Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Your opinion of Tally Youngblood.  (Read 23406 times)

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
Re: Your opinion of Tally Youngblood.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 11:40:32 AM »

I don't nolike tally I just realy wanted to give her a smack every so often
lol same here!
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...

hannah_rox_ur_sox_off

• TEAM TALLY-----STAY BUBBLY-----NO MORE PRETTIES
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 11:50:47 AM »

idk just tottaly friken awsome she reminds me alot of myself ;D so thats means pretty awsome i mean i think shes the best carecter every made so that summs it up pretty gud
you all say you need us. Well, maybe you do, but not to help you.you have enought help, with the milllionsof bubbly new minds about to be unleashed,with all the cities coming awake at last.Together you're more than enought to change the world without us-------Tally Youngblood-----Specials

Ellen-wa

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 03:53:21 AM »

Well, since I'm Tally Youngblood, I'm going to  have to say that she's pretty awesome. XD XD haha
♥Ellen

"In my anguish, I cried to the Lord and he answered by setting me free. The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?"
~Psalm 118:5-6

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 03:58:58 AM »

Tally the Time Lady :D

Ellen-wa

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 04:06:46 AM »

Yup yup. XD XD I just got back from saving the world from Daleks in 2011. Beware, guys. Next year, they're coming. lol
♥Ellen

"In my anguish, I cried to the Lord and he answered by setting me free. The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?"
~Psalm 118:5-6

JimmyLost

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 04:09:00 AM »

lol

Smurfie

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 02:17:46 PM »

Eh I agree she was a bit selfish throughout all the books and a bit of a brat, but it kinda re,inded me of a lot of life in general, but on a more horrific scale.  Trying to be popular, not fitting in unless you are, betraying your friends, but being guilty, etc.  I liked that she was in indesicion the wole series, and it kinda concludesit with her finally being lifted of her guilt and w David

Rosiewa

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 02:37:43 PM »

She really does just kinda represent life in a number of topics. and for me at least whenever im faced with any kind of serious choice i literally think"what would tally do". help so much :)
Hi Ping-La :)
-Tally Youngblood, Specials

juli-wa {Julie-wa}

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »

In all the books, I think she is a very shallow, self-centered character. You may not agree, but throughout the books, she never acts like she cares about anyone but herself. Between Tally and Shay, I like Shay ten times better. I don't think she really cares about Zane or David or Shay because she's so shallow and can't except them the way they are.

I don't think Tally is shallow, but she is self-centered. Be careful when giving a character a group of traits...

although Scott-la can of course disagree with me,

And I like Shay a lot more than Tally, but I am a lot more like Tally than Shay  :-\

And Tally, she does care about Shay and David and Zane!
She does have issues with both boys at different times, accepting them, that's for sure.
But she cares, she always has. She just isn't always thinking about them. Every time her brain was messed with, so were her priorities. And before her brain was literally messed with, she was a victim of the system (Shay and Zane were blessed with the chance of the people they knew and Shay benefited best, at least at first, because she went to the Smoke while Zane did not). When she breaks away from all systems, she cares about all three of the above very clearly.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:05:42 PM by juli-wa {Julie-wa} »

Rasta-la

• www.myspace.com
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 03:12:23 AM »

I think she's really cool and sarcastic :D she understands the world and the crultys.. just like most of us need to do. I think she is an awesome chara. And I look up to her XD
Stars in your eyes?

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »

tally was a little selfish but i always liked her as a character- when she went to betray the smoke it was only because she wanted to keep a promise that she had made to peris before she even met shay so either way she would have betrayed someone and she eventually decided to stay in the smoke so she didnt actually mean to betray shay like she had planned. A lot of her choices were made for her so she wasnt always in her normal state of mind but i agree with julie-wa that it was clear that she cared about shay zane and david when she rewired herself
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Tabac vie

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 10:09:37 AM »

I think that the reason most people like Shay better than Tally is because we all want to think that we would be Shay. It rebel the strong one who nnever fell for any of the popular worries of life. While Tally is more like us, she gets peer pressured, she wants to fit in and she is far from prefect.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

JimmyLost

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »

well shay's not entierly perfect either

Nina-Chan

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 03:20:46 AM »

well shay's not entierly perfect either

No, she isn't, they both have their flaws. Shay overeacts and Tally does the opposite:)

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »

That "Best Friends For Never" essay in Mind Rain says pretty much what I feel. I like Shay cuz I feel sorry for her. She's just as brilliant, clever, tricky, and good at hoverboarding as Tally... she could easily star in her own book But she's loyal to Tally, and she doesn't leave.
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8