Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Tally-wa, Zane-la  (Read 4140 times)

Crim Kim-La

Tally-wa, Zane-la
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »

I've always wondered about why Scott uses "wa" and "la". Is it just a Pretty thing, kind of cute sounding?
I've seen some people with wa or la in their usernames too, did you choose whichever sounded best?
What would be better here, Kimmi-la or Kimmi-wa? :)
"NO FEARS AND NO REGRETS."

Skylar-Wa

• Rumor has it that I'm awesome.
Re: Tally-wa, Zane-la
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »

well in the Bogus to Bubbly guide it says the guidlines for the names and stuff
you add -wa if you have a L in your name and you add -la if you dont have a L in your name
so yours would be Kimmi-la and mine is Maddie-la
((i know my username is Sky-wa but thats because its short for Skylar and that has a L so yea))
Hi Ping-la!
Forget Twilight GO Uglies!
ICY TREE CLUB MEMBER!
  Imagination is > knowledge ~Einstein
Hey check out my story! ---> http://www.wattpad.com/user/maddoggie: Wish I may Wish I might :D

Erin-la

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:22:31 AM »

Yeah, thats right, but sometimes you have to think about it, but once you say someones name with -la or -wa u get used to it ;)
What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.
  -Uglies

"Barking spiders!"
-Leviathan

"Maybe this was how you stayed sane in wartime: a handful of noble deeds amid the chaos. "
-Leviathan

"Cure for writer's block: blow something up(in the story)"
- Scott Westerfeld

Lizzeh-wa

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 05:56:44 AM »

The -la and -wa rules are wierd tho, because some names that dont have L still sound good with -wa and things that end in the soft A sound wierd with either.
I like to do wierd stuff to my friends names, sort of like the -la and -wa thing (only with Y and soft A), because its cute and makes them sound better.  Rachel = Rachie, Jennifer = Jenny, Victoria = Vikki, Sara = Saywa.
ALWAYS <3

haley-wa

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 05:22:46 AM »

i like kimmi-la
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Alicia-wa

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 01:07:58 PM »

In Bogus to Bubbly it States, "New pretties use the suffixes '-wa' and '-la' only to address someone they are very familiar with, sort of like tu instead of vous in French."

In French, vous is used to someone who is older than you, an authority figure, teacher, etc.... it is a sign of respect. Tu is used for your close friends, those younger than you, and when talking about things like your pets. It's the same concept as the book says.
Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, and live by love though the stars walk backward.

Skylar-Wa

• Rumor has it that I'm awesome.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 07:28:10 AM »

In Bogus to Bubbly it States, "New pretties use the suffixes '-wa' and '-la' only to address someone they are very familiar with, sort of like tu instead of vous in French."

In French, vous is used to someone who is older than you, an authority figure, teacher, etc.... it is a sign of respect. Tu is used for your close friends, those younger than you, and when talking about things like your pets. It's the same concept as the book says.
thats pretty much what i said lol minus the french :P
Hi Ping-la!
Forget Twilight GO Uglies!
ICY TREE CLUB MEMBER!
  Imagination is > knowledge ~Einstein
Hey check out my story! ---> http://www.wattpad.com/user/maddoggie: Wish I may Wish I might :D