Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Maybe everyone being Pretty-minded wouldn't be such a bad idea...  (Read 27704 times)

Smurfie

Re: Maybe everyone being Pretty-minded wouldn't be such a bad idea...
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:37 AM »

I've been thinking about that so much.  Especially because I'm in Middle School right now, and we all know that MS and HS are full or drama and fights and POINTLESS crap. And it would be so great if my friends weren't all fighting and being stupid and hating each other, especially because I'm usually the one in the middle of everything ):  BUT there's that matter of free will.  I would absolutely despise knowing(well I might not really know) that someone had tweaked my mind.  Especially to make me bubble headed, because I'm agreeable but I'm also opinionated and have my own thoughts and ideas, and I would never want that taken away.

Nina-Chan

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2010, 04:36:20 AM »

I've been thinking about that so much.  Especially because I'm in Middle School right now, and we all know that MS and HS are full or drama and fights and POINTLESS crap. And it would be so great if my friends weren't all fighting and being stupid and hating each other, especially because I'm usually the one in the middle of everything ):  BUT there's that matter of free will.  I would absolutely despise knowing(well I might not really know) that someone had tweaked my mind.  Especially to make me bubble headed, because I'm agreeable but I'm also opinionated and have my own thoughts and ideas, and I would never want that taken away.

i agree!

mollygator24

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2010, 06:43:11 AM »

pretty minded?! heck no! i dont want people messing with my brain! i like being smart! i dont want to become like tally was in pretties! empty minded! NOOOO!

meghan-wa

• I love the feeling of being icy. doesnt everyone?
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »

i think that it would actually work and the world could be a lot better for it.
i hate war but im not a pasifist
and i think it would be pretty cool to see how better the world could be
because of it.

if you had to get the pretty operation cool im in...hope i could
become a special..haha
You laugh because im different
I laugh because you're the same!!!
X-D

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »

I don't think the world would actually be all that different if everyone was a bubblehead... (I mean, come on, how many bubbleheads do you know from school?)
I wouldn't mind everyone being pretty-minded... as long as I got to be Special.
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...

hannah_rox_ur_sox_off

• TEAM TALLY-----STAY BUBBLY-----NO MORE PRETTIES
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2010, 12:01:25 PM »

i can only say " AW HELLZ NO"  that would so not be bubbly id be doin wuht tally was
you all say you need us. Well, maybe you do, but not to help you.you have enought help, with the milllionsof bubbly new minds about to be unleashed,with all the cities coming awake at last.Together you're more than enought to change the world without us-------Tally Youngblood-----Specials

Heliopteryx

• Aliens are people too!
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »

Being the only non-bubblehead in a world of bubbleheads would be terrible.  You wouldn't have many friends, and every single person on the planet would annoy you. 
If knowledge=power, then great knowlege=great power.

However, with great power comes great insanity, so MUAHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahahaha. . . . . . . . . . .

Rasta-la

• www.myspace.com
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2010, 03:17:32 AM »

Well I kinda agree...but well I would like the choise to be a bubble head or not.. I would most likely be like tally and just fight the bubblyness off and become a cutter.... I dont like being controled or any thing like that. I want to think my own thoughts, So with that said i kinda agree more because there would be less war and less segragation.( can spell) so i think yeah in some ways every one being pretty would be a good thing. Just not for me.
Stars in your eyes?

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2010, 03:49:00 AM »

that would be good in theory but i dont think it would work for socitety as a whole if people had the option of being pretty- that would just cause more separation and there probably wouldnt be that many people who would voluntarily have their brains damaged
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Pedestrian

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »

I don't think the world would actually be all that different if everyone was a bubblehead... (I mean, come on, how many bubbleheads do you know from school?)
I wouldn't mind everyone being pretty-minded... as long as I got to be Special.

This reminds me of something Maddy said in Pretties...let me see if I can find it.

"Perhaps the lesions aren't as important as we thought. Your father always suspected that being pretty-minded is simply the natural state for most people. They want to be vapid and lazy and vain and selfish. It only takes a twist to lock in that part of their personalities."

What do you think? Are most people already pretty-heads, even without the operation?

Tabac vie

« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »

I think we appear as we think we should, as we become what we think a certain person expects from us. Like the once my friend became gay he started acting like he thought gay guys acted, because that's what he thought people expected.

If people believe that they SHOULD be pretty minded then they become pretty minded. Regardless of if they are or aren't.

It's a state of mind. We are what we think we should be. Tally thought she SHouldn't be acting this way, so she stopped. I think most people convience themselves that stupid is the new cool they actually become stupid. Weather they realise this or not.

Just throwing that out there. :o
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

Heliopteryx

• Aliens are people too!
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:06 AM »

Hmm, intersting idea.  

In that case ,there are a surprising number of people who think they should act stupidly.  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:44:08 PM by Supperviolet »
If knowledge=power, then great knowlege=great power.

However, with great power comes great insanity, so MUAHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahahaha. . . . . . . . . . .

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2010, 10:08:54 AM »

thats an interesting idea, tabac vie, and actually makes sense people do conform to what people want them to be quite frequently
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Emma-la

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2010, 01:27:10 AM »

Ya, very interesting. Makes sense. What do they call it? Wisdom of the crowd? No, that's when people put their heads together to try and figure soemthing out. Dang, now that's gonna bug me all day.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Team Toshi Banana

• CableSnow the dust mite says stay icy!
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:37 AM »

huh I don't know but thats a cool idea!
Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while... I've been really busy...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20