Scott Westerfeld Forum

Poll

Would you rather watch a really bad version of Uglies now or wait 10 years to watch a perfect Uglies movie?

I can't wait!
I don't want to wait but I would.
Yeah I would wait.
Uglies? What's that?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Uglies Movie  (Read 2933 times)

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
Re: Uglies Movie
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »

LOTR was pretty close, but if you've read the books several times, you notice there was no romance in the books, and no Tom Bombadil in the movies.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

shadley

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »

Uglies is one of those books you can just see as a movie. Most movies changed the story...  A Wrinkle In Time was pretty accurate, but the movie wasn't the best quality.
I have read the book, but nvr seen the movie. It's an older movie isn't it, if so it would make sense that it isn't best quality because that movie requires alot of special effects.

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 11:34:35 AM »

I read like 1/2 of a Wrinkle in Time and got so confused that finally I just stopped. Which sucked, cause I hate quitting books, but I had to. I hope to try it again though soon. Hopefully it will make more sense.
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

shadley

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »

I read it in 6th grade, we read it as a class.

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »

That's cool. Although, I've never liked  reading as a class. My reading speed is way faster, and it's a pain to have to lag behind with everyone else. :-\

shadley

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »

We just listened to the tape and followed along, I was way ahead though.

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2010, 12:12:16 PM »

Grr....tapes.

shadley

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »

I love being in high school cause now we read independently(or we did in middle school)

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »

We don't read at all. Well, not as an assignment. They just give us (maybe) as short, short story, and then like 40 worksheets. It sucks.

zack-attack

• TACO MAN!
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »

i wouldnt really want to wait for the movie to come out but i picked the option that i would wait. really because i am one of those people that sits in the theater with their friends and constantly pickes little thing out that are wrong. i mean really if you cant get it right dont do it at all. also if there really is going to be an uglies movie, i hope scott-la will be VERY involved. i mean he has to be there picking out the little things for me. if its wrong do NOT settle, that'll just be diappointing to the rest of us. most of the things in the books will be pretty hard to duplicate. im not saying that itll be impossible, just very hard. i think the hardest thing will be the characters, theyre really detailed in the books and we wont ever find someone just like them so we need super great actors. preferrably someone who actually read the books on their own time rather then just read it becaus ethey got the job. AND one thing that really bugs me, why does everyone in movies have to be like 10 years older than they are actually supposed to be?
the life worth living is the the life unlived.
~westerforums official bass player~
Pages: 1 2 [3]