Zane
- 22 (36.1%)
David
- 30 (49.2%)
Dr Cable hehe
- 9 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: David VS Zane ?  (Read 23573 times)

zack-attack

• TACO MAN!
Re: David VS Zane ?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »

oh actually i didnt think about tally being better off alone. i think David and Zane played a HUGE part in how tally is now. with both their help she became less of the monster she was turning into

I agree with that too.  But once she got to the point of being saved, I saw her more independent and able to stand on her own two feet.
yeah but dont you ever think of what might have happened if she hadnt met David? what if she just got to the smoke and did what dr. cable asked her to? to infiltrate the smoke and give up the location? then she would have become a pretty and maybe she wouldnt have been liked by everyone.
the life worth living is the the life unlived.
~westerforums official bass player~

Ash-la

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »

oh actually i didnt think about tally being better off alone. i think David and Zane played a HUGE part in how tally is now. with both their help she became less of the monster she was turning into

I agree with that too.  But once she got to the point of being saved, I saw her more independent and able to stand on her own two feet.
yeah but dont you ever think of what might have happened if she hadnt met David? what if she just got to the smoke and did what dr. cable asked her to? to infiltrate the smoke and give up the location? then she would have become a pretty and maybe she wouldnt have been liked by everyone.

Of course she wouldn't be liked by everyone because she wouldn't become the hero she was destined to be.

Shayshay123

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 11:42:32 AM »

Davids nice and everything, but I'm going Zane all the way.

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 11:43:03 AM »

yay i prefer zane too
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Katie-la

• Living is my life... Uglies is my obssesion.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 01:18:49 PM »

I say Zane for sure. David's a good kid but i felt he tried too hard to make Tally what he wanted her to be, while Zane was able to be with Tally and yet enjoy the things in life she also enjoys; things David wouldn't understand.
MOOGLES!!! :D

bookreader

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 01:36:50 AM »

Of course david is a kid,but i still like david . people should like wild boys, and girls

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »

zane was quite wild i think, he wanted to be and it was what made him different- david was only different because of where he was born and raised

Ash-la

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »

zane was quite wild i think, he wanted to be and it was what made him different- david was only different because of where he was born and raised

But that was the appeal of David.

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »

David was a bit too serious, he was always going to be different but that wasnt his choice or his personality- that was because of how he had been all his life but Zane was exciting and was different because he wanted to be and it was part of his personality

Tabac vie

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 07:04:59 AM »

David vs Zane is like the dead husband question. If your husband dies and then you get remarried which one would you have chosen if the first husband was alive. Both David and Zane where right for Tally at the time and place they were in.  You can't really say which one she would of ended up with because we can't really know, only guess.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

Ash-la

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 10:45:37 AM »

David vs Zane is like the dead husband question. If your husband dies and then you get remarried which one would you have chosen if the first husband was alive. Both David and Zane where right for Tally at the time and place they were in.  You can't really say which one she would of ended up with because we can't really know, only guess.

Well put.

Emma-la

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 07:55:55 AM »

David. He always said Tally was beautiful when she was an ugly. He is sooooooo sweet. Zane just never seemed like the right guy for Tally. David was sentimental. I have nothing against Zane, but I've always liked David better. I cried SO hard when Zane died!!!:(
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 08:02:59 AM »

well acctualy I always thought I liked David more but after re-reading Uglies (again) I found myself realy angry at the way he just writes off Shay as nothing more then a stupid kid. I had read the one essay in mind rain that makes refrence to it but I though the author was just exaturating, he (or she I don't remeber) wasn't he' acctualy a bit of a jerk. so as soon as I find Pretties and read it again I'll have to decide if I like Zane better... right now I don't realy like either of them.

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 08:40:12 AM »

i liked david but not as much as zane and that makes sense jimmy, while he was nice to tally, that was kind of mean how he thought of shay
also, everyone says that it was so sweet that david loved tally as an ugly but zane didnt know her as an ugly so that wasnt his fault, and david was only used to seeing ugly faces he hadnt seen pretties so he wouldnt really have thought of tally as ugly because she looked like what all of the people he saw were like

Emma-la

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »

I agree.  You made a good point there, Jimmy. But if I had to choose, I still say David, he always appealed to me more.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24