Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: *IN HONOR OF VALENTINES DAY*  (Read 14363 times)

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
Re: *IN HONOR OF VALENTINES DAY*
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 03:41:01 AM »

I can only think of two stories where Alek dies off the top of my head.

"Have you never thought of walking Tazza yourself?"

Dr. Barlow's eyes widened a bit. "What an odd suggestion."

"Mighty unsavory," her loris said.

Vanilla Ice cream

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 03:44:40 AM »

Thats awful!! The whole plot, is like, ruined!!!

ArtfullyInsane

• Who cares? Just jam out.
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »

XD!!!
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

STABIMUS FEROCIORIS We will stand defiant.
the JUNIOR MINTS will get you in your sleep (Gone MG reference!)
FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
People say psycho like it's a bad thing

leviathanseries

• Hi! :D
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »

I can't think of any!

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »

if there are, i'm going to read them.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

myst47

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »

This is my own story. Note--- this is a very quick write!!!

"Aleksander?"

Alek's head flew from the pillow. A lizard had crawled onto his shoulder and screamed the message into his ear.

"Meet me in the Egg Observatory. We need to talk. Lilit."

Alek wondered why she would want to talk to him and not Dylan. He knew more on the eggs than Alek did and Lilit liked Dylan. A lot.

"Fine. End message." He said, shooing away the small animal. It ran up the wall and climbed into a hole, disappearing from Alek's sight. Alek shook his head and sat up. Dylan was sleeping in a bed across the room, his blond hair messy from tossing and turning all night. Alek felt pain in his chest and forced himself to ignore it. He wondered why that happened every time he saw him. Did Alek feel sorry for his friend? If he did, than why? He forced the thought away as he got dressed. Dylan muttered something and Alek spun around. His friend was still asleep. He'd heard outbursts from Dylan before and every time he caught a word, he'd wonder what it meant. The word Alek hadn't been able to place was "love". He'd wondered if Dylan had a girl he liked back home. He'd imagined him with a girl who's eyes shined whenever he spoke and giggled whenever he said something funny. He'd dreamed of Dylan kissing Lilit and speaking sweetly to her. He shuddered on the idea of that particular dream. He'd had many more dreams of Dylan, but that one seemed to bother him the most... And he didn't know why.   He looked away from Dylan and finished getting dressed. When Dylan had grabbed his sword and reached the door of their room, he looked at Dylan one last time. He stood there for a second, wondering what his friend was thinking in that jumbled-up mind of his.

~

Alek walked up to the door of the Egg observatory. He knocked on the door and waited. Nobody answered. He knocked again and waited. As Alek was about to knock a third time, he was pulled back. A hand covered his mouth from screaming. The person dragging him back opened the door to a closet and threw him inside. The person shut the door behind them and faced him. Lilit had her hands on her hips, her face wearing an upset expression.

"You're five minutes late."

Alek rolled my eyes and shrugged. He wasn’t going to listen to her if this was another lecture about the eggs.

"What do you want to talk to me about, Lilit?"

Her angry look faded, a worried one replacing it.

“I want to talk to you about Dylan.”

Alek looked up, suddenly interested. He didn’t think Dylan was a stupid subject. He told her to keep talking.

“There’s something you don’t know.’ Lilit said.

“Well, get on with it.” Alek said. “What?”

“I was eavesdropping on the others. They knew something that I wasn’t ready to hear...”

“Get on with it!” Alek said louder than he meant to.

“Dylan... Dylan isn’t a boy.” She said, whispering the last part too softly for  Alek to hear.

“What? I didn’t catch the last...”

“Dylan is a girl!” Lilit screamed, covering her mouth after she said it. She put her ear up to the door and made sure no one had heard her. She sighed and repeated it, but Alek hadn’t heard it. Dylan... was a girl? How was that possible? He felt like his heart had stopped. His mind raced trying to match the pieces of the puzzle together.

“But... you kissed Dylan!” he said, trying to disprove her comment.

“I didn’t know that Dylan was a girl then.” Lilit sat next to him and leaned back on the shelves holding food and such.

“If you want to know,” She said, “I found out what Dylan’s real name is. Deryn Sharp. She didn’t want to be a proper young lady back home, so she convinced her brother to help her get into the army. She came aboard the Leviathan by accident. If the ship hadn’t come in time, she would have fallen from the beasty she was riding and died. It wasn’t her fault. The beasty had gotten scared and tried to get rid of her.” She paused and then asked if he was listening.

“I’m listening... it’s just...” He stopped. His heart was tearing in two. “I have to see her.”

He ran out of the closet and back to their room. It seemed like the world was moving in slow motion and he couldn’t move fast enough. He thought that it couldn’t possibly have been true. His best friend was not a girl. He opened the door and sneaked inside. Dylan was still sleeping. He walked over to him and turned him upwards. He studied Dylan’s face. He noticed the long eyelashes, the perfectly curved nose, and the full mouth... He jumped back, as if struck by lightning. It was true. Dylan was a girl. He remembered her real name, Deryn. He stared at her, wondering how she’d ever gotten away with the scheme. Deryn turned back onto her side and continued to sleep as memories raced through his head. He should have realized it sooner. A sharp pain clenched his heart and he tried to ignore it, but no matter what he did, he couldn’t get it to stop. What was this feeling that kept coming back? Alek pulled a pocket watch out of his coat and looked at the picture of his mother. What would she say if she were here? He studied the picture, but it didn’t seem the same. He looked at a corner of it and scratched it. The picture fell out, and with it a letter. He opened it and immediately noticed his mother’s handwriting.

“Dear Aleksander,

I know these past few months have been difficult for you. Both your parents are gone from the earth and hope seems to have vanished. But it hasn’t. Do you remember all of the stories I told you when you were younger? Princes winning the heart of the princesses and living happily ever after? Well, as you grow older, you find that finding the princess is a lot harder. It takes a lot more than calling for the princess to throw down her hair. You have to climb up the stairs and catch her heart before another prince has the chance to. You both have to adventure down them again to be able to get that happily ever after. Aleksander, what I’m saying is that you’ll have to take an adventure together to be able to reach safety in life, like your father and I. Even though I’m gone, remember to always protect the people you love and never sit and watch them suffer. Help them and love them. I hope you live a long and amazing life. I love you, Alek. Never forget that.

Your mother.”

Alek’s tears had smothered some of the writing, but he understood it all. He looked at Deryn and his heart felt the biggest charge of pain he'd ever experienced. Instead of pushing the feeling away though, he grabbed onto them and finally understood it. He knew what his feelings were, he’d just never known them too well to express them. Deryn started to say something and Alek ran to her side. She muttered only one word, but it was enough to confirm Alek’s feelings.

“Alek”

“I’m here.” He told her. Her eyes shot open and she sat up. Her eyes widened as she saw him.

“Did you hear anything, lad?” She asked. She started to push the sheets away.

“Deryn.” Alek said.

“What is..” She froze. Her eyes started tearing and she covered her mouth in shock.

“Who... Who told you?” She asked, a tear falling onto her cheek.

“Lilit.” He said blankly. His heart was pounding. How would she react?

Another tear fell from her eyes.

“I meant to tell you. I did. I just, didn’t know what you’d say... and I...” She stopped and started to breathe faster. She put a hand up to heart and kept crying.

“My heart’s pounding, lad.” She said. She wouldn’t look at Alek. “I know you’re upset at me.” She said, her tears falling onto her shirt.

“I was at first.” Alek admitted. “But I was too confused to even notice the anger. After a while, I realized that maybe you had reasons to not tell me... and I realized what they were.”

Deryn looked up at this.

“Then what were my reasons?” She asked.

Alek reached over and took her hand. His heart raced faster, her touch electrifying him.

“You didn’t want to ruin our friendship and kept quiet about your feelings so I would never get hurt.”

She nodded and wiped away her last tear.

“I’m sorry.” She said.

“I’m sorry.” Alek said. He leaned in closer. “I never told you how I felt.”

Deryn froze again.

“And what are those?” She asked.

Alek leaned in closer. He kept coming towards her until their lips met. Deryn seemed to melt after a few seconds. She put her arms around his neck and Alek put his hands on her waist. Deryn closed her eyes and breathed out. Alek did the same and felt his heart melt with hers. She pulled away and broke into a smile. Alek stared into her eyes and remembered his mother's words. The prince always found a princess, but it did indeed took a while to find and win her heart.
Smile! It's good for you! :)
~
Laughing has been scientifically proven to be healthy.

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :D
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 04:36:47 AM »

that was good!!! :D
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

myst47

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »

Smile! It's good for you! :)
~
Laughing has been scientifically proven to be healthy.

FleaBird6

• DNA
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »

Nicely poetic ending!
Hello, and how is your day today?

leviathanseries

• Hi! :D
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »

This is my own story. Note--- this is a very quick write!!!

...Amazing! I loved it! I especially loved the letter Alek's mom wrote to him. Wonderfully done! :D

Bea-la

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »

good then Edward will have no competition on the fourm.

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 08:44:45 AM »

i don't think there are any fanfic were Edward dies :'(
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

FleaBird6

• DNA
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (not you edward :D)
Hello, and how is your day today?

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »

;D
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21