Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Questions For Scott?  (Read 38845 times)

scott_himself

• Administrator
Re: Questions For Scott?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 09:20:41 AM »

If you had to have one of your characters come to life and live in your house for the rest of your life who would it be and why?

Now THAT is a funny question. Probably Dess from Midnighters, because she's funny and snarky and would do my taxes.

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2010, 09:22:15 AM »

Who was the inspiration for Aya-chan???
Who inspired Tally-wa???
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:25:53 AM by Nikki-La »
You thought you knew this angel when you really released all the dark inside and set free the evil.

Emma-la

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

lol.
Have you ever had the feeling your life is a book in itself? (weird question yes, but this is the sort of geeky thing my friends and I talk about)
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Nina-Chan

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2010, 09:23:01 AM »

haha Dess is awesome

Do you ever forget not to use, say, Uglies lingo in Leviathan?

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »

do you think we will ever reach the Reputation Society as you described it in Extras ?

I think we have one already, sort of. I mean, when you look up someone on Twitter and they have a million followers, you assume they have at least SOMETHING to say.

But as far as actually paying for things with reputation, it will probably always work the old-fashioned way: You use your reputation to get other things, like jobs or investors, which you then use to make money. So it's a few steps between reputation and the actual MONEY economy.

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »

Who was the inspiration for Aya-chan?

Extras was originally from Hiro's perspective, and Aya was just his annoying little sister. But then all the cool stuff started happening to her, and I realized I had to rewrite it from her pov. So in a way, I had no real starting point from her except as a side character. And then she grew into something.

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2010, 09:27:14 AM »

Have you ever had the feeling your life is a book in itself? (weird question yes, but this is the sort of geeky thing my friends and I talk about)

Hmm. I do think about life as a dream, or even as a simulation of some kind. (Like, we all paid to be in this reality, just as a training exercise.) But never as a book. I mean, books require readers to be alive, and if I'm in the book, who's the reader?

Mara-la

• Life is asymmetrical.
    • DigiArt12
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2010, 09:27:32 AM »

Um... did you get my pm Scott?
Member since April 24th 2010.

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2010, 09:28:04 AM »

Do you ever forget not to use, say, Uglies lingo in Leviathan?

Hah! Yes, because sometimes you really need to say "nervous-making," and nothing else will do.

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »

Um... did you get my pm Scott?

Um, possibly. I don't usually check personal messages from this forum. I've got too many ways for people to ping me: fb, email, comments on blogs, letters to my agent . . .

The best way to get me is by fb or email.

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:53 AM »

Who was the inspiration for Aya-chan?

Extras was originally from Hiro's perspective, and Aya was just his annoying little sister. But then all the cool stuff started happening to her, and I realized I had to rewrite it from her pov. So in a way, I had no real starting point from her except as a side character. And then she grew into something.
In my first and second books, Lasting and Forever, too much stuff was happening to be captured by one character's pov, although its mostly coming from Nix, the main character's pov. Will switching it around through different characters be too confusing for readers?
You thought you knew this angel when you really released all the dark inside and set free the evil.

Mara-la

• Life is asymmetrical.
    • DigiArt12
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »

Got some questions for the Uglies Movie. When's it coming out? I know it's 2011, but what's the date? Are there already actors? Can there be audidtions for ANYBODY, (like fans) for parts like Tally and Shay?

Mara-la

• Life is asymmetrical.
    • DigiArt12
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2010, 09:31:12 AM »

And e-mail is what? Don't have fb.

Emma-la

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2010, 09:32:21 AM »

Does your wife actually have a degree in Egyptology?
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »

In my first and second books, Lasting and Forever, too much stuff was happening to be captured by one character's pov, although its mostly coming from Nix, the main character's pov. Will switching it around through different characters be too confusing for readers?

You can have several characters with povs. Lots of great books do. My own Midnighters is like that, so don't worry. Just make sure that all the povs are distinct. They all need their own voice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18