Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A place to post your dream "uglies" cast  (Read 5301 times)

Shax

A place to post your dream "uglies" cast
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »

I think Emily browning would be perfect for tally

DarkPlaces

Re: A place to post your dream "uglies" cast
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »

I think she has the right look but maybe she is a little old to play Tally now. she is 23 or something this year. I would like to see an unknown in the leads as Tally Shay David etc. the uglies, then see more recognisable faces for someone like Zane.

So the cast resembles the ugly/pretty theme that is in the books.

Assuming there will be an Uglies movie, :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:19:34 PM by DarkPlaces »

Shax

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 08:28:36 AM »

yeah i agree  :)

bizarronivla12

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »

Mel Haskins (look up ginnypottermusictv YOUTUBE)-Tally Youngblood
Tessa Violet (Meekakitty)-Shay
Jamie Campbell-Bower-Peris
Rachel Weisz-Dr. Cable
Max Thierot-David

**shrugs**

bizarronivla12

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:47:04 PM »

Before anyone starts tripping I just want to say that most 15-17 year olds I know look alot older than they are. For instance I have relatives who are 13 and can pass for 18. I know a guy who is 14 and is 6'1.

kay-wathesmokelives

• Sweet nightingale....
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:59:49 AM »

I think Alyson Ashley Arm should be Tally... She's young, and there aren't too many young actresses anymore.
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you.

"Have you not met Will Turner? He's noble, heroic- terrific soprano." Captain Jack Sparrow

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »

If they wanted to stay completely true to the books, a different actor should play Tally in each movie. But, people like a familiar face, so they wouldn't do that.  :P
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

Jolie-wa

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:06:07 AM »

I think they should find a cast that is completely unknown people, it would make it more interesting I think, but that's just my opinion...  ::)

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »

Everyone pretty much agrees with you on that. But I think Cable should be someone well-known.
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

Jolie-wa

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »

I think Angelina Jolie should play her

kay-wathesmokelives

• Sweet nightingale....
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

Angelina Jolie is too young.
They need someone old, and strict.
I think Maggie Smith would be good, but she has such a grandmotherly face. And an accent.
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you.

"Have you not met Will Turner? He's noble, heroic- terrific soprano." Captain Jack Sparrow

Jolie-wa

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 01:15:34 PM »

Angelina Jolie is too young.
They need someone old, and strict.
I think Maggie Smith would be good, but she has such a grandmotherly face. And an accent.

Very true, very true...

bizarronivla12

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 03:11:01 PM »

May I please have a response to my suggestion??? Am I: 1) lousy at casting 2) ok effort...but NO! 3) Agreeable 4) Good call on the suggestions, you the man.

Don't leave me in suspense forum.

DarkPlaces

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »

I never imagined Dr Cable old. I imagined her youngish because she was Special and had surgery etc.
I must agree with casting 'unknown' actors BUT they have to be able to act! I do not want a number one fan type girl playing Shay when she cannot act to save her life. A natural talent who has had little/no experience would be awesome for all the 'ugly' characters then a more recognisable face for someone like Zane. As for 13 being the new 17, no offence to any 13 year olds out there but they are not usually the most reliable I would hate them to have to find a new Tally for the second movie because the 13 year old girl decided she doesn't want to act anymore etc. I would rather them cast a 15-20 year old that looks 16. Thats just what i think anyway hehe :)

bizarronivla12

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 09:12:55 AM »

I never imagined Dr Cable old. I imagined her youngish because she was Special and had surgery etc.
I must agree with casting 'unknown' actors BUT they have to be able to act! I do not want a number one fan type girl playing Shay when she cannot act to save her life. A natural talent who has had little/no experience would be awesome for all the 'ugly' characters then a more recognisable face for someone like Zane. As for 13 being the new 17, no offence to any 13 year olds out there but they are not usually the most reliable I would hate them to have to find a new Tally for the second movie because the 13 year old girl decided she doesn't want to act anymore etc. I would rather them cast a 15-20 year old that looks 16. Thats just what i think anyway hehe :)
thanks Dark, bout time someone commented. I'm in agreement with you all the way.
Pages: [1] 2