Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: LEVIATHAN!  (Read 34603 times)

Chloe-Wa

Re: LEVIATHAN!
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2009, 08:14:03 AM »

ye mayonnaise is pretty fatty but its so yum with wedges  :)  onion mayonnaise sound good
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Heliopteryx

• Aliens are people too!
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »

Mustard, garlic, relish, and ketchup may be made from plants, but meat comes from petri dishes!  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6936352.ece
If knowledge=power, then great knowlege=great power.

However, with great power comes great insanity, so MUAHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahahaha. . . . . . . . . . .

xxsamaelxx

• xXJackFrostXx @ DeviantArt.com
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »

/new fan enters room and pretends like he was here the whole time and that he knows everyone

So, I was in Barnes and Noble looking for an adequate manga fix and Craig Ferguson's book when the cover of Leviathan caught my eye. I read the synopsis and bought it. Two days later, after reading during classes and as soon as I got home, I finished it. Before then, I had never even heard of Steampunk, and since reading Leviathan, so many strange coincidences have come up. One day after reading Leviathan and learning about steampunk for the first time, I was asked to model by a photagrapher friend. What was the theme? Steampunk. In that same week, my studies shifted to the hapsburgs, and I was instructed to build a walking vehicle in tech.

Anyway, I seriously think Leviathan is movie material. I can just see the special effects! Casting would be easy and based on how you have more Twitter followers than even Megan Fox, it would definitely be a hit. As long as its not directed by the guy who directed Dragon Wars anyway...

*i hope i didnt double post...a bit laggy*

xxsamaelxx

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 12:52:33 PM »

you didn't double post ;D but i know what you mean because after reading this and researching steampunk i was so interested and saw like the coolest almost steampunk type watch on this guy and was like man that watch is fawesome now I really want a steampunk watch if ya know what i mean. Plus this era in history is like my absolute favorite and think that yea it would make great movie material as would any of Scott's books ;D

lets play "Leviathan character casting"

i can see Spencer Locke as deryn, though she might be too pretty to be a boy. She was hot in RE: Exctinction as K-Mart tho.
I have no idea who would be alec...
Miss "Its called a Thylacine" could be Jessica Alba and Sean Connery could be the Captain

xxsamaelxx

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2009, 07:26:56 AM »

I kind of see Nicole Kidman as Dr. Barlow cause of the thinness and poise if you know what i mean probably because of The Golden Compass and Australia [the way she was in those would make a good Dr. Barlow]  :-\

it would fail. nicole kidman is too well known for that kind of role and it would be seen as a golden compass rip.
Lol, i thought about Anna Sophia Robb for Deryn cuz she could pass for a boy, but I decided Spencer Locke cuz Anna is too young and just recently did another action movie and Id rather see unkown actors such as Spencer Locke doing the leads anyway

RaNdOm15

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2009, 01:28:56 AM »

Um for Alek i can see... hmm probably the person who plays Jasper in the Twilight searys (*bla cant spell today*) what do u think?!?

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »

Hi, I'm new here. I just joined the forum because I loved the Leviathan book very much. I don't read much (Not since Harry Potter), but when I came across this accidently I fell in love with it after reading it. It was a great book and I'm looking forward to reading the next one^^

The illustrations are what got me interested into buying it. Since its done by one of my favorite artists :)
"Why do people say "Grow some Balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" -Betty White

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2009, 08:20:56 AM »

Ya I love the illustrations in Leviathan keith thompson is great
have you seen his web site?
It made me super happy to find out we're from the same city

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2009, 10:43:04 AM »

I've seen his website. Its amazing. I just wish I was as good as him^^
I have one of his art books :)
"Why do people say "Grow some Balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" -Betty White

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »

The detail he adds just astounds me. In the character's clothes, creatures and in the machines is just unbelievable.

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »

It even looked better in the trailer, with everything moving

JimmyLost

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »

yay I hope they make another trailer for the second book

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »

Oh totally, fer sure  ;D

JimmyLost

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »

It's kinda similer to the Bizenghast iManga
link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3if_67ZTGIw
they way the did it not the content

CorpseVendor

• I feed my war machines
    • Dante-D DeviantART
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2009, 01:19:16 PM »

Mmmmm, I like the Leviathan one more ^^
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12