Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Books :)  (Read 1055 times)

Sultan Osman I

• The unofficial randomosity generator for the forum
Books :)
« on: May 25, 2011, 07:51:14 AM »

okay, this is a book writen by WILL HILL and i honestly must say... i <3 vamps. and not the sparkly kind. the stake-through-the-heart-drink-your-blood-cause-their-jerks, kind :D it's about a 16guy whose mom gets kidnapped and then join D19 with is a clandestine vamp fighting part of the British gov't. IT'S BLOODY AWESOME! also, rathergory, but not graphic. much. anyways, check it out along with hold me closer necromancer, about which i will shoot you if you say a bad word about it >XD so GO TO CHAPTERS! BUY THOSE BOOKS! THAT'S AN ODER SOLDIER! GO GO GO!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:39:44 AM by Sultan Osman I »
DIE IN THE NAME OF PIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to read so much I learned to write. - me

Shax

Re: Books :)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »

then you should read blood line by kate cary

Synopsis
Thirty-five years have passed since the death of the Master. But now a new evil walks among the living. . . .
When nineteen-year-old John Shaw returns from the trenches of World War I, he is haunted by nightmares--not only of the battlefield, but of the strange, cruel and impossible feats of his regiment's commander, Quincey Harker. Harker's ferocity knows no limits, and his strength is superhuman.
At first John blames his bloody nightmares on trench fever. But when Harker appears in England and begins wooing John's sister, John must confront the truth--and stop Harker from continuing Dracula's bloodline.
About the Author: Kate Cary lives in Scotland.
Timothy Capehart - VOYA
In 1916, Englishman John Shaw is stationed on the front lines of World War I. There is something strange but fascinating about his commanding officer Quincey Harker. After being wounded, John is sent home with fever raging. Mary Seward nurses him back to health and befriends his sister, Lily. Harker, however, arrives and seduces Lily before Mary and John discover that Harker is descended from Dracula, the fiend whom Mary's father helped to destroy years ago. Mary and John set out for Romania following Harker and Lily, hoping to catch them before they wed. In the dark, crumbling Castle Dracula, John and Lily discover horrible secrets about their lineage, and Harker wrestles with his father's sinister plan to reassert the family's control over the countryside. Reverses beset them all, and Mary finally must fight her way alone out of a castle full of vampires. Told in journal entries and letters like Stoker's Dracula, to which this book is a direct sequel, Cary's gothic romance starts slowly. Bloody scenes of war and slightly spooky incidents involving Harker on the battlefront give way to some marginally soppy romance moments before the action finally kicks in. Mary, Lily, John, and Harker share the telling of their story with little differentiation among their voices but a lot of fevered recording of events after catastrophic things have occurred. John Shaw's 180-degree character shift near the novel's end is wholly unbelievable. Those who have read Stoker's book and enjoyed it might find this one interesting. Teens will likely think that Alan Moore handled Stoker's Mina better in his League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (America's Best Comics, 2003), and Elaine Bergstrom's Mina (Ace, 1994),although only for older teens, is a better sequel. VOYA CODES: 3Q 2P S (Readable without serious defects; For the YA with a special interest in the subject; Senior High, defined as grades 10 to 12). 2005, Razorbill/Penguin Putnam, 336p., Ages 15 to 18.

Its awesome!

Shax

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »

its not the sparkly kind ;)

Sultan Osman I

• The unofficial randomosity generator for the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 01:23:37 AM »

ooooh :) i'll look into it, thanks :) we should make this a book recommendation club XD
DIE IN THE NAME OF PIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to read so much I learned to write. - me