Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Should there be a 5th book to the Uglies Series?  (Read 5978 times)

bpd18

Should there be a 5th book to the Uglies Series?
« on: June 30, 2011, 01:59:02 AM »

I think there should be just cuz extras didnt really explain how tallys story ended....it was more about aya than tally or any of the original characters from the first three books. I really want to see Tally be faced with a problem that makes her go back to pretty town and diego, and face Dr.Cable. but idk  i still think there should be one more book about what tallys does after going to ayas city...

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
Re: Should there be a 5th book to the Uglies Series?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 02:05:34 AM »

I wasn't a fan of Extras really - I preferred the original three. Personally I think he's at the point of diminishing returns with the Uglies series.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Reenie-La

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 02:15:48 AM »

It'd be called 'Cakes' right? xD

But if Tally was to face Dr. Cable...she wouldn't have much to face...Cable isn't Special anymore, so what would Tally have to do to overcome un-special Cable?  :-\

I like the original three too, Extras was okay...

Anna-wa

• I shouldn't of kept you waiting.. but I'm here now
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 03:16:26 AM »

As much as I'd love for there to be a 5th book, what is there left to say? What would it be about? As far as I can tell, it seems like everything's been established as far as it's gonna be at this point.

alext1009

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »

i think scott a new series that would be based on the uglies series with Aya as the main caracter and leave the original in its own trilagy.. and make extras a whole other series... cause i think more people perfer the original three togeither.. maybe following aya's story know would be a little different than tally's.. its just a thought

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:09:35 PM »

I didn't like Aya much. ... she was so self absorbed all the time. Of course, so was Tally....
I prefer the MCs in his other series better.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

bpd18

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 02:44:05 PM »

i agree the first three were better than  extras and ayas story should be another series ...but im not sure scott westerfeld  will write another book in the uglies series  :-\ i just wasnt impressed with extras

alext1009

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »

ya totally true
i agree the first three were better than  extras and ayas story should be another series ...but im not sure scott westerfeld  will write another book in the uglies series  :-\ i just wasnt impressed with extras

Bailey-wa

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »

Yeah the first 3 were the best! Scott posted a thing on a meet up page saying he was working on the Croy Project...I'm not sure if its a book or what but it has something to do with the Uglies series
"Holy heck," Amy said with a roll of her eyes. "Music from the eighties, a Japanese bunny, and a Russian guy? Did I ever tell you Im a distant descendant of the Chippewa Indians? Only thing I got out of it was a few freaky bedtime stories, a couple dream catchers and the family propensity to drink."

Kaitlyn-wa

• Hi, Ping-la!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »

Yeah the first 3 were the best! Scott posted a thing on a meet up page saying he was working on the Croy Project...I'm not sure if its a book or what but it has something to do with the Uglies series
Yayayayayaya it totally does. He says he always finishes off wight EVERY characters story and you know how Crou kinda disappeared?....well he did that on purpose and you get to find it where David's scar comes from!!!! He told everyone that on the q&a he posted on his log from the meet up thread.
TEAM ZANE & TEAM  (it's a toss up.)
READ! if you don't, I WILL FIND YOU!

Paris - Sensei

• I'm a dancer at heart :D
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »

Awesome! About all of their stories. I totally agree with all you guys, the first three were really good and Aya should have been another series. I dont thin he should write another whole book though because in Specials he kind of wrapped up Tally's story and then hes going to unwrap it? Idk... But it would be awesome
"Two words for ya, Stu - Pid!"
~Unknown

Life is like a book, Too bad I wrote in pen so I cant erase my mistakes...
~me :)

Phantom

• Veni, Vidi, Vici - Julius Ceasar
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »

If a fifth book were to be made a new antagonist and antagonist story would be required, as is in any book. since Westerfeld has already exhausted two storylines and antagonists it would be difficult
-Veteran of the Spam Wars.
Also a Casualty thereof.
There were just so many...
It was Thermopylae, 1 vs. 100,000

Leo-wa

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »

The Croy Project was the manga, telling the story from Shay's view point.

And if he were going to write a 5th book, I think it would be cool to set it on the space station mentioned in Extras. Not sure what he'd call it though.

Sydney-wa

• Cute and Harmless
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 02:45:51 AM »

Totally. Aya should have like her own series. I only have read half of extras though. It is so awesome. These are the first books i have ever really liked. LOVED. Scott if you see this, you are the BEST author. Plz make a new series with Aya. PLEASE.
-Sydney-wa
Live Life Love FOREVER. DO NOT FORGET!!! <3 the world.

FlowerofIce

• Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »

i dont think there should be another book because the manga is basically his continuation of the uglies series
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria, nube
But then again, at the moment they have better things to do ~Goliath

MWAH TO YOU TOO IAN ♥
Pages: [1] 2