Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Pretties facial features  (Read 724 times)

Tae-La

Pretties facial features
« on: June 03, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »

What do you think they look like? Or what the operation does to them? I personally think rather than scrap the entire face they have a default face that they tweak your face twards being up until you can only just barely recognize the person. I mean everyone can obviously identify people as a pretty. And before you say it's because of hair colour/clothing/etc. Tally could still recognize Peris after his operation, even without seeing him before. Maybe they simply tweak all of your features to look more child like? As for bodies I know they make them to an average weight and height. I was thinking theyre probably around 6'0(Wasn't tally at eye level with Andrew Simpson Smith? I assume he's tall.), and weight probably depends on gender and, after the operation, environmental factors. It's interesting to think about. Anyone else have any theories?

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
Re: Pretties facial features
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 02:04:16 AM »

Considering that they dont eat anything grown wild (least Im pretty sure they dont), which means their foods most likely incredibly controlled in its contents,  I doubt weight differs much between pretties. And of course, they have those calorie burning pills Tally mentioned, which help with any weight they might gain. I have no doubt the amount of stupid things they do while bubbleheaded probably helps burn off whatever left over.

Obviously they also change the bone structure somewhat for the face, and I doubt they'd just leave something for later when they could do it right then, so they probably have much better posture (always straight, no slouching, you get the idea).

So theoretically in the line of "perfect humans" from lowest to highest we have Pretties, Specials, Darwin's Fist soldiers and then Spartans from Halo.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic