Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uglies series playlist  (Read 7532 times)

Nina-Chan

Re: Uglies series playlist
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 04:44:45 AM »

i also think that for specials run this town by rihanna and jay-z would be good

ohh definitely! (i think kanye west was somewhere in there as well

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 04:50:13 AM »

oh ye i forgot about kanye west lol
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Nina-Chan

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 07:24:12 AM »

lol good

charitybradford

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18:47 AM »

I can tell I'm quite a bit older than most of you, but  I have read almost all of Scott's books and enjoyed them all...
Anyway, I have been trying to get my 12 year old daughter to read Uglies and so on without much luck, but she picked up So Yesterday on the way to school. I had just finished it and was planning to return it to the library but after reading the cover she thought she would give it a try.

She loved it! She even used her own money to buy multi-colored shoe strings and started creating new designs with the lacing. She thinks she figured out the Eiffel tower design and goes on about how she is an innovator. I don't think a real innovator would care if they were an innovator or not.

Nina-Chan

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 03:17:12 AM »

I can tell I'm quite a bit older than most of you, but  I have read almost all of Scott's books and enjoyed them all...
Anyway, I have been trying to get my 12 year old daughter to read Uglies and so on without much luck, but she picked up So Yesterday on the way to school. I had just finished it and was planning to return it to the library but after reading the cover she thought she would give it a try.

She loved it! She even used her own money to buy multi-colored shoe strings and started creating new designs with the lacing. She thinks she figured out the Eiffel tower design and goes on about how she is an innovator. I don't think a real innovator would care if they were an innovator or not.

That is random:)
I find So Yesterday easier to get into than Uglie.s They are both  really good (I assume, I just started "So Yesterday") but Uglies takes a while. I had Uglies since I was 10 and I only finished the book in september. I was/still am 13.

And I am glad that your daughter and you enjoyed that together:)

ReineDeVampire

• Party in my eye socket, and everyone's invited!
    • LivEvil
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 08:01:52 AM »

Well if your daughter likes So Yesterday she might give the others a try. I started reading Scotts books when I was 14.

And phewy you guys. All with the hippedy hop >.<

"I'm not like all the other girls
I can't take it like the other girls
I won't share it like the other girls
That you used to know"

Rosiewa

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »

i know it was orginally by tears for fears and that michael andrews recorded it for donnie darko and all but i think soft piano in that cover fits uglies better than the tears for fears version
Hi Ping-La :)
-Tally Youngblood, Specials

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 09:45:48 AM »

i also think that for pretties set fire to the third bar by snow patrol and martha wainwright it reminds me of when tally and zane are separated and tally is getting to the smoke for him

Rosiewa

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »

ooooo Such Great Heights reminds me of David And Tally if you think about it, it's kinda like them riding their hoverboards!!!!! i love iron and wine, however i believe since The Postal Service is more technoie(good word right?) it fits more since Uglies is in the future.
Hi Ping-La :)
-Tally Youngblood, Specials

Kristen-la

• Hi Ping-la!
    • Myy Facebook :3
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »

lets make a playlist!

uglies: Got Dynamite- Demi Lovato (yes I am serious, listen to it, it will surprise  you as how good it is)
pretties: Misery Buisness Paramore
Specials: Careful Pframore (very icy)
Extras: Fences- Paramore

omg i luv paramore <3  awesome playlist, i havent heard the one by Demi tho, for Pretties a good song would be Everybody's Fool by Evanescence, Uglies seems a little more like Misery Buisness only because of the line "shes got a body like an hour glass its tickin like a clock" that seems almost like an Ugly describing a Pretty. for Specials I agree with Careful and Fences for Extras. For the Pretty Commitee mabye Playing God by Paramore because thats what it seems like they're doing! any non-bubbleheaded Pretty could see that.
Kristen-la <3
Stay Icy.

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »

Everybody's fool would be good

Nina-Chan

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »

lets make a playlist!

uglies: Got Dynamite- Demi Lovato (yes I am serious, listen to it, it will surprise  you as how good it is)
pretties: Misery Buisness Paramore
Specials: Careful Pframore (very icy)
Extras: Fences- Paramore

omg i luv paramore <3  awesome playlist, i havent heard the one by Demi tho, for Pretties a good song would be Everybody's Fool by Evanescence, Uglies seems a little more like Misery Buisness only because of the line "shes got a body like an hour glass its tickin like a clock" that seems almost like an Ugly describing a Pretty. for Specials I agree with Careful and Fences for Extras. For the Pretty Commitee mabye Playing God by Paramore because thats what it seems like they're doing! any non-bubbleheaded Pretty could see that.

A Paramore fan? Awesome!
Everybody's fool would be good too for pretties as well as Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore.
Misery buisness does fit Uglies! Not only the "body like an hourglass" part but also because Tally stole David from Shay, who in the end turns pretty! and Playing God works too!!!

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 09:07:30 AM »

how about coldplay- fix you? everyone is always trying to fix tally and she's constantly going through difficult times and trying to get back to being happy and "normal"
Pages: 1 [2]