Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2908 times)

FlamingStar

Re: Hello!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 10:54:15 AM »

Oh yeah, that'd be hard. We're doing "Grease", and none of the actors will stand in the spotlights. We haven't got the setpieces yet, but they'll probably be amazing. There'll be others in charge of that, so we'll be fine, sitting up the back, having heart attacks because like twenty different lights have to go up at the same time... ah well.

Sing_in_the_Rain

• Wheeee!!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 10:57:50 AM »

I was in "Bugsy Malone" a few months ago... it sucked. horribly. i'm not gonna go into it. but be thankful your show wasn't mine.
"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for a second that I am one of them."

And night always turns into day.

FlamingStar

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »

Ooh dear, that sounds awful. I hate it when that happens... What crew member were you in it?

Sing_in_the_Rain

• Wheeee!!!!
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »

I wasn't on crew i was a cast member. our crew sucked too though
"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for a second that I am one of them."

bikinavisho

• my Shelfari :)
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »

Ah, so your show isn't running yet. I feel like things were a lot more lax in the days before...though, they were still kinda hectic, running on the wire. I came in two weeks before we opened.

Things at a smallish community theatre are different than the things I did at the huge PAC in high school...and the theatre in my head is way different from reality. But that's to be expected. Though...I don't know why listening to my friend talk about this theatre procured such a clear, incorrect image. I wonder if my mind theatre exists somewhere...

Yeah, I'm thankful for the simplicity of this show. Small cast and not too many set pieces. Though, a lot of props on the prop shelf....
Sun's in the sky
o why o why would I want to be
anywhere else?

Sing_in_the_Rain

• Wheeee!!!!
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »

yeah, what i did was through my village park district... you're in college?

FlamingStar

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 11:07:16 AM »

Ah, props... one of our props is a sandwich, and one of the set-pieces is a car.... it's gonna be dificult!

I have a mind theatre too, and I'm always somewhat disappointed when things don't live up to my expectations.

bikinavisho

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »

One of our props is a sandwich as well...though it's not really an issue. At all. Though I see where the range of props in your case could be a problem..

Yes, I am indeed in college, though I am but a first year.

I'm convinced that my mind theatre exists somewhere in the world...and I remain optimistic. C:
Sun's in the sky
anywhere else?

FlamingStar

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »

Tee hee! Optimism is good. What're you studying in college?

bikinavisho

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »

Computer Science.
This semester I'm taking a beginner's course in C++ programming, and it's pretty cool to create something with your own hands. It was like this with html too, though I've found html just useful in general for me, who messes around with it a lot on various web sites of my own...
Sun's in the sky
anywhere else?

FlamingStar

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 12:32:43 PM »

I've always thought it'd e cool to learn C++, or other computer programming stuff, but I'd probably not be that great.

bikinavisho

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »

Eh, it's less your skill and more you taking the course and learning how to program in that language properly. I mean, I kind of self-taught myself some html, but after taking a course, I could do so many more things so much more efficiently.

So far, I've only done mathematic things, but still, it's cool to watch your program do the math so quickly and efficiently after all the work you've put in to make the code for it.
Sun's in the sky
anywhere else?

FlamingStar

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 12:50:30 PM »

That sounds really cool. I'm only 15, so I've got a while to work my stuff out.

Tally-wa YoungbloodO

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »

im 14

bikinavisho

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »

Yeah, and you really don't even have to have things completely worked out by the time you graduate high school...people have undecided majors and change majors all the time.

HEY GUYS LET'S START A NEW MAJOR
WE'LL CALL IT BOOKS
AND WHEN PEOPLE MAJOR  IN BOOKS
THEY CAN BECOME PROFESSIONAL BOOK READERS
WHO READ BOOKS FOR A LIVING
Sun's in the sky
anywhere else?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4