Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: I need your help!  (Read 37 times)

Emma-la

• The Naked Blogger
I need your help!
« on: April 25, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »

So as some of you may or may not know, I love theater. It's my passion in life, all I want is to be up on stage performing. However, that would be a really stupid career choice because I a) have no technical training whatsoever and b) most actors more talented than me still don't make it.

And yet still, there's something in the back of my mind telling me I can't be truly happy without making this my life's work. It can't just be a hobby. Otherwise, I'm just surviving, not really living.

I'm at the point where if I want to go to school for it, I should probably decide. I also need to think about getting some technical training if it's really what I want to do.

What I'm asking you guys is for opinions to help me decide if it really is as terrible an idea as I seem to think (nomatter how much I want it). Please don't hold back, I need honesty because I'm so torn right now.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

• fight me
Re: I need your help!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:32:45 PM »

Well if there's anything I've learned from my college choosing experience, you have a lot of options. Maybe audition for art schools and program but steal apply for other things as well. Don't think you have to limit yourself

Letthemfight!

• Mad man with a box
Re: I need your help!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:32:53 PM »

I am doing acting at school too.
I really think that you should go for this.
But keep in mind that everything must have a back up, (even the back ups)
ask teachers for advice
and if your drama teacher says go for it, it is usally a big incentive to go for it

Other wise don't listen to me I am talking crazy
But yes I would say: You do have a lot of options, use everyone to the full, not just one.
I am a whovian locker that spends his spare time using his crystal gem to save the world from the mysterious creatures from the depths of the delta quadrant, all of this whilst wearing a mystery shack bumper sticker across my mouth. If you have a problem with this, take it up with my manager, Yoda