Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Fanfiction  (Read 983 times)

Atom277

Fanfiction
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:34:37 AM »

Alek was sitting in his cabin watching the pacific ocean glide by through the window in his room. There hadn't been much need for him to do anything lately because ever since leaving japan the Germans haven't shown there faces. He could imagine why, losing so many areoplanes to a Darwinist airship it would make them sound weak. Even though he hadn't had much work his best friend Dylan was almost always working. After sitting in his room for a while he decided to go and walk around the ship that's when the klaxon alarm sounded... alek had no idea where to go so he headed to the port engine pod. He sprinted all the way there once he got there he was breathing hard Bauer and Hoffman were already manning the pod when he got there hirst was just sitting on the other end of the pod quietly. From the pod he could see what was attacking... It was like a large 4 propeller gyro copter it looked heavily armored it had machine guns all over the front and men scrambling to man their positions. There was hardly any way we could even fight back no way the air guns would pierce that armor. Just then he saw somebody going up on a Huxley climbing fast with what looked like an air bomb it must be Dylan because newkirk was standing at the winch alek watch as the Huxley slowly glided towards the huge plane thing. Once over the propeller the bomb fell exploding on the blade forcing the plane down but then a piece of flying shrapnel flew up making the Huxley explode and sending Dylan flying from the harness he fell and hit the water heavily sending water flying into the sky. Alek didn't know what to do... He did the only thing he could think he jumped off the engine pod diving into the water. Alek hit the freezing cold water hard knocking the air out of his lungs.  Through the darkness he saw Dylan's limp body floating above the water as he swam towards him an alarm rang out on the ship and the spotlights flicked to the water just then  Dylan's body sank below the water alek dived in after him  he swam as fast and as hard as he could finally reaching Dylan he dragged him up to the surface where search lights were skimming the water. He waved his free arm frantically trying to get their attention finally after what seemed like hours (really just a minute or two) the search light latched onto the two of them and  as a basket lowered from the gondola alek swam closer to it holding Dylan above the water when he reached it he brought both of them in and the basket started to rise again. Once above the water Dylan started to cough and then his eyes blinked open. 

"alek what are you doing here" she asked
       "you fell off your Huxley I dived in to save you" he responded
" why did you come you could have gotten killed" she responded
     "I wouldn't let my best friend die" he said
"really I'm your best friend" she asked
       " of course"he responded
Once aboard the leviathan she didn't want to go to the doctor instead she said she needed to sleep.
 Once in the room she walked up to alek and kissed him on the lips once gently
"what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" shouted alek as he ran out of the room.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:27:20 PM by Atom277 »

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
Re: Fanfiction
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »

YOu switched from third person to first person POV... it's sort of hard to follow.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Atom277

Re: Fanfiction
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:56:16 AM »

Alek was sitting in his cabin watching the pacific ocean glide by through the window in his room. There hadn't been much need for him to do anything lately because ever since leaving japan the Germans haven't shown there faces. He could imagine why, losing so many areoplanes to a Darwinist airship it would make them sound weak. Even though he hadn't had much work his best friend Dylan was almost always working. After sitting in his room for a while he decided to go and walk around the ship that's when the klaxon alarm sounded... alek had no idea where to go so he headed to the port engine pod. He sprinted all the way there once he got there he was breathing hard Bauer and Hoffman were already manning the pod when he got there hirst was just sitting on the other end of the pod quietly. From the pod he could see what was attacking... It was like a large 4 propeller gyro copter it looked heavily armored it had machine guns all over the front and men scrambling to man their positions. There was hardly any way we could even fight back no way the air guns would pierce that armor. Just then he saw somebody going up on a Huxley climbing fast with what looked like an air bomb it must be Dylan because newkirk was standing at the winch alek watch as the Huxley slowly glided towards the huge plane thing. Once over the propeller the bomb fell exploding on the blade forcing the plane down but then a piece of flying shrapnel flew up making the Huxley explode and sending Dylan flying from the harness he fell and hit the water heavily sending water flying into the sky. Alek didn't know what to do... He did the only thing he could think he jumped off the engine pod diving into the water. Alek hit the freezing cold water hard knocking the air out of his lungs.  Through the darkness he saw Dylan's limp body floating above the water as he swam towards him an alarm rang out on the ship and the spotlights flicked to the water just then  Dylan's body sank below the water alek dived in after him  he swam as fast and as hard as he could finally reaching Dylan he dragged him up to the surface where search lights were skimming the water. He waved his free arm frantically trying to get their attention finally after what seemed like hours (really just a minute or two) the search light latched onto the two of them and  as a basket lowered from the gondola alek swam closer to it holding Dylan above the water when he reached it he brought both of them in and the basket started to rise again. Once above the water Dylan started to cough and then his eyes blinked open. 

"alek what are you doing here" she asked
       "you fell off your Huxley I dived in to save you" he responded
" why did you come you could have gotten killed" she responded
     "I wouldn't let my best friend die" he said
"really I'm your best friend" she asked
       " of course"he responded
Once aboard the leviathan she didn't want to go to the doctor instead she said she needed to sleep.
 Once in the room she walked up to alek and kissed him on the lips once gently
"what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" shouted alek as he ran out of the room.