Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Your opinion of Tally Youngblood.  (Read 23430 times)

Nina-Chan

Your opinion of Tally Youngblood.
« on: January 11, 2010, 04:49:56 AM »

Tally Youngblood.
Tally is a person with many dimensions to her, plus the constant rewiring of her brain but what do you think of her in general?
and also in extra aya says "what DOES she care about?" and that made me wonder, what?
does she truly care about David? About Zane? Shay?

Emily_wa

• Stay Icy!
Re: Your opinion of Tally Youngblood.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:21:28 AM »

In all the books, I think she is a very shallow, self-centered character. You may not agree, but throughout the books, she never acts like she cares about anyone but herself. Between Tally and Shay, I like Shay ten times better. I don't think she really cares about Zane or David or Shay because she's so shallow and can't except them the way they are.
"We're not freaks, Tally. We're normal. We may not be gorgeous, but at least we're not hyped-up barbie dolls." -Shay, Uglies

mollygator24

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:29:36 AM »

In all the books, I think she is a very shallow, self-centered character. You may not agree, but throughout the books, she never acts like she cares about anyone but herself. Between Tally and Shay, I like Shay ten times better. I don't think she really cares about Zane or David or Shay because she's so shallow and can't except them the way they are.

she may be exactly what you said but shes also mysterious and unexpecting. she cares about david, zane, and shay but in a different way then you may think. for this reason i like tally.

Nina-Chan

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 05:33:54 AM »

she may be exactly what you said but shes also mysterious and unexpecting. she cares about david, zane, and shay but in a different way then you may think. for this reason i like tally.

i agree with you both

Emily_wa

• Stay Icy!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:34:37 AM »

that's true...very mysterious, unexpecting, and dare i say, devious, but i think that she's just not my favorite character. i think she's just really focused on changing people..but i dont know, you may be right.
"We're not freaks, Tally. We're normal. We may not be gorgeous, but at least we're not hyped-up barbie dolls." -Shay, Uglies

mollygator24

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:35:40 AM »

i agree with you both

awesome

mollygator24

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 05:42:32 AM »

that's true...very mysterious, unexpecting, and dare i say, devious, but i think that she's just not my favorite character. i think she's just really focused on changing people..but i dont know, you may be right.

very true. i dont think shes focused on changing people though. shes just like me but in different ways

Pedestrian

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:16:37 AM »

Like I said in the favorite character thread, I think her character is realistic. People aren't perfect.

I think she's capable of learning, which is important. And I think she cares about the big picture, not just herself. She realizes stuff like that freedom is dangerous and that nature is beautiful. But her society keeps ingraining certain ideals into her head and rewiring her brain and manipulating her, and she can't really help that. It's not her fault.

mollygator24

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 08:47:30 AM »

i agree with you, pedestrain!

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 09:21:49 AM »

I think Tally's character is very realistic... I like her, but I really like Shay better.
Shay seems to care for whatever group she's part of at the moment... (Smokies, Cutters, Crims) Tally seems loyal to the group too... but if you look closely all her actions are about her latest boyfriend. I got really upset with her when she chose Zane over the cutters, only because she kept telling herself that she still was loyal to the cutters too, when she wasn't!
Anyway, just wanted to share my opinion.
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...

mollygator24

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »

I think Tally's character is very realistic... I like her, but I really like Shay better.
Shay seems to care for whatever group she's part of at the moment... (Smokies, Cutters, Crims) Tally seems loyal to the group too... but if you look closely all her actions are about her latest boyfriend. I got really upset with her when she chose Zane over the cutters, only because she kept telling herself that she still was loyal to the cutters too, when she wasn't!
Anyway, just wanted to share my opinion.

thats true and shay is a better person but i still like tally better....

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »

Yeah, I like Tally too... (you can't NOT like her, she is the main character)
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...

mollygator24

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 10:56:01 AM »

ya i know! but some people just dont like her!

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »

I don't nolike tally I just realy wanted to give her a smack every so often

mollygator24

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »

she can get that way but i dont care cause i wanna slap me sometimes! lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8