Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: LEVIATHAN!  (Read 21498 times)

Rebecca

• Twitter
LEVIATHAN!
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »

Is anyone reading it? I've just started. And I love it, not that I'm surprised at all. It is KILLING ME not to be reading it RIGHT NOW, but alas, there are these things called school and work and LIFE that keep taking away my time to READ. However, I will be spending a crapload of time on planes in the next week or so, so hopefully then....

ANYONE ELSE? (If you post spoilers, plz to put a big spoiler warning so that I won't accidentally see something, KTHXBAI!!!!)
I like cheese.

Kaye-la

Re: LEVIATHAN!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 01:25:38 PM »

Im about half way through and it is AMAZING!!! I luv it. Its way different from the stuff i normally read so it took me a couple chappies to get into it but now i cant put it down!
Me llamo es Alex y me gusta pie  :)

stormwalker313

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:14:15 AM »

this is my all time favirote book in the world i read it in 2 days i stayed up last night reading it i like the idea of the storm walker

stormwalker313

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »

i cant wait tell the secound book
Code: [Select]

Ali-wa

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »

wat exactly is this book about? it sounds kinda set really far back into history and im not big into that stuff....
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Tash-la

• Life's too damn short for if's and maybe's
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »

It's an alternate history based in 1914 at the start of the first world war. Except in this war, it is separated between the Darwinists and the Clankers. The Darwinists genetically engineer beasts and animals into vehicles and they basically take the place of weapons and machines. The Clankers build huge war machines that are (from what I understand) diesel powered. They are very much like tanks, except that the ones featured in the book walk on two to eight legs instead of roll on treads on the ground. This book is considered of the steampunk genre, but after reading it all the way through I didn't find any elements of steam =P Not that I was in any way disappointed with what I did read.
It is a wonderful book and it really captured me right into the story. And I absolutely loved the illustrations. I was really looking forward to them and it made me get through the book even faster to see the next featured illustration on the page coming up.

I highly suggest you read it if you haven't. Even if you don't like alternate history, it is a really good story and I assure you that you wont be disappointed.
Sometimes travelers turn into poets....

Ali-wa

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:24 PM »

so you don't have to really be an expert at history or understand history as much to enjoy the book? cuz I love Scott's writing I just don't want to be bored to death by history =D lol
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Tash-la

• Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 01:21:17 PM »

Believe me when I say it's not a history lesson =D (I fell asleep a few times in history class...) It's meant to be a story. And really, if you liked Uglies, then you will probably like the characters in Leviathan too.

Ali-wa

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

OMG I fell asleep so so so many times during history last year (and I was in honors world history  :-[ ) i have no clue as to why I put myself in that hard of a class when honestly I just hate history! I think I will check out that book sometime though. Need to find a new book for a book report due in a month, why not get it done early eh? lol
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Beli-wa

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »

I'm still waiting for Scott-la to come to Toronto to get it.
I want it signed!!
je sais que tu n'aimes pas ta réalité -METRIC <33

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »

Well I want to read it but we dont have it.  :'( :( ( I run off crying)  :'(
Westerforum Resident Multi-Genre Music Lover

Tash-la

• Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »

I'm still waiting for Scott-la to come to Toronto to get it.
I want it signed!!

I want mine signed too, but I wanted to have read it first, so I bought it  :D

Kaye-la

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »

as far as i know scotts compleatly skipping where i live or any where close to it. i was sad  :'(
Me llamo es Alex y me gusta pie  :)

G-la

• THE RAINBOW SAINT
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »

:'( i want that book so bad, i need a cristmas or a birthday to come and bring me the bounty of westerfields labor :'(
I shall protect you, hold you in my arms, but now, that time has gone. Alone i am. and you lie in untimely death. for me, because of me. no you shall not be forgotten, for you i shall never rest.

Tash-la

• Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 08:42:40 AM »

No way to go out and buy it? Christmas is quite a while away.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12