Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: UGLIES MOVIE (Producers, Screen Writers, And Special Effects!) + MANGA NEWS  (Read 14494 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt

Yeah, I think so too. But I see their point with people saying they're fans of Scott when they've only read Leviathan... that makes them a Leviathan fan. I don't think it really has, either, and it's introduced Uglies to several people as well.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Panzercrappitastica

See? There you go. To quote a shirt I saw someone wearing once, "I disagree, but I respect your opinion." I think they're both awesome, but I can see your point.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!

Some people on the forum definitely do. I read Leviathan first, and Uglies soon after that and I'm completely obsessed with both of them... but some people definitely read Uglies first, like it better, and are kind of frustrated by the number of people who've read Levi and not Uglies.
True, I just meant that Leviathan is more of a niche title, to a niche fanbase. Yes, it's a big fanbase, but the general category of Dystopia that Uglies falls under gives it more exposure than Levi receives. Levi does have the steampunk category to help it, but that hasn't quite picked up as much popularity as Dystopian yet.

**WESTERFORUM RESIDENT KING OF LOGIC**

Panzercrappitastica

Yeah. And Hunger Games definitely gave a huge boost to dystopian novels.

- Catvomitsky

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!

^^EXACTLY, what I was thinking of. Now there is going to be Divergent, Maze Runner, etc. movies to continue the Dystopian dominance of the book world.

Panzercrappitastica

Like how vampire romance novels were this huge thing cuz of Twilight, except dystopias are broader and, generally, more interesting.

- Catvomitsky

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!

Yep, and Harry Potter kind of started the whole new book-to-movie craze way back when for this generation.

Panzercrappitastica

Huh. Never thought about that, but I guess it did.

- Catvomitsky

Soph-la

• Be who you are and don't let anyone change you.

hmmm yea me neither
"We won't hurt you, but we will if we have to." - Special Circumstances
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]