Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1340 times)

Matsudaesque-spof

• [Insert obligatory witty comment here.]
Re: Newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »

The manga is the comic version... like, in book form. The animes that were originally mangas... the manga is always better. Like a movie based on a novel.
I slipped, I fell, then I lost everything! My hope, my faith, in what the future brings!

FlamingStar

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:05 AM »

It all makes sense now!  :o

And it makes sense that the manga would be better. Still, there has to be something going for the anime, or no one would watch it.

Matsudaesque-spof

• [Insert obligatory witty comment here.]
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »

Advantages of anime? Well, firstly it moves, it's coloured, and they have voices, not just ones you make up in your head... and they tend to add new jokes, plot twists (minor ones) and slight changes... and you don't have to buy it! In Japan, there's always anime on TV, like our cartoons over here.
I slipped, I fell, then I lost everything! My hope, my faith, in what the future brings!

FlamingStar

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »

heh, that's pretty cool. The one thing i like about movies and stuff like that is you can eat and stuff while you're watching, unlike with books, where you have to do a complicated juggling act with your food and the book, trying not to spill everything everywhere.
Pages: 1 [2]