Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Questions For Scott?  (Read 61151 times)

scott_himself

• Administrator
Re: Questions For Scott?
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2010, 09:47:03 AM »

can you write another midnighters book?
like what happens afterwards, when jonathan and melissa and jessica leave?

Alas, I don't "own" the Midnighters world. I share the rights with Alloy (of Gossip Girl fame) who sort of helped me develop it. I'd never written YA before, so I went to them for help. But I don't want to keep working with them, so the series is done.

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2010, 09:47:10 AM »

Where is your fave spot to write? Do you have a special place you go to get away from it all or do you go out in a busy place and apply some of what you see going on there into your books? Or is it all life experience? Or imagination?

I like the little study upstairs in our Sydney place. It has a big skylight and a little terrace and great views, a Chesterfield couch, and lots of book cases.

But yeah, I also like being in a busy cafe, like when I write with Maureen Johnson and Robin Wasserman (and others) here in NYC.
Yeah. I write during school. Its got all the conflictions a teen writer could EVER ask for!
You thought you knew this angel when you really released all the dark inside and set free the evil.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »

Where is your fave spot to write? Do you have a special place you go to get away from it all or do you go out in a busy place and apply some of what you see going on there into your books? Or is it all life experience? Or imagination?

I like the little study upstairs in our Sydney place. It has a big skylight and a little terrace and great views, a Chesterfield couch, and lots of book cases.

But yeah, I also like being in a busy cafe, like when I write with Maureen Johnson and Robin Wasserman (and others) here in NYC.
Yeah. I write during school. Its got all the conflictions a teen writer could EVER ask for!

Agreed! Though, sometimes, I like to write in my cozy corner. Don't ask.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

cathmasson

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2010, 09:49:15 AM »

I'm wondering,
Specials begins with : The six hoverboards , but they are only 5 : Tally, Shay, Fausto, Tachs and Ho
is it a mistake?

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2010, 09:49:49 AM »

I'm wondering,
Specials begins with : The six hoverboards , but they are only 5 : Tally, Shay, Fausto, Tachs and Ho
is it a mistake?

double that.

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »

Well yeah. I write at home too. With a beanie. I don't know why I use the beanie, but I do. haha
You thought you knew this angel when you really released all the dark inside and set free the evil.

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2010, 09:50:26 AM »

What do you think would actually happen to the world if something happened to our oil/natural gas supply (like in the Uglies backstory)?

Well, it's already happening. Because the supply of gas is getting very expensive to get to, and more people want to use it (as China industrializes) the price will tend to go up. (It's only low now because of the recession.)

Luckily, it won't happen all at once as in the Uglies books. Maybe we'll be smart enough to change the way we live and have a "soft landing" from our dependence on oil.

Mindcaster

• WRPG
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »

Out of all of your adult books, which is your favourite?

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »

What do you think would actually happen to the world if something happened to our oil/natural gas supply (like in the Uglies backstory)?

Well, it's already happening. Because the supply of gas is getting very expensive to get to, and more people want to use it (as China industrializes) the price will tend to go up. (It's only low now because of the recession.)

Luckily, it won't happen all at once as in the Uglies books. Maybe we'll be smart enough to change the way we live and have a "soft landing" from our dependence on oil.

I'm trying to make a hoverboard. Does that count as helping?

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »

is it a mistake?

Yeah, probably a mistake.

But did they have a spare one for some reason? I can't remember. (When i first wrote that scene, Zane was with them, so maybe I never went back to fix it.)

guinnevere

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »

I'm a long time Uglies fan who's never read any of your other work (out of fear it won't be as captivating, I sheepishly admit). Which next book would you recommend by you?
What about another series you think someone like me would like?
Thanks and I love that you do this for fans :)

James-chan

• The end of a legacy...
    • White Ridge Fire/Rescue
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2010, 09:52:13 AM »

im going to high school next year for environmental science and im going to college for environmental engineering. UGLIES helped me make that choice. Thank you Scott-sensei!

For my Brothers. Because too many have forgotten.

**THE WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT MOTHER TRUCKER**

Active member of the Scott Westerfeld Forum 2/28/10-8/2/11
I'm an Authentic Oldie. One of the Originals.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »

How would ZANE be with them? Was he originally a Special?

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2010, 09:52:47 AM »

when you were in teenager, what were the Science Fiction books that you chose to read ?

I really liked Joe Haldeman's Forever War and Ray Bradbury's stuff.

scott_himself

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2010, 09:53:36 AM »

have you ever thought about writing a song?

I've written lots of songs. I play guitar and keyboards. (But not for ages now. Too busy.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18