Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Maybe everyone being Pretty-minded wouldn't be such a bad idea...  (Read 27924 times)

Chloe-Wa

Re: Maybe everyone being Pretty-minded wouldn't be such a bad idea...
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2010, 06:03:10 AM »

being ugly i suppose would basically be now with better technology and more care for the planet
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Tabac vie

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2010, 06:07:37 AM »

yeah. and if society as we know it was to come to an end, and us humans be thrust into a disaster,  like the one in scott's books, we would overcome. but if the world was pretty-minded.....we would most likely perish.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2010, 06:24:31 AM »

true- but then thats what specials were for but they had the problem of thinking they were superior to all other people
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Tabac vie

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2010, 06:28:13 AM »

but would you really want to live in a society where if a disaster was to happen you would be the first to die? so no, pretty lessions aren't for me.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

Jessie-wa121

• I AM icy! :)
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »

I see where your going, everyone says they wouldn't be pretty-minded for anything, but if I didn't know, of COURSE i'd choose that! If I hadn't read the books i'd probably choose it. No fights, everyone happy, world peace.No hunger

Tabac vie

« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2010, 01:12:43 PM »

yeah. I mean on the surface everyone would want to choose a life without war, hunger, a good life. But at what cost? If something sounds perfect chances are it is, as with pretty lessions. But it's the people who look underneath the surface who really see life for what it is. For it's face value.

Kristen-la

• Hi Ping-la!
    • Myy Facebook :3
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2010, 08:25:06 AM »

i almost wish i did live in the pretty-time life would b so much better and easyer
Kristen-la <3
Stay Icy.

Tabac vie

« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2010, 01:31:09 PM »

sigh. I guess everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Michelle-chan

• Zoey Redbird & Tally Youngblood rock!
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »

id want to be a sayshal haha!!
Heyy! I love Vamps and the Uglies Series!

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2010, 04:39:51 AM »

Sayshal! Me too!
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...

Jessie-wa121

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2010, 07:42:26 AM »

Actually, I agree with you. Everyone I talk to is like, "If I were there, I wouldn't let them turn me pretty. I would stay ugly no matter what." But they don't really understand that today isn't like the uglies world. In Uglies, no one is starving, no one is hurting, everyone is completely beautiful and living in harmony with  nature. If you were offered the chance of perfection, of never having to worry about yourself or anything else, to be amazingly beautiful and find love at first site, to have all your family and friends right there with you, would you choose it? I know I'd be tempted.

Heliopteryx

• Aliens are people too!
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2010, 07:47:20 AM »

I'd ask what the catch was. 
If knowledge=power, then great knowlege=great power.

However, with great power comes great insanity, so MUAHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahahaha. . . . . . . . . . .

Jessie-wa121

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2010, 07:54:26 AM »

But they wouldn't tell you, and you'd be convinced that your hideous and the only way to see your friends and not live in shame is this operation.

Emma-la

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2010, 07:57:01 AM »

That's true. If I had no idea they were going to mess with my mind, I might get the operation. I mean, I'm scared of operations, though. I'm scared about if I get braces. If I weren't scared of operations, I would definetly get it.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Tabac vie

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »

but then the fact comes back to is it a good idea. because basically the way I see it, it's taking away are rights. yes it forms a safer world and yes it may be the end to all wars. but who is to deside who gets the gift of knowledge and who doesn't. To do that would to put one persons rights above another. At what cost would you be willing to make a "perfect world" because one that is based on lies and deception isn't a perfect world to me, no to me it is even worse than we started. We would be taking way what makes the human race unique and to me that isn't right at any cost.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20