Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2635 times)

Kima-chan

Hi
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »

I'm new (what a surprise). Just call me Kima.  :)

At first I bought Leviathan, because we had to read a book in our English lessons and write a reading log about it. But then we got another teacher, who decided not to do this, so I read it just for fun. I liked it a lot and since my English teacher always tells us to read books in English and to watch movies in English ("Your English will never get better, if you don't listen to people, who actually speak it as their mother tongue!") I read Behemoth in English, too. Well, maybe it was just because Behemoth isn't out in Germany yet and I just couldn't wait.
The only part that disturbs me about Behemoth is that there are so many German sentences which are just wrong. But otherwise I really really like the book.

I later found out, that I had 2 parts of Midnighters in my bookshelf. (Shame on me, I didn't noticed them until I looked up, what other books the author wrote.)

~Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut, das Wesentliche ist für die Augen unsichtbar.~
"This seems pretty dangerous" *nod* "And we could get in serious trouble" *nod* "Hmm...Alright, let's do this." *franatic nod*

Clankinist

• I merely chewed in self-defense
    • Yay!! Teh Clanks art!!:D
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »

Woo!!! Newbie!!!

Welcome! So cool that you're from Germany! Half my family's from there, but Im American born and raised, so the only German interaction I really get is my dads rough knowledge and the foreign exchange students.  ;D

I wasnt sure I wanted to read Leviathan (Not really my genre of dragons and magic) but I fell all over them too.

Anyway, Welcome again! Hope we make you feel that way! :)

Echo :)

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm echo , welcome to the forum! I haven't read leviathan yet.... But I read the Uglies series and that's what brought me to the forum :) anyway.... WELCOME :) I have a friend who lives in Germany....
“He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face.” ~CoFA

Kieya

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »

Hello Newbie hope you enjoy the forum!!

Kima-chan

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 12:18:28 AM »

Thank you everyone! :)
~Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut, das Wesentliche ist für die Augen unsichtbar.~
"This seems pretty dangerous" *nod* "And we could get in serious trouble" *nod* "Hmm...Alright, let's do this." *franatic nod*

MacK

• Who am I?
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 12:54:35 AM »

WELCOME IMMA FROM USA
MAY THE FOLLOWING REST IN PEACE!!
Levithan RP
NEW LEVIATHAN RP
Full Moon High (original)

Robin Williams

Kieya

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 01:00:04 AM »

Welcomes im from the UK <3

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 03:38:33 AM »

Welcome hope you like it here!
Westerforum Resident Multi-Genre Music Lover

Kieya

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »

Shes not dumb!!

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »

Welcome!
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

Kima-chan

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 05:55:48 PM »

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »

Woo!!! Newbie!!!

Welcome! So cool that you're from Germany! Half my family's from there, but Im American born and raised, so the only German interaction I really get is my dads rough knowledge and the foreign exchange students.  ;D

I wasnt sure I wanted to read Leviathan (Not really my genre of dragons and magic) but I fell all over them too.

Anyway, Welcome again! Hope we make you feel that way! :)

Same here. My Dad's half-german.
I'm new (what a surprise). Just call me Kima.  :)

At first I bought Leviathan, because we had to read a book in our English lessons and write a reading log about it. But then we got another teacher, who decided not to do this, so I read it just for fun. I liked it a lot and since my English teacher always tells us to read books in English and to watch movies in English ("Your English will never get better, if you don't listen to people, who actually speak it as their mother tongue!") I read Behemoth in English, too. Well, maybe it was just because Behemoth isn't out in Germany yet and I just couldn't wait.
The only part that disturbs me about Behemoth is that there are so many German sentences which are just wrong. But otherwise I really really like the book.

I later found out, that I had 2 parts of Midnighters in my bookshelf. (Shame on me, I didn't noticed them until I looked up, what other books the author wrote.)

WELCOME KIMA! HOPE YOU LIKE IT HERE!

"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

Kieya

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:40:47 AM »

Yep yep <3

Lotta fun here

FleaBird6

• DNA
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello, and how is your day today?

Kieya

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 03:58:46 AM »

Hey hi!!! Welcome newbie!! But if you wanna start saying hi start a new topic but other than that HI!!
Pages: [1] 2