Scott Westerfeld Forum

Poll

Do you think Scott should write another book in the Uglies series?

Of course! Sounds Bubbly-making to me!
Nah, I think it's fine the way it is now
Indifferent

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Just a thought...  (Read 8295 times)

Ali-wa

Just a thought...
« on: October 16, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »

Wouldn't it be cool if the Uglies series was continued? ??? I think it would be awesome and make a lot of readers happy, but thats just my opinion....what do you think?
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Tash-la

• Life's too damn short for if's and maybe's
    • Deviantart
Re: Just a thought...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:59:52 PM »

I think Scott finished it up quite nicely, and I think that if he continued it then the series would drag on too much. I feel like the story was already complete after 'Specials' but 'Extras' did add a perspective that really gave the world a whole new meaning. I liked how the series turned out and I think it worked to be done in 4 books. If the series were to be continued any more, then I think it should have another new perspective and not feature Tally. I know I may make some people upset by that comment, but I feel like Tally has done her part for the story already, and anything more might turn out to be overkill.
Sometimes travelers turn into poets....

Ali-wa

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »

yea, I see what you mean. I really liked the series and liked how it left me wanting more and I just still have the aching feeling after extras! Grr, its so frustrating but I definitely see your point.
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Tash-la

• Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »

I understand that aching feeling for sure! I've felt like that after so many books =P I guess that's just what happens when you fall in love with a story and just can't get enough of it. I tend to read books more than once, and it helps the feeling a bit.

Maybe you could try writing your own continuation of the story? Not as plagiarism or stealing Scott's ideas, but maybe as a fan fiction? Those are always fun to write.

Ali-wa

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »

haha, I reread books 24/7. God, was I obssessed with Harry Potter and Twilight, I could never get enough of it! lol

As for Fan-Fiction...sad to say, I would ruin it for myself =( I love to read an invision what the author was thinking of and seeing while writing, but when it comes to me putting down what i see in words on paper, basically, i suck at it! lol Don't get me wrong, I have had some awesome ideas for stories and really did try to "write a book" but it wasn't quite looking nor sounding write. Heck, last year in my honors junior english class at high school, my teacher told me i sucked at writing and I'm screwed at even attempting to write any papers for him for his class! :(
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Tash-la

• Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 01:19:55 PM »

That teacher really sucks. Seriously, if you want to write and if you want to get better at it, then the best way to go about that is by writing! The more you write and practice writing, and also the more you read, the better you will get.
And as for worrying about ruining the story for yourself, you never know until you try ;) You could always try to write a bit and see where it leads you. It could even lead you onto your own original idea. Also, having you envision the story is really what the author is aiming for. He obviously did his job if you can see it clearly in your head.

I'd say if you want to write, then there is nothing stopping you. Even if it doesn't look right at first, just keep going. Don't worry about how it looks right away. It's the ideas and the story that matters first, and then you can tweak it later.

Ali-wa

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »

I wish it was that easy...have you wrote any Fan Ficts?
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Tash-la

• Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 01:31:52 PM »

I've written a few before, but none were based on books. I find it fun to add to the characters and make new ones, and it provides you with a setting and genre already.

Ali-wa

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »

true i guess...

so do u know any other good sci-fi writers similar to Westerfeld's type of writing?
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Tash-la

• Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »

I haven't found any sci fi writers that I like quite as much as Scott Westerfeld. I like it when sci fi is unique and when they stand out they tend to be totally different. I really liked the sci fi book 'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card but I don't think it's anything like Uglies at all.
I made a Book Suggestion topic with a list of some books I like, maybe you could check out some of those and let me know what kinds of books you like too. That way I can see if I can dig up a few you might enjoy.

Ali-wa

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 01:41:07 PM »

haha sounds good to me, I've already posted  ;) lol
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »

I think it be cool but hes writing the ether book series right now so. I will wait
Westerforum Resident Multi-Genre Music Lover

Ali-wa

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »

oh of course! lol i can wait and i doubt he adds another book to the series, i think hes done, but i like to think of the possibility of him adding to the Uglies :)
Oh, so Bubbly-making =D

Filthy Victorian

• Slightly Mad
    • Fan Fiction
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »

I don't think he should. Uglies/Pretties/Specials were brilliant, and while Extras was good, it was the weak point of the series.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost,
Go find another one.
Because you know time won't wait
And you'll be late.
Like white rabbits on the run.

Kaye-la

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

i really don't care. if he makes another one i'll love it of course but if he doesn't i think it ended a good spot and i'll be happy with that.
Me llamo es Alex y me gusta pie  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5