Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Oil Bug Is Real  (Read 2641 times)

Bea-la

Re: The Oil Bug Is Real
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »

Indeed it could... but then again, the earth is just as capable of wiping us out too.

KingOfSpades

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »

Actually, at this point we're approaching the level of power where we could, in fact, destroy the entire planet.  Not just life on it, the whole thing.  I can't imagine the nations of the world pooling their resources to blow up the world, though.
Thirteen Knives and Cyanide

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »

I doubt it. I mean, we could majorly screw it up, I'm sure. But I don't think we could totally obliterate it.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

KingOfSpades

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »

You cause a big enough explosion deep enough down and the shockwaves could actually cause the planet to fall apart.  We don't have the technology now, but we're getting pretty close.

Still, when most people say "save the Earth" they typically don't mean the dirt and rocks.
Thirteen Knives and Cyanide

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »

It's all important. The dirt is sort of vital.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Cora-la

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »

I agree our earth is in huge troubel. We need to get off oil before we hit the peack of it's use. Which I think we may have already hit consdring the pirce of oli right now although I guss it's also part of all the conflict that going on in the middle east.  But the sooner we can get of oil the better. The longer we use the harder it will be to stop useing it. It's like a drug.

haley-wa

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 05:24:39 AM »

yeah the enviroment scares me im into like becky bones just because it's creepy
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.
Pages: 1 [2]