Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: OMG I JUST READ PEEPS!  (Read 10737 times)

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
Re: OMG I JUST READ PEEPS!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 04:51:22 AM »

Oh thanks Seth ;)
Westerforum Resident Multi-Genre Music Lover

Dr.Mr.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »

Peeps is so far my favorite Westerfeld book. I like how he explains everything except the guinea worms, that was really gross.

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 03:15:41 AM »

LOL I thought it was cool only now i wont eat meat lol!

Dantzlert

• Ashwater
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »

ITS AWESOME ISN'T IT?

FlowerofIce

• Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »

Ahhh! Peeps was sooo good, the storyline+the parasites made it gross and entertaining at the same time
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria, nube
But then again, at the moment they have better things to do ~Goliath

MWAH TO YOU TOO IAN ♥

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 07:08:11 AM »

Peeps are one of my top 2 favorite kinds of vamps, the other fav type is the Lamia from L.J Smith's Nightworld. She explains why they need blood. It's because their blood cells have so many extra capabilities(these give the vamps their super strength/speed, etc) but they can't carry oxygen like human blood cells can. So as they run out of human blood they have to drink more or it feels like they are slowly drowning.

**WESTERFORUM RESIDENT KING OF LOGIC**

FlowerofIce

• Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »

Peeps are one of my top 2 favorite kinds of vamps, the other fav type is the Lamia from L.J Smith's Nightworld. She explains why they need blood. It's because their blood cells have so many extra capabilities(these give the vamps their super strength/speed, etc) but they can't carry oxygen like human blood cells can. So as they run out of human blood they have to drink more or it feels like they are slowly drowning.
Though LJ Smith is a pretty good writer in Night World it's sad to say I only read her Vampire Diaries (and fell in love) and the Secret Circle and they're not that good..
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria, nube
But then again, at the moment they have better things to do ~Goliath

MWAH TO YOU TOO IAN ♥

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 09:52:06 AM »

Wait, so you don't like Vampire Diaries or Secret Circle or you like VD but not SC? VD and SC series are both REALLY hard to get into. They are boring at the start, but they get way better.

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 06:26:40 AM »

I tried to read Vampire Diaries (because I loooooove the show) but I just couldn't. The characters were all so...unlikable. Elena was a brat. Bonnie was a wimp. Stefan was unrelatable. Damon was left so unexplained (as far as motives go). Alaric was strange. The only one I liked was Meredith, and she's just now showing up in the show. And the book just lacked any humor, or even emotion.

That being said, I'm glad she wrote the books, because at least I have the TV show.

And Secret Circle...don't even get me started. Never tried to read the books, but the show...mother of God. Okay, the show has the potential to be GREAT. It's a great storyline.  But here's my problem.
1) They basically set up a problem in each episode and fix it in all of that one episode. Hardly any on-going plot points.
2) The casting is awful. The chick that plays Cassie just oozes fake to me. Adam looks like he spends half the show in the bathroom re-applying his guy-liner (well okay not really...but his eyes definitely have too much eyeliner). Also, the grandparents and parents look about 5 years older than the kids.  :P
3) All the guys fell in love with Cassie, AND FOR WHAT?!?!?! Because she's so strong? Uh, no. I don't understand why all these guys are falling at her feet when she basically does nothing.
4) The only time you see Melissa is when she's sleeping with someone, or moping over a death.

The only one I like if Faye, because she at least has an interesting personality.

But, I continue to watch the show. Even my parents watch it. We call it our "Thursday night comedy."
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »

Yes, the Secret Circle(show) is HORRIBLE. They killed Nick off!!!!!! He is supposed to be alive for I'm pretty sure the whole series(it's been a while since I read the books) and brought in a brother that doesn't exist in the books and shouldn't exist in the show(I hate the Jake persona "I'm evil now, I'm good now!"). The reason Melissa is so schizo(being a slut one second and a good girl the next) is because she took the place of FOUR characters from the books! Faye is the only charrie they haven't messed with and that is why she is the BEST! The one who plays Cassie seems fake because she should really be Diana(she even matches the description) and the one who is Diana should be Cassie(she matches book Cassie perfectly!). Adam, is horrible; they needed someone else! The books were actually REALLY good, they should have made the show exactly like books or at least kept the circle of 12 instead of 6 and kept the charries the same.

Candle458

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 06:53:58 AM »

Just finished reading Peeps going to read The Last Days but my public library cant find the book  :'(

cece la

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »

read peeps and the last days soooo good.
you either jump out and live like you want to live or you stay a normal person who doesnt stand out.... im pretty sure you know which one i am!

Candle458

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 05:05:33 AM »

Ya but y library doesn't have The Last Days  :'(

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »

Really its not worth reading

Candle458

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »

Really its not worth reading
Yay i just bought it and before i could never put down peeps and after reading a little bit of The Last Days i don't rely like it 
Pages: 1 [2] 3