Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Relic Master  (Read 893 times)

ArtfullyInsane

• Who cares? Just jam out.
Relic Master
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »

Okay, so Relic Master is the next series by the author of Incarceron, Catherine Fisher. It's supposed to be let out rapid fire in four months, May, June, July, and August. I have read the first three, and am anxiously awaiting the next installment. Has anyone else read them? Or are you thinking about reading them? In my opinion, they're just as good, if not better, than Incarceron.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

STABIMUS FEROCIORIS We will stand defiant.
the JUNIOR MINTS will get you in your sleep (Gone MG reference!)
FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
People say psycho like it's a bad thing

jessinator11

• With great mustache comes great responsiblity...
    • Belletristic Connoisseur
Re: Relic Master
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »

I've debated, but haven't come to any conclusions.  What would the plot be like?
"And there the wicked old Witch stayed for a good long time."
"And did she ever come out?"
"Not yet."

"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us"

Team Amon!! XD

By_the_Books

• I'm a paradoxical butterfly.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »

So I had picked up this book series at the book store, but didn't buy it. I really liked Incarceron, and it seemed a bit like that (the whole concealed technology theme), so I was interested. I just got in from the library, but I'm still reading two other books. But it's next on my list. Looking forward to it!
Hey! You guys can call me Jeesh! Yeah... Probably not going to happen...

I'm not a newbie, alright? I just don't have an enourmosly high post count like all of these other mental people. ;P

**Westerforum Resident Footballer and Merlin Fangirl**

ArtfullyInsane

• Who cares? Just jam out.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »

As for the plot, the premise is that basically,

Earth was destroyed, and so we made a new world on a new planet called Anara. There were beings there first though, called Sekoi (they are rather cat-like, tell amazing stories, love gold, and are generally mysterious). The humans who now inhabit Anara thousands or years later, regard the creators of their world as the sons of God (the Christian one), and call them the Makers.

The main character is a teen named Raffi (Raffael Morely), who is the scholar of a Relic Master, also called keepers. Relic Masters are kind of like the priests and experts on the Makers, and go around collecting 'relics', which are really just regular items from our world (like a TV remote, a watch, and so on), but since they themselves have nothing like them, they are holy items of the Makers. The association of keepers is called the Order. As said, Raffi is the scholar (apprentice) of a Relic Master named Galen, a hot-tempered, dark, and generally moody (can you tell I don't like him much?) man.

Carys Arrin is a member of the Watch. The Watch is a group of hard trained killers, intent on destroying the Order. They are really good at their goal, so the Order is almost completely crushed out. Only a handful of rogue keepers and a scattering of scholars remain. Carys's mission is to take in the keeper Galen, and his scholar Raffi.

There you go.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

STABIMUS FEROCIORIS We will stand defiant.
the JUNIOR MINTS will get you in your sleep (Gone MG reference!)
FIDDLEDINK! it's epic.
Hey look! A distraction!
ALEK IS BETTER

*Ba dump chhh*
People say psycho like it's a bad thing