Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Maybe everyone being Pretty-minded wouldn't be such a bad idea...  (Read 27914 times)

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
Re: Maybe everyone being Pretty-minded wouldn't be such a bad idea...
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »

Ya, very interesting. Makes sense. What do they call it? Wisdom of the crowd? No, that's when people put their heads together to try and figure soemthing out. Dang, now that's gonna bug me all day.
Groupthink?

Emma-la

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »

I have no idea. Peer Pressure? Who knows! Oh well!
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Tabac vie

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:09 PM »

conforming to the crowd??? I don't know all I know is that it seems to be most likely in the world.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

Emma-la

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:52 PM »

Hehehe.

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2010, 06:29:40 AM »

peer pressure is kind of like conforming
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Emma-la

« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2010, 08:01:37 AM »

okayy.. cant remmebr what conforming means, but i have ideas.

Tabac vie

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »

like changing and modifing yourself to fit in with others.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

Kristen-la

• Hi Ping-la!
    • Myy Facebook :3
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2010, 12:19:35 AM »

Ok just forewarning you I'm not siding with Special Circumstances saying that the operation is absolutely necessary and the only way to keep war away but,...

would everybody being pretty-minded be necessarily a bad thing? Everybody is happy, no arguments, hardly any rebellion, everybody is just getting along. With how the world is now does that sound absolutely terrible? I mean, the lesions you receive don't hurt you or anything so what is so wrong?!? What if our civilization managed to create something like the operation, just looks aren't changed during it, and it doesn't make everybody absolutely stupid/bad-decision makers. Honestly, I am tired of war and its effect on all the involved and surrounding countries. If everybody just got along in the first place, we wouldn't be fighting over stupid, meaningless, and sometimes even forgotten arguments. I understand everybody has an opinion, but what if others were more understanding and accepting of others opinions, and didn't take them to heart, meaning, that they didn't think somebody's thought or opinion would hurt or invade their personal beliefs.

Post your opinions and thoughts about this. and remember!--I'm not siding with the bad side in the Uglies, just stating how if tweeked a little, it could be a really good thing.

I have thought many times that you know it would be worth it to have the operation. I mean being Pretty-minded might not be a bad thing. To be Pretty never fights, haveing the job of having fun! I don't see much wrong with it, sure i want to keep my mind, but idk it just sometimes seems so...perfect to have a life like that...just my opinion
Kristen-la <3
Stay Icy.

Emma-la

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »

good opininon it is. but it would mean losing your personality and your face. i'd be sad if they took away my small features. but i wouldnt mind a couple extar teeth (or a whole new set of them, for that matter).

Kristen-la

• Hi Ping-la!
    • Myy Facebook :3
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »

yea i wouldn't mind getting the operation...sometimes i think it would be worth it other times i don't...idk being a special seems icy a pretty seems bubbly, an ugly idk its hard to imagine living in a world like that soo...i mean in uglies Shay describes the operation, it doesnt seem that good there LOL!
Kristen-la <3
Stay Icy.

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2010, 03:56:20 AM »

it would be nice to have pretty features and look perfect
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Emma-la

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2010, 04:04:24 AM »

ya, i wish i could. but not look completely like everyone else.

Tabac vie

« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2010, 05:47:33 AM »

Having a world full of mindless bubble heads wouldn't be okay. I mean yes no war, no agruments but it's like cheating out world peace, it's something we need to figure out for are selves not wish it better or make everyone so oblivious it doesn't matter any more. It's something we need to all figure out are selves and it just seems really wrong.

If we weren't all crazy we would all go insane.

Tally-wa

« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2010, 05:51:54 AM »

I'm divided on being pretty-minded. I mean, in the books, the Rusties destroyed the world and everything.  But on the other hand, being ugly would be cool too becuase you have your own mind and you don't have to conform to everyone's idea of what is right.

Tabac vie

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2010, 06:00:19 AM »

Individuality is what created the lessions in the first place, what created everything that they lived in. It takes away what makes us unique, what allows us to create new and better things, to improve life. to conform in that matter is to stay in one place to never progress and if something bad seriously did happen again, there would be no one to overcome it since everyone had lost there thought, had lost what allowed humanity to overcome in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20