Meant To Be
- 0 (0%)
Trouble Brewing
- 1 (9.1%)
The Bitter Truth
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: My Goliath Fanfic  (Read 6520 times)

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
My Goliath Fanfic
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:04:55 AM »

EDIT: Yes, hello! I realize it's been close to 4 years since I even looked at this forum, but I just want to say: thank you guys for all the memories and kind comments here. Though I'm no longer as deeply invested in the Leviathan fandom and have moved on to mostly art, it still means a lot that people enjoyed something like this, which I pasted up here when I was barely 12 years old (I'm 16 now). There's most likely plot inconsistencies and details that do not match the original story, but this site and the people here actually hold a lot of memories for me, so I will keep my fanfiction here for as long as this forum is around. Keep being awesome, do your thing, enjoy your life and don't let anyone tell you to live it differently.  ;D  ALSO, I seriously doubt that anyone I used to talk to on this forum still goes on, but just in case you're looking to find me, I'm relatively active on my yt (StarlightSolstice) with animations and art (and even more active on ig, search for fruitcubes and I should pop up!) Ah, okay, that's all. Have a good night. SB logging off~

-------

Okay I'm new here and this is my first fanfic. I don't know if it's any good or not. None of the characters belong to me, they all belong to Scott Westerfeld. Yep. Here it is. Hope you enjoy it!   ;)

Alek was striding along the deck of the Leviathan, looking glum as he slumped over its huge side. Count Volger had just blown up at Dylan again for no apparent reason. Obviously there was some hot water between the two, which he couldn’t understand at all. Dylan had never treated Volger wrongly, but he always seemed nervous around him, like a small child who had misbehaved and was trying to avoid punishment. Alek looked out over the grand ocean, the realms of Asia and dark water spreading in a marvelous tapestry beneath him.  It was astounding really, the ecosystem of the Leviathan, which kept the great beast afloat. Even a Clanker couldn’t deny that. Not even Count Volger.
At that moment, Dylan burst from the door to Volger’s cabin like a bat let loose from a cage.  Alek gasped and grabbed at the nearest arm hold on the ceiling of the deck as the boy hurtled past him and catapulted himself into the rail, leaning far over it to eye the sea. Alek ran to him, surprised by this all-out display of defiance coming from his friend. There were tears in Dylan’s eyes as he stared down. Tensing, he looked at Alek, the tears suddenly off his face, leaving it’s usually confident expression stripped away. “Come with me,” he said “I have something I need to tell you.”
Dylan paused at the door of Alek’s cabin and held out his hand for the key. Alek handed it over and he turned the knob. Dylan walked briskly toward the table, and sat down. He tore an old photo book from inside his jacket. “Tell me, Alek,” he said “what do you see here?”
Alek looked hard at the picture, a girl with fair hair and confident eyes, wearing a sun dress and smiling gladly at the camera. “I see a child, a girl.”
Dylan took a slow breath, “Alright Alek. Look at her face and tell me what you see there.”
“She’s very confident in herself, and seems to know what she’s doing.” he replied. 
“Yes she is. Was.”
“What do you mean, Dylan?”
In that moment, Dylan turned to Alek and he took in his face, those same mischievous eyes, and confident smile. His hair parted neatly right where the young girl’s  hair did and he had that same skinny frame with those arched eyebrows. And though the girl was much younger than Dylan, he could see a stunning likeness between the two. Alek gasped suddenly.
“It’s-it’s you, isn’t it?”
Dylan made a small sigh and said, voice becoming slightly more delicate, “Aye, it’s me.”
“Dylan why didn’t you tell me?”
“I was scared you’d tell,” she said “I wouldn’t want to let my da down, would I? I needed to keep my secret from everyone one, especially you, your highness.”
“Why did you do this?”
Dylan laughed, “Are you that much of a dumpknoff, Alek? Ever once think how it might be like to have a dream that you could never fulfill without taking desperate measures? Maybe you’re right, girls are not meant to fight in a war, they’re meant to stay home and sew dresses and corsets. I’m the best midshipman aboard the Leviathan and yet, I’m a stupid girl! That’s probably how you see me.”
“You’re not stupid, Dylan. I just want to know why you kept this from me.”
“I was afraid that, if you found out that I was not just a commoner, but a girl as well, you’d no longer think of me as an equal, a friend. Volger has known for a while now. He’s been taunting me. I’ve tried to tell you several times, but everything seemed to go all pear-shaped, and I never had the right words.”
“Are you really a-?”
“Yes, and don’t make my prove it.” She muttered.
“I still don’t know what to make of this. Girls are not meant to fight in war.”
“Then what are they meant for, Alek? If I wasn’t meant to be in this war, too much a ninny for what all you boys do, you would have figured me out long before now. If you ask me, I’m not the ninny aboard this ship. The barking beastie figured it out before you did! And as much as I dispise your friend Volger for all this, I have to give it to the clever-boots that he figured it out as well. I waited to tell you, hoping you wouldn’t take it like this. I’m sorry, Alek, but I’m done lying.”
“Who are you?” he replied, staring.
“My name is Deryn Sharp, and my da didn’t die in vain. I outsmarted them all Alek, even you, for a long time. But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t want to tell you sooner. I really, truly did. And I’m sorry.”
With that, the girl left. Alek could now see the truth behind his-no, her-confident swagger. He took a slow breath as she walked up the stairs to the main deck and disappeared.
Alek found himself looking at the picture in the book Deryn had left on the table. That girl really was the same person as the best friend he had known as Dylan for so long. At the moment, Bovril waddled in, crawling up Alek’s leg.
“You knew before any of us. Oh, what have I done, Bovril?” he whispered to it, stroking it’s tiny head.
“Mr. Sharp.”it said, staring at him with those wide eyes.
“Yes, Mr. Sharp indeed.” Alek murmured, feeling the pressure and stuffiness of the cabin taking its grip on him. Getting up stiffly from the chair, with Bovril on his shoulder, Alek locked the door to his cabin and ran up the stairs after Deryn.

Alrighty yes I wrote it and I will write more if you like but this is it for now. Bye!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:54:37 PM by ~Steampunk~Bovril~ »
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD
"I'm in a store, and I'm SINGING!" ~Buddy from Elf
:) I couldn't live without putting a smiley face in my signature!
☮ ☯ ♥ ✰ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☾ ✷              ⠙⠗⠑⠈⠍ (That spells "DREAM" in Braille.)
~WESTERFORUM'S OFFICIAL FANFIC WRITER AND LEVIATHANEER~

ArtfullyInsane

• Who cares? Just jam out.
Re: My Goliath Fanfic
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 08:11:46 AM »

That was good! Welcome to the forums (or have you been following it without commenting?) This is your first fanfiction? It's awesome! You should really continue it. Or leave it like it is. I like the ending, and have seen many fanfictions dragged out.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

STABIMUS FEROCIORIS We will stand defiant.
the JUNIOR MINTS will get you in your sleep (Gone MG reference!)
FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
People say psycho like it's a bad thing

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:14:15 AM »

Thank you so much! Yeah this is my first and I've been wanting to join here for a long time now.
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:16:36 AM »

I hope you have fun here! I'm Arty, and if you have any questions, you can just PM me. I don't have all the answers, but I'll try to help if need be.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:18:35 AM »

Okay, thanks!
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

BagpipeHeadache

• Me and the master!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »

Aye, same here!

I am the forum's resident piper, petrolhead, answer giver, advice giver, entertainer, villiage idiot, aspiring writer (like yourself) and overall....well.....just about anything anyone wants me to be.

So top o' th' mornin' and A Ra Best.  

Welcome to the Westerforum.  ;)

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »

YES YES YES I LOVE IT!!!!!

Hi, I'm AG!  I'm crazy hyper weird and evil!  (siggies don't lie!). Welcome welcome welcome!!!!!!!! And now you have to write more... and I'll pester you until you do… maybe… >:D
This is my siggie... I don't know what to write in it...well, I COULD discuss the molecular tissue of a potato...but I don't even know what it is, so I guess I can't XP

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 08:24:37 AM »

Aye, same here!

I am the forum's resident piper, petrolhead, answer giver, advice giver, entertainer, villiage idiot, aspiring writer (like yourself) and overall....well.....just about anything anyone wants me to be.

So top o' th' mornin' and A Ra Best.  

Welcome to the Westerforum.  ;)
Village idiot? And I think a lot of people here are aspiring writers. I am too. You're in good company!
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »

For the most part… ::)
This is my siggie... I don't know what to write in it...well, I COULD discuss the molecular tissue of a potato...but I don't even know what it is, so I guess I can't XP

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »

Okay wow that got a lot of comments. I will post the "sequel" soon then, teehee!
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 08:27:52 AM »

YES YES YES THANK YOU!!!! :D

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 08:30:54 AM »

Might take a while though. I had pre-written the other one in a different program some time ago and it took about an hour to make.
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

ArtfullyInsane

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:48 AM »

We wait with baited breath!
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 08:46:50 AM »

Haha, I am working on it. Will be posted soon, I promise you!  :)
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

ItalianRose5

• The Real Mrs. Potter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »

very nice.  I enjoyed it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7