Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Darwinian/Clanker Weapon Comparison  (Read 7175 times)

Time Blitz

Re: Darwinian/Clanker Weapon Comparison
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:42 AM »

I got catch'em all!

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2013, 08:36:43 AM »

Pfft.
Thoguh speaking of that, EVERYONE THINKS THE JAPANESE WOULD FABRICATE POKEMON
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

artimousguy

• Wat up!! :)
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »

Yes we did and also $22 that is just a little overboard on a toy. :-\
When you laugh it makes my day when I'm sad, or if I'm already happy it makes my day even better so thanks.
            -Me

If you haven't noticed I have a great life

Quarter

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »

I would also like to add my little thing. First i believe that the clankers would be more likely to invest in something like an atomic bomb while the Darwinists are more likely to build a biological weapon. But you have to consider something else when considering these weapons, whether or not either or side will use one or not. For me it seems like the clankers are a little more likely to build and use something like an atom bomb as opposed to the darwinists building and using a bioweapon. Finally I would like to state the long term evolution of either technology paths. In the long run it seems like the clankers would have a larger advantage. if you look at modern war you have submarines, jets, satellites and a whole host of other weapons. the darwinists might be able to keep up in the short run but in the long run they will eventually lose in the long run. The most likely way for the darwinists to beat the clankers is if they manage to first destroy the clanker's infrastructure first. The clankers entire war machine is based around getting materials to factories and if the darwinists can destroy them the entire war machine of the clankers will be destroyed. Second they would have to divide or get some of the clankers allies out of the war. This partially happened in behemoth with the Ottoman Empire. Finally they would have to have a huge all out assault of areas close to the clankers capitals. Taking the capitals of the clanker nations will effectively end the war.

PS sorry for any spelling mistakes that I made or misinformation

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 02:30:09 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.  :)
Quarter, have you finished the series yet? Don't want to spoil anything for you is all.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 07:28:09 AM »

Well. It's pretty active, but honestly as a forum we've kind of strayed off-topic and don't really talk about Scott's books much anymore :P But you are absolutely welcome to start more conversation; a new perspective on things is always cool! :D Welcome to the forum!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Wumph

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 07:33:38 AM »

Lol, that's too bad, you know of anywhere else I can get my Leviathan fix?. Thanks for the speedy response regardless!

Time Blitz

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 10:29:58 AM »

There's some of us that still enjoy the thrill of the debate....

Although, it my time has long since passed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]