Scott Westerfeld Forum

Poll

Whose best for Tally; David or Zane?

David
Zane
Other

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 147

Author Topic: David or Zane  (Read 106971 times)

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
Re: David or Zane
« Reply #1980 on: October 08, 2012, 10:32:43 AM »

He didn't date Shay according to Shay's Story. However, who knows what happened in the year between Shay's Story and Pretties. That, and judging by how he's figured otu that kissing makes you bubbly, he's probably done quite a bit of...EXPERIMENTATION. With some attractive, willing subjects I would bet.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Flight girl

• Boo
« Reply #1981 on: October 08, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »

I havent read shays story yet and david would never do that!
*The one and only, Captain Epic!* (As decreed by 2 AGs)

The world is made of light and darkness, so are our hearts, you can't have one without the other, so I ask you, why are we scared of the dark . . . . .

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #1982 on: October 08, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »

Maybe Zane was a player, but he really cared for Tally. If he didn't he could have just taken the cure pills without her, but instead he insisted she took them too and he died because of it. @Straif LOL yeah, I forgot about that. Oh and Shay's story showed David in a whole new light, it converted a lot of David-lovers to Zanies.

**WESTERFORUM RESIDENT KING OF LOGIC**

Straif

« Reply #1983 on: October 08, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »

I never really liked David honestly. It just reenforced my dislike of him. Not a Zane fan either honestly, but htat's just cause I don't like Tally herself.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #1984 on: October 08, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »

I see it as this, David was the type of guy that did random and impulsive actions to try to make a difference, Zane was the guy who made all the plans(the dreamer) but never did anything. They are two halves of one dude sort of, which is why Tally fell in love with both of them.(that and she had no self-esteem and horrible taste in guys)

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #1985 on: October 08, 2012, 10:47:20 AM »

David < Zane.

Straif

« Reply #1986 on: October 08, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »

Seems solid to me. They really do seem like the same guy, now that I think about it.
Also, don't forget Tally's got the brain of a gerbil.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #1987 on: October 08, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »

An obese gerbil. 

Straif

« Reply #1988 on: October 08, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »

Yes.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #1989 on: October 08, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »

I see it as this, David was the type of guy that did random and impulsive actions to try to make a difference, Zane was the guy who made all the plans(the dreamer) but never did anything. They are two halves of one dude sort of, which is why Tally fell in love with both of them.(that and she had no self-esteem and horrible taste in guys)

I still like Zane, but I do agree with you Seth, David is not a planner, he is a doer, that's why he and Tally shouldn't be together. Neither of them think, they just do.

Straif

« Reply #1990 on: October 18, 2012, 03:49:03 AM »

I still like Zane, but I do agree with you Seth, David is not a planner, he is a doer, that's why he and Tally shouldn't be together. Neither of them think, they just do.

Which, of course, is a bad thing. You go into a fight without a plan and you're coming out in a bag.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #1991 on: October 18, 2012, 09:15:31 AM »

Indeed.

cece la

« Reply #1992 on: October 21, 2012, 04:00:00 AM »

i pick David but i love them both!!! zane seems nice and hot but david is soooo sweet and he saw tally for who she was as an ugly zane saw her first as a pretty so she changed
you either jump out and live like you want to live or you stay a normal person who doesnt stand out.... im pretty sure you know which one i am!

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #1993 on: October 21, 2012, 04:28:17 AM »

Or you could say David preyed on her when she had her lowest self-esteem.

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #1994 on: October 23, 2012, 07:01:18 AM »

i pick David but i love them both!!! zane seems nice and hot but david is soooo sweet and he saw tally for who she was as an ugly zane saw her first as a pretty so she changed

I disagree. David may have seen her as a normal looking person first, but he didn't fall in love with her, and he didn't  get to know her at all. This is how it went:

David: Wow that is a hot girl, I better prey on the weakness that her culture has instilled in her and get her to make out with me.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 147