Scott Westerfeld Forum

Poll

Whose best for Tally; David or Zane?

David
Zane
Other

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 147

Author Topic: David or Zane  (Read 106928 times)

Maria-la

Re: David or Zane
« Reply #1170 on: July 27, 2011, 02:07:43 AM »

I see your point.

Maybe Zane's OK. I'll just never see him as a Special. ((Tho neither shall anyone else. He's dead xD))

Fausto's still best.

Echo :)

« Reply #1171 on: July 27, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »

*screams* NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! we don't talk about Zane being dead. .... Plus he's only dead if you read all the walkthrough specials again ;)
“He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face.” ~CoFA

Maria-la

« Reply #1172 on: July 27, 2011, 02:12:23 AM »

And Specials is my favorite book so I do and he is dead  ;D

« Reply #1173 on: July 27, 2011, 02:14:34 AM »

*sticks fingers in hears* LLAALALLALALALALALALALALALALAL I. CANT HEAR YOU!!!!
“He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face.” ~CoFA

Maria-la

« Reply #1174 on: July 27, 2011, 02:15:53 AM »

Technically, sticking your fingers in your ears would do you no good. You can't hear me anyway :P

Matsudaesque-spof

• [Insert obligatory witty comment here.]
« Reply #1175 on: July 27, 2011, 02:16:37 AM »

Don't worry, I hate it when people talk about it too... but there are some deaths I hate it more when people talk about them...
I slipped, I fell, then I lost everything! My hope, my faith, in what the future brings!

« Reply #1176 on: July 27, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »

Acctually it would still serve it's purpos of me not heading you just fine ;)

Lol I flipped out and threw my book when that happened

Maria-la

« Reply #1177 on: July 27, 2011, 02:29:49 AM »

Haha!  :D

« Reply #1178 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:35 AM »

My dad made fun of me because i have a tendency to throw books when inget mad, but now I have a kindle so if i throw it it's a bit more damaging haha

Maria-la

« Reply #1179 on: July 27, 2011, 02:48:03 AM »

Ooooh, a Kindle! Is it as good as they say?

« Reply #1180 on: July 27, 2011, 02:50:17 AM »

I like it... It's cool and works well and is nice cuz when intravel now I don't have to lug around multiple books

Maria-la

« Reply #1181 on: July 27, 2011, 02:51:22 AM »

Yeah :P I'd like to get one. Dunno when tho.

« Reply #1182 on: July 27, 2011, 03:58:14 AM »

Yeah, they're cool... But my dads right, you can't throw them when you're mad ;D

shadley

« Reply #1183 on: July 27, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »

Zane's so weak. I honestly cannot imagine him chasing after rebels on a hoverboard. I cannot imagine him blowing up an armory. And I really, really, can't imagine him as a Special. Seriously. I think Scott-la planned all along for Zane to just be a minor character. Zane never really proved himself to be good enough to be a Special. Didn't Cable or Shay say he had to prove himself? He created a clique. Woo. He got brain-damaged because of a pill. Yippee.
Tally, on the other hand, was a rebel from the start. She snuck to NPT, jumped off a roof, got into the wild, faced the Specials. She hoverboarded barefoot, for Pete's sake. Tally proved herself. She found the Cure, she started the mind-rain.
All Zane did was sit back and relax, expecting the "cure" from Maddy to do everything for him. Because he always was a Pretty-lazy and vain.
But that just got him killed.
I think you are mixing being Special with being BA. Being Special is a mental thing, which Tally never really had altogether. Almost all of those things Tally did for other people, which IS being a bubblehead. Snuck into NPT-for Peris, jumped off a roof-not to get caught and Peris even gave her the idea, going through wild-for Dr. Cable, faced Specials-for the librarian dude who gave himself to help her oh and for David's approval, hoverboard barefoot-she didn't really have a choice.

Maria-la

« Reply #1184 on: July 27, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »

Bah. I give up.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 147