Meant To Be
- 0 (0%)
Trouble Brewing
- 1 (9.1%)
The Bitter Truth
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: My Goliath Fanfic  (Read 6522 times)

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
Re: My Goliath Fanfic
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »

Okay part two is done!  :o Hope you likey! Once again, not my characters, Scott Westerfeld's.

Deryn was up on deck, her eyes red and sore from crying.  It was shameful really, an airman pouting, but was she really an airman after what had just happened? She had planned that conversation for months, close to a year, expecting Alek to act differently. But he had gone and surprised her.  
Deryn looked at the sepia photograph of herself on her eleventh birthday back in Scotland, wearing her new yellow dress, sandy hair flowing down her back. She crumpled it and threw it over the side, watching it float down until she couldn’t see it anymore.  Alek would never look at her the same way now. And with her luck, the ninny would go and tell the whole ship. But Alek wouldn’t, would he? Could she trust him like he had trusted her for so long before today?  She was a girl, born in Glasglow, and raised to accept things for what they were.  Was he mad at her, or simply dumbstruck? How could she blame him, anyway?
It was all so barking confusing that all of a sudden, she felt dizzy. Deryn ran down the hall to the shower room and washed off her face with cold water. Her cheeks felt all flushed, and when she looked in the mirror, she could see they were rosy like those of a lassie at the town  dance. Seeing as nobody was around, she took the opportunity to shower, locking the door behind her with a sharp click. Once the cool stream of water hit her she found her mind clearing.
Stupid Volger, she thought. What a useless clart-bag he was! He was probably down there now, laughing his barking head off. I guess now they were officially even. Volger had intimidated her again, blethering about womens’ rights and how useless they were, making Deryn have to clench her fists under the table to hide her anger from Alek. Finally, she had gave him what he had asked for, slapping him hard on the cheek.  At this, Alek had left, dazed and worried. Volger had given her a hard stare and threatened her that if she hurt him one more time, he would be forced to reveal her secret. With hatred, Deryn recalled him saying, “And then where would we be, hmm?”
What had happened next was all a blur, she had ran out the door and thrown herself against the rail, straining for breath. And then…….never mind. She realized that it was time to exit the shower. Stepping out, Deryn wrapped a towel around herself, dried, and threw on her slops and white shirt, stained with grease and a mark where she had, in her haste to bring Volger his tea, spilled a drop of tea on herself. That barking scum-bag didn’t deserve tea, or food at all, she thought.
Passing by the shaver on the counter, she stopped, and then suddenly realized that no one was around, and it was useless to pretend. She went out of the shower room and down the stairs to the bridge, feeling the Leviathan softly quake beneath her feet. Living and breathing, as always. Life had to go on.
In the hall, Deryn passed Dr. Barlow. She was wearing a violet dress and an elegant gold watch. Beige pearls hung around her neck and her bowler hat was positioned perfectly atop her head, an intimidating touch.
“Good evening, Mr. Sharp,” she said “you’re off duty, I presume?”
Deryn gulped, suddenly realizing that duty was still going on, and after she had served Volger his tea, she was supposed to have tended to the Huxleys.
“Umm, no maam, I’m on my way right now to my next shift.”
“I should think so,” Barlow replied, fixing Deryn with a content stare, “no time to dilly dally then, off you go.”
“Aye, maam.” Deryn said quietly, and walked off toward the belly of the ship, passing by unused staterooms. She was still an airman, no matter what Alek said or did. Nothing could change that.

This one is a bit shorter, I didn't take as much time on it since I knew you guys were waiting still. I hope you enjoyed it! I'm open to all criticism, that is, as long as it's constructive.

~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD
"I'm in a store, and I'm SINGING!" ~Buddy from Elf
:) I couldn't live without putting a smiley face in my signature!
☮ ☯ ♥ ✰ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☾ ✷              ⠙⠗⠑⠈⠍ (That spells "DREAM" in Braille.)
~WESTERFORUM'S OFFICIAL FANFIC WRITER AND LEVIATHANEER~

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 09:14:04 AM »

ItalianRose5, thank you very much!  :)
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »

I'll be back later, talk to you guys then. I won't be gone that long.  :)
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:28 AM »

YES YES YES I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH
This is my siggie... I don't know what to write in it...well, I COULD discuss the molecular tissue of a potato...but I don't even know what it is, so I guess I can't XP

booklover

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »

love it please tell me there is more
People ask me how I keep up with life, color guard, and school.  I always laugh and tell them I don't.

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »

Thanks guys I will definitely write more!  ;D Glad you like it!
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 02:33:09 PM »

YES YES YES THANK YOU!!!!!!

P.S. You now have a stalker >:D
This is my siggie... I don't know what to write in it...well, I COULD discuss the molecular tissue of a potato...but I don't even know what it is, so I guess I can't XP

booklover

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »

yay
People ask me how I keep up with life, color guard, and school.  I always laugh and tell them I don't.

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 01:54:58 AM »

Awesomegoat, oh really? Well, thanks! Started the third one, it should be interesting.
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 03:08:26 AM »

Okay guys I finally have my third in the "series" told from Dr. Barlow's perspective. I think it might be my best one yet. Please read it and tell me what you think. Thanks! Also, all of the characters belong to Scott Westerfeld, not me. Alright, here it is. Enjoy.

Dr. Barlow sat alone in her stateroom, looking out the small porthole beside her vanity.  Up on top of the Leviathan, the ratlines had been blown taut by the heavy winds today.  She wondered if a storm was brewing.  Seeing as Dylan was off on duty, there was no way that she could fix herself tea, since the cabin had no wood burning stove due to the flammability of the Leviathan. 
Tazza lay on the floor, whining.  He needed to be taken on a walk again.  She wondered how long Dylan would be down there with the Huxleys.
Dr. Barlow stood up and put Tazza on his short leash.  She exited the stateroom and followed the hall to the stairs so that she could take Tazza to the upper deck.  Pulling up her dress so that she wouldn’t trip on it, she led the Tasmanian tiger up and through the door to the wraparound deck.
From there she peered out at the sky.  There was Dylan, keeping watch on a Huxley tethered to the side of the Leviathan from the starboard flank.  She was nearing him now.  He appeared not to notice her, a grimace on his face as he pulled in lengths of rope, towing the Huxley back in.
Dr. Barlow passed him by and took Tazza a few more yards. He stopped to rest and do what he had to do, and then she took him back down the deck and to the stairs. They trailed down them and then walked down the hall towards the stateroom.  Just as she was about to unlock the door to her room, Volger walked up and greeted her with a smile.  The man had a way about him that was so smooth and elegant, and taking a closer look at him, she saw that he had a red mark on his right cheek.  How could that have happened?
“Good evening, Dr. Barlow.” He said, grinning like a clown.  The man was trying to hide something, she noticed.  Something big.
“Same to you, Count.” She replied, still fiddling with the lock on her door.  Count Volger passed her, brushing her shoulder lightly.  Could he really be serious? She was married! But yet, he did have some aura about him that was quite stunning.
She finally got the cabin door to open, and slid in.  She let Tazza off his leash and he leaped onto the small cot on the floor next to her master bed. Dinner was in an hour, so she decided to change dresses. Pulling on her blue silk, and replacing her bowler with a straw hat, she somehow looked more….more elegant. 
Dr. Barlow wrapped a piece of darker blue fabric around the middle of the hat and slipped on her white heels.  Elegant.  Who could she be trying to impress?  Volger definitely seemed to take an interest in her, but, as she had told herself several times, she had other fish to fry.  Worrying about this war was one of them.  Ever since the Tesla tower had been knocked down, the Leviathan’s crew had feared attack and ambush.  Their peace mission went on in uncharted waters, they would arrive in Japan two days from now. 
Soon, the captain came on the intercom and announced that dinner was ready.  Before leaving, she went in to the closet to check on the new loris, who had been fast asleep since midday.  If, by chance, it woke up, at least it had Tazza to keep it company.   Putting on her mother of pearl earrings and bracelet, she said goodbye to Tazza and dashed out into the hall.
Going down to dinner, she caught sight of Alek.  He had a grim expression on his face. His hair was slicked back neatly. He was wearing a button down white shirt, a black overcoat and black pants.  He looked almost exactly like Count Volger.  What was Volger hiding, anyway?  Something dreadfully important, or he wouldn’t be so careful hiding it.  The crowd filed into the dining hall, and Dr. Barlow followed them quickly to the tables.  She was going to sit with the ship’s captain tonight and his other crewmen at the bridge.
  All these men were getting a little intimidating.  But she took her seat beside the captain and greeted him politely, only half listening to his response.  Dylan was coming into the room, in his good black pants and white shirt and was wearing a calm expression.  Then his eyes caught Volger’s and his face darkened.
“-and we have quite a shortage of midshipman. I wonder if recruiting in Japan might become necessary, even though there are quite a few Clankers there.” The captain finished his statement, and Dr. Barlow snapped to attention.
“Yes, I suppose we might have to.” She replied, “After all, the ship’s weight is no longer a problem.  It’s healthy as can be right now.”
“Correct.” He responded, “And that is why I’m going to need you to go out there and find boys of age to come and serve on our ship.  Darwinists, and smart ones too, no infiltrators or enemies.  You will bring Midshipman Sharp and Midshipman Newkirk with you.”
Dr. Barlow just stared at him.  “You want me to recruit?” She gasped.
“Well, you may not be wearing that bowler hat of yours now, but you are a boffin, yes?” He asked.
“That I am,” she said “but all alone?  How can I guarantee that whoever I bring in isn’t lying about where their loyalties lie?  Can we trust the Japanese?”
“Their country is a mix of Clankers and Darwinists, but I think you might be able to pull this one off.  And don’t forget, the two midshipmen will accompany you.  It will be a hard task, but I believe you are up to the challenge.”
Dr. Barlow took a deep breath and said, “You really think-“
“Yes, I do.” He answered.

Thanks for reading and I will write more if you want! Bye!  ;)
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 03:10:10 AM »

Yeah my hands hurt now I believe that I did that in less than an hour but I can't be sure. Just woke up and now I have to EAT!!!! Be back soon.
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

booklover

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:15 AM »

write more lz

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 03:17:22 AM »

Hands......are......aching.....must.....rest! Just kidding! I will later.
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

~Steampunk~Bovril~

• The fluffeh loris.
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 05:27:31 AM »

Fourth installment is in the works!  ;D
~Steampunk~Bovril~
"Mr. Sharp" *giggles* XD

booklover

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 05:39:06 AM »

awsome
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7