Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: *IN HONOR OF VALENTINES DAY*  (Read 14360 times)

Vanilla Ice cream

*IN HONOR OF VALENTINES DAY*
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »

Okay so I was thinking... in honor of <3 Valentine's <3  ;D day, any fan fiction's that you have, about romance, or funny romance, or just have a bit of mushyness  :P inside of them,
POST THEM HERE!!!  They can be about any character.

Vanilla Ice cream

Re: *IN HONOR OF VALENTINES DAY*
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:14:15 AM »

ok this is a part of one of my fan fics
"But you've saved my life! And, you're brave, and smart, and daring and...."  Alek broke off.
This explained why Dylan looked so... pretty ...sometimes.
Melinda spoke.
"its been so funny, the past few weeks, with you breaking poor Dylan's heart and not even realizing it, because you're always trying to impress me."
Just then, a guard came into the room again.
"Miss, we need you in the lobby. Some... visitors."
"ok Mert, I'll be rigth down."  "and you two, stay put."
She left, and then Deryn stood up, stumbling a bit.
"you've..been in love with me?" Alek asked.
Dylan stopped in front of him and, taking out a knife, cut his ropes.
Alek stood up.
Deryn was very close to him now.  Her eyes were entrancing.
"First of all, my name's not Dylan.  Its Deryn."
"And second of all...."
Deryn leaned close and then softly kissed him.

Emma-la

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:15:21 AM »

I hate Valentines day. It's a day created to make single people feel all lonely. Or like they should have a date and they're losers because they don't.

Although I love Romance books and rps
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

ArtfullyInsane

• Who cares? Just jam out.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »

Alek could feel the violent shudders underneath his feet as the flares pelted the side of the Leviathan. He struggled with the unwieldy controls on the engine, fighting to keep balance with Klopp. Normally he wasn’t allowed out of his chambers, but those stupid engineers for the ship still hadn’t master the techniques enough to controls the air beast during an attack. So Alek was left in charge of the left side of the Leviathan.
   Sparks flew in every direction, shocking his arms even through his protection. Oil stained his finger tips. Screams filtered to his ears from the spine, sending tingles down his spine. But his top concern had to be the engines; without them, the Leviathan would be stranded in mid-air.
   A sudden explosion ripped through the rattling of the gears and pistons. That had better be one of the German spotters going down. If it wasn’t……he wasn’t going to think about that.
   With a screech, the remaining spotters skittered away. The throttle turned blue. Alek heaved a great sigh of relief as he eased on the saunter. It was over. No more deaths to hear with perfect clarity, no more cries of wounded soldiers……sometimes he wondered if he would ever be used to this ugly war.
   He and Baurer commented calmly on the multiple problems with the saunters that needed to be addressed to make the Leviathan engineer’s lives easier. So there was that balance problem, the timing problem, the gears and pistons might crack in the cold, of course those idiots might break the saunters by pushing the pedal at the wrong time, oh, and on that matter, the pedals needed adjusting on the height……
   Alek was interrupted by the shrill whistle declaring that all hand to the spine. He supposed he was included in the hands. Quickly he stumbled out into the great air beast. He scrambled up the iron stairs and started the climb up to the spine. A small ruckus converted his attention. Bovril was somehow loose in the ship and of course he was ‘becoming more precipitous’, as Dr. Barlow always said. So he scooped the furry creature up and stepped onto the spine.
   It was a wreck. Bodies lay everywhere, some moaning, and some lay deathly still. Alek wanted to close his eyes. The sickly and eerie sounds of agony sent his stomach down to his feet. Just keep walking, he told himself. But he couldn’t tear his eyes from the bodies. All of them had families, people who loved them, maybe children, and now they were gone forever. The families will probably get an abrupt and brief explanation of what happened, from a complete stranger. 
   One soldier, he noticed was wearing a sloppily made bead bracelet, maybe from a child. One was wearing a locket which could have pictures of loved ones in it. Another body was sporting a strangely tailored uniform, just like the one Dylan always wore…
   Suddenly Alek was running. Running towards that body that couldn’t be his best friend. No, no, no, was all he thought. It must be another person. Not invulnerable Dylan.
   He knelt down next to the crumpled figure. Spotting a whistle, he clumsily blew the familiar notes he had heard come the various crew and, occasionally, Bovril. It would take some time for a doctor to find them, Alek reckoned, and Dylan might need fast attention.
    Alek pushed his panic back. He had to. For Dylan. Ok, he thought. What is the most pressing problem? Well that was easy. Any wounds. A quick check over the showing skin revealed nothing, and most of the…blood…was coming from under the shirt. He steeled himself for any gore, and peeling back the shirt. But there was already a bandage around his chest. Alek frowned. He didn’t think that Dylan had any earlier injuries to speak of. Studying the wrappings more closely, he noticed that there was a strange curve to them, an almost feminine touch. And now he realized that the rest of the body was oddly curvy too. Not like a boy’s at all. More like…oh no.
   Bovril scampered up to Alek’s shoulder. “Mr. Sharp,” he said with a giggling sound.

*                            *                            *

Alek sat despondently in the bare seat next to Dylan's bed, or whatever his-or her- name was. He had been the only person to stay with his best friend all through the night in the sick bay. Dr. Barlow and Volger had occasionally popped in, but never for very long, and Nerkirk had work to do. For the umpteenth time, Alek scanned his friend's body, the revealing curves, the small bullet wound in the stomach from the German attack, hoping that he had imagined the...curves that didn't belong on Dylan's body. But they were still there.
Suddenly Dylan's eyes fluttered. "Barking spiders! Its cold!" he or she shrieked, voice an octave higher than usual. Unfocused eyes hazily took in Alek, sitting stunned by the bed. "G'mornin'" came the slurred greeting. "Whatcha staring' at?"
Sighing, Alek said, "You." Finally noticing the open shirt, Dylan gasped. Scrambling franticly for something to cover up, she finally selected the thin sheets on the next bed over, and clutched them to her chest.
“It’s too late,” he said in a resigned tone. “Everyone has seen.”
Her eyes widened. “Everyone?” she looked down at her cursed chest. The unwanted proof.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Alek said with barely suppressed tension.
“I tried, I really did, but the stupid Germans always barged in, or you said the wrong thing, and then Lilith-“
Alek cut her off. “Don’t bring Lilith into this,” he said abruptly.
“Right, so, don’t be mad at me! Please!” she was getting stressed now, that much was clear from her raising tones.
“Shhhhh! They might here.” Alek warned under his breath. “And…I’m not mad.”
“Thank you.”
An awkward silence followed.
“So……..” she was cut off by Alek pitching forward and kissing her on the cheek. He quickly scrambled out of the room, leaving a stunned girl sitting in silence, trying to comprehend what just happened. “Barking spiders,” she muttered.

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

STABIMUS FEROCIORIS We will stand defiant.
the JUNIOR MINTS will get you in your sleep (Gone MG reference!)
FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
People say psycho like it's a bad thing

Vanilla Ice cream

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »

Wow!! That is amazing!! good job!!
Its alright that you don't like valentines day.  This is more for the fanfiction!!

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »

I'm making more of my fanfic, but it's totally off topic and kinda of semi-romantic stuff
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

Vanilla Ice cream

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »

I don't mind! Its really good! :)

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »

I think I'll put the rest of my fanfic on my topic.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

Vanilla Ice cream

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »

ok whats it called?

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »

It's under the creative and original title of Fanfic It's on the second page now :( It's used to be on page 1
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

Vanilla Ice cream

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »

ok I'll read it!!

Sprocket

• They are void, we are NULL.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 03:48:53 AM »

Deryn walked down the dimly lit catwalk twords Volgers room. She was loaded down with his afternoon tea he had demanded earlier that morning. She had just approached his stateroom and was about to give a knock when she heard a soft moaning sound from inside. She nearly dropped her tea tray as a loud moan penetrated the door. She stood at the closed door and listened to various moans for a half hour before she heard small steps coming twords the other side of the door. Quickly, she ducked around the corner and slid behind a few crates that were scattered about. As she peered over the crates she saw the Boffin slip out of Volgers room and down to walkway. Deryn let out a slight giggle before finally delivering the tea to the count.
When war is declared, Truth is the first casualty. -Arthur Ponsonby

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »

::) :D
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

Vanilla Ice cream

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »

;D :D ;)

FleaBird6

• DNA
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 12:09:26 PM »

Nice story!

I was thinking that on another topic, people commented on how Newkirk does'nt get enough love. So he will get some here...

Nerkirk knew he was a lost cause.  His mum had been trying to set him up forever, but he couldn't stand them. The giggling bum-rags, as Dylan- No, Deryn, would call them. 

Deryn had told him, and Newkirk liked her, but he relized they could never be more than friends, because of that Arch-duke. In fact, that was the whole reason why Dy-Deryn had told him. To get advice. On how to tell Alek. And now it was a week before Valentine's Day, and he knew no one would send him a valentine. Just his luck.

Suprisingly, just then, Dy-no Deryn. Can't you do anything right, Newkirk? It is Deryn! Deryn! Not Dylan!- walked in, wearing a pained expresion.  He wondered what in the name of monkey ludite would cause Deryn to feel pain.  He soon found out.

"Newkirk, I need you help again."

"Is it about Alek?" It always was. Never had Deryn helped him either.

"No. It is about my cousin, she is about your age.  She, well, she...-"

Newkirk felt his curiosity spike. "What does she need?"

Wearing a even more pained expression, Deryn finally spoke again. "She needs a barking valentine.  Her older brothers, my real cousins, love her so much, they scared all the boys in town away from her.  Me too, come to think of it. I didn't mind, of course.  Less bum-rags with their clart following me around." She chuckled sadly.  "She cares though. I know you are a decent lad, since you helped me so much in the past. I relize I have never said thank you, so thank you.  Can you please help me?"

Newkirk felt dumfounded.  Deryn thought he was nice? He thought quickly, and finnally, he thought to ask, "What is she like?"

"She is the kindest lass, and no dummkoft."

"Of course I'll write her. In fact, right away!"

Deryn smiled. "I knew you were the right lad! You asked about her...

To be continued?
Hello, and how is your day today?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21