But when I read Behemoth, I figured maybe she really didn't know. Of course, I think she might have a strong suspicion now.

I really thought she was going to discover Deryn's secret first, not Volger. But I think it was better for Volger to find out first. Besides, it was funny :D

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2011, 06:18:44 AM »

Lolz :D
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

leviathanseries

• Hi! :D
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2011, 07:22:37 AM »

I really hope she doesn't know. I like the idea that there's at least something out there she doesn't know. But that was a good point, if the count knows, shouldn't Dr. Barlow? She's known Deryn longer.
I think she didn't know in Leviathan, but if she did know, it was in Behemoth... at the end, with that Mr. Sharp thing and the "loris are only supposed to attatch to one person unless..." thing it could have made it fairly obvious for her.

ArtfullyInsane

• Who cares? Just jam out.
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »

she was utterly confused at the end of Behemoth. She didn't know then, but she has a big suspicion now, or already knows.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

STABIMUS FEROCIORIS We will stand defiant.
the JUNIOR MINTS will get you in your sleep (Gone MG reference!)
FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
People say psycho like it's a bad thing

waxesnostalgic

• Crazed Leviathan Fangirl
    • Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »

When I first read Leviathan, I thought Dr. Barlow knew Deryn's secret. But when I read Behemoth, I figured maybe she really didn't know. Of course, I think she might have a strong suspicion now.

I really thought she was going to discover Deryn's secret first, not Volger. But I think it was better for Volger to find out first. Besides, it was funny :D

That's exactly what I thought... I would have bet money that she knew. Though now, I realize that what I interpreted as her knowing was just her bluffing sneakiness. We know her a lot better as a character now. I think that with her loris she will figure it out very early in Goliath.
"I may not understand Goliath," he said simply. "But I understand Darwinist fabrications even less."
"Keep it that way," Volger said. "You're the heir to the Austrian throne, not some zookeeper." -Goliath

Leviathan Wiki

danni

• edogawa conan, tantei-san
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2011, 12:22:22 PM »

He's not bland! I'm writing a whole 15- section fanfiction on his love life!(not with deryn.  She's wit Alek) It is interesting, because Robina, deryns cousin, pranks Alek, so then Deryn pranks Robina by convincin Newkirk that Robina likes him! And I'm nit even sure if Robina exiists, or if she is Deryn, indisguise(in a letter).  And Newkirk acts like a sweet, itiotic, lovesick fool too Robina, who is basicly Deryn's identical twin, only she is considering joining the navy, and Newkirk gets all sexist! And.... thats as far as I got.

You could write multiple endings, or write one, and then go bavk and write another!
woah woah woah!!! YOU'RE the person who's writing that fic? I'm still waiting for more parts!!!!!
Spread the fail whale
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

(>'.')># I got you this waffle
#<('.'<) But then I thought
(>'#'<) "I'm hungry"
<(^.^)> So I ate it!

ArtfullyInsane

• Who cares? Just jam out.
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »

i'm currently addicted to like 15 different fanfics.

Alek POV

It was windy on the spine. The soft breeze felt good on his crawling skin though, and it sent goose bumps up his arms. Instead of answering the insistent piping of the alarm, he sat down on the edge of the membrane, staring out at the clear and endless sky, stained with blood-colored streaks of cloud as the sun died in the west. The red color reflected his mood very well. The water of the ocean underneath was inky black.
So it would never be anything with Deryn, because she had clearly rejected him. Even after all clues that she had sent him, the clues that he had apparently misinterpreted. 
There was a soft thud of footsteps behind him. Isaac the Blonde sat next to him on the rough skin of the beastie.
“What’s the matter?” inquired Isaac.
This is not the time to bud into my business, Alek thought. He didn’t want to talk to this stranger. But Isaac continued on, unaware.
“Maybe you could talk to me, I don’t know, sometime later in you cabin, so-“
But Alek wasn’t listening anymore. He was just tuning Isaac out; this boy was annoying. So he didn’t see it as Isaac reached inside his coat and pulled out a gun. The blonde boy continued to talk without thinking as he brought the metal butt of the pistol slamming against the back of Alek’s head. The prince felt an excruciating explosion on his neck and then everything went black.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:08:54 PM by Ski »
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

STABIMUS FEROCIORIS We will stand defiant.
the JUNIOR MINTS will get you in your sleep (Gone MG reference!)
FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
People say psycho like it's a bad thing
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16