Scott Westerfeld Forum

Poll

Whose best for Tally; David or Zane?

David
Zane
Other

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 147

Author Topic: David or Zane  (Read 106422 times)

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
Re: David or Zane
« Reply #1545 on: December 03, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »

Ha see you wont even go find it! If you truly thought it should be him you would go find it but you wont so that obviously means david is better!
I beg to differ. Your lack of argument is obviously the reason why you forfeit and Zane wins.  :D
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

Flight girl

• Boo
« Reply #1546 on: December 03, 2011, 03:20:55 PM »

David risked a lot, he risjedvtrusting her again and helping her. And she hated him because she had besn beainwashed to hate him and like zane
*The one and only, Captain Epic!* (As decreed by 2 AGs)

The world is made of light and darkness, so are our hearts, you can't have one without the other, so I ask you, why are we scared of the dark . . . . .

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #1547 on: December 03, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »

^^Actually tally being a special means she was programmed to hate Uglies(like David) and Pretties(like Zane) but her love for Zane overpowered her programming.

**WESTERFORUM RESIDENT KING OF LOGIC**

Chloe-wa the Cutter

• Beware the Nargles! O.O
« Reply #1548 on: December 03, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »

I saw Zane, because if it weren't for him, Tally would be a bubblehead, remembering nothing. David had nothing to do with who Tally is at the end, and while I know she loved David, She hadn't been upset when she wasn't with him. Just one day in the wild without Zane and she felt lost, like a part of her was missing. David was more of a comfort. Yes, her memories of her romantic life with David seeped through her pretty haze, but would David risk dying for Tally several times? Tally may not be completely certain who she liked more, I know that Zane's feelings for her were stronger, even when she was special.

Besides, even as a special, she didn't hate Zane like she did David.
*HIGHFIVES* EXCELLENT POINT! VERY WELL PUT! 10 points to Ravenclaw.
There are no raindrops on roses and girls in white dresses it's sleeping with roaches and taking best guesses at the shade of the sheets and before all the stains and a few more of your least favorite things.

Flight girl

• Boo
« Reply #1549 on: December 04, 2011, 05:43:39 AM »

^^Actually tally being a special means she was programmed to hate Uglies(like David) and Pretties(like Zane) but her love for Zane overpowered her programming.
no it meant she was programmed to hate smokies(especially like david) and she was supposed to protect pretties (like zane) and they.probably rewired her brain to still love zane so it would be less likely for her to remeber how much she loved david, they probably also rewired it to hate him more than anyone else.
*The one and only, Captain Epic!* (As decreed by 2 AGs)

The world is made of light and darkness, so are our hearts, you can't have one without the other, so I ask you, why are we scared of the dark . . . . .

frenchllama

• deviantart
« Reply #1550 on: December 04, 2011, 05:55:13 AM »

I think David
Scott Westerfeld must feel the same way, because, after all, Zane died and it would be best if Tally picked the not dead one...
Volger on a hoverboard.
Fencing.

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #1551 on: December 04, 2011, 06:46:47 AM »

no it meant she was programmed to hate smokies(especially like david) and she was supposed to protect pretties (like zane) and they.probably rewired her brain to still love zane so it would be less likely for her to remeber how much she loved david, they probably also rewired it to hate him more than anyone else.
If you look at the back of Specials it talks about how being a Special means she has to keep the Uglies in line and the Pretties stupid.  That means she was programmed to hate both.

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #1552 on: December 04, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »

EDIT: YA BETTER TAKE TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SOCIAL LIVES TO READ THIS. It took me like ten minutes to get my thoughts together, so gimme a break and read this ya namby-pamby wishy-washer jackwagons..... :D

Ha, dude in "specials" Tally says several times how repulsive Pretties are, including Zane. One example (besides her barfing and running away when her kissed her) is when they go to see him for the first time in New Pretty Town, and she keeps cringing and wanting to leave. She sees both Uglies and Pretties as inferior, otherwise the three groups would all mingle together. It was her job to keep the system going, and the truth from getting out. The Smokies were enemies, but that doesn't mean they were the only uglies she despised; the whole first chapter describes her hate for them.

Also, Scott has even told us that he preferred Zane, but if you really read into the emotions and symbology (well , not exactly symbology, but the moral and perception of people), Zane's death was necessary. Not many authors sit down before they even write the book and say "This charrie has to die!". If he hadn't died, Tally most likely would have stayed in diego and died, or wouldn't have had the motivation and reason to start the mind-rain, making the whole enterprise of the book worthless because Special Circumstances would have still existed. If David had died...well...it wouldn't have changed anything. Tally didn't care about him at that point.

So, while I LOOOVVVVE Zane, and am on his side completely, his death had to happen. If neither had died, then Tally would continue to drag the two along forever and blah blah blah the end no one cares. If David died....nothing would have changed.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:07:00 PM by Beth-la »

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #1553 on: December 04, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I see several of the points I have made throughout the past interspersed in that post and I definetly agree with the very bottom point now that you pointed it, if Zane hadn't died then Uglies would have been more like Twilight.  And that would have made it stupid, with the stupid, drawn-out love triangle.

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #1554 on: December 11, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »

Heehee.  :D

alext1009

« Reply #1555 on: December 13, 2011, 07:40:25 PM »

No, no, no! It's Cory1

shay

« Reply #1556 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »

?

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #1557 on: December 15, 2011, 10:20:17 AM »

Ink

« Reply #1558 on: December 21, 2011, 06:28:49 AM »

*casually bumps thread*
OH MY GOD LOOK OUT FOR THE CRAYONS

Destruction is my habbit

« Reply #1559 on: December 21, 2011, 06:37:24 AM »

I drew an anime Zane, and an anime David, Zane looks better...
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 147