Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: LEVIATHAN!  (Read 34084 times)

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
Re: LEVIATHAN!
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »

Hey does anyone think movies of the books after the entire series is finished would be AWSM?

Movies would be very wicked. As long as they do it correctly and convincingly. X3 All the CGI beasties and war machines. Heeee yum yum
"Why do people say "Grow some Balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" -Betty White

Heliopteryx

• Aliens are people too!
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2010, 05:34:23 AM »

It would be col as long as they didn't try to squash all three books into one movie. 

But we'd still complain about it. 
If knowledge=power, then great knowlege=great power.

However, with great power comes great insanity, so MUAHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahahaha. . . . . . . . . . .

MikeMagpuyo

• GRRRRRRR.
    • My blog.
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2010, 06:32:04 AM »

Haha.

-THE WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT ZOMBIE-

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2010, 02:35:16 PM »

It would be col as long as they didn't try to squash all three books into one movie. 

But we'd still complain about it. 

I'd highly doubt anyone could fit all three books into one movie. There's just too much going on. It would completley wreck the story line and confuse the audience
"Why do people say "Grow some Balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" -Betty White

MikeMagpuyo

• GRRRRRRR.
    • My blog.
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2010, 12:59:47 AM »

Yeah.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »

Does anyone think that it's sort of sad that Alek thinks Deryn is 'the boy he always wanted to be'. Ouch... The boy he admires for his boyishness is... a girl.

Awkward.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Tabac vie

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2010, 12:36:29 PM »

well I think he is more refering to the freedom and easy going life that Deryn has, the way that he spent his entire life as a prince, not getting th "commoner" freedoms, this so in a way he is more saying that Deryn lives the life he wish he had. But yeah when you put it in that context it's pretty funny.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »

I lol'd when I read that part.

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »

Oh God I can't WAIT to see how Alek will react when he discovers Deryn's true identity! X3 Thats like having your favorite candy dangling above you, just out of your reach! You just can't wait to sink your teeth into it.

Will he be shocked? Surprised? or suddenly ignore her all together out of embarrassment, because she plays a boy so well (Possibly better than Alek himself  ;) ) ...or see Deryn as the unique individual she is. Who could be the ideal girl for him and also take into account what his father did in marrying a commoner.

I'm just curious to see if she'll either tell him or he'll find out on his own. Hoepfully in the 2nd book! XDXDXD

MikeMagpuyo

• GRRRRRRR.
    • My blog.
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2010, 03:25:18 AM »

haha, yeah.

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »

I have a feeling Scott's gonna drag it all the way to the third though

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »

yeah probably. But he'll put in some close calls in the 2nd book just to tease us -_- ...

Heliopteryx

• Aliens are people too!
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »

Deryn will probably try to tell him whenever she worls up the courage, but will always be interrupted.  Then, in one of the worst possible moments, it'll end up being revealed.  Alek wil feel all embarrassed and betrayed, but he will eventually realise that he's kinda overreacting. 

(disclaimer) This is all just a wild guess.  I hope it doesn't cous a Schrodinger's Cat-like dilemma for the author. 

However, with great power comes great insanity, so MUAHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahahaha. . . . . . . . . . .

MikeMagpuyo

• GRRRRRRR.
    • My blog.
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2010, 03:51:54 AM »

I think that theory will come true.

Heliopteryx

• Aliens are people too!
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2010, 05:18:12 AM »

Unless Scott Westerfeld happens to read it, and then think "OH NO! Now I'll have to change what happens!" or something. 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12