Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LOVED IT!  (Read 4139 times)

monkeys_r_us

• The Westerforum's Resident Ghost
Re: LOVED IT!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »

I loved the ending. It had just enough closure at the end, but still some room for contemplating what happens in Alek and Deryn's future.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:06:46 AM by monkeys_r_us »
Boo! I am the forum ghost!

FlowerofIce

• Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »

It was a crappy Harry Potter, Inheritance, Death Cure, Mockingjay and Breaking Dawn ending. though it's most similar to Inheritance

I fail to see how it's like any of those.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Unlike HP, it doesn't do the lame jump into the future where everyone is happy with kids thing.
Unlike Inheritance, the MCs stay together and relatively happy at the end.
Haven't read Death Cure, so not quite sure there.
Agh... sooooo unlike Mockingjay. Everyone's mostly sane at the end, and the death toll is hella lower.
Breaking Dawn??? Dude, you can't compare the worst piece of literature ever to Goliath. Does Deryn have a monster killer fetus ripping her to shreds? No. Does the whole book lead up to a climax betwee two groups, then end with them deciding not to fight and walking away? No.
Well, if you don't included the sappy epilogue for HP it's pretty similar in terms of where it leaves off and even though the epilogue was super gushy I know I would have been really unsatisfied like I was with Goliath, if there wasn't one.
In Inheritance, I wasn't really talking about the characters themselves, I was talking about the way the stories end. For example, in Inheritance and in Goliath, it ends with the main characters dealing with the big conflict of the series and then the series ends with them just going off living the rest of their long lives with no indication how things will turn out. At least with HP you had that epilogue...
Skipping Death Cure and going on to Mockingjay and Breaking Dawn lol I just said those because I'm mad that Master Scott did not give us an epilogue no matter her much better/worse that would have made the story.
But other than that, the parts where she jumps off a cliff, almost dies, Edward almost kills himself and get tortured were the highlights of New Moon.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria, nube
But then again, at the moment they have better things to do ~Goliath

MWAH TO YOU TOO IAN ♥

NikolaTesla

• certifiably insane
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »

It was a crappy Harry Potter, Inheritance, Death Cure, Mockingjay and Breaking Dawn ending. though it's most similar to Inheritance
Finally someone else who has read it!

NikolaTesla

• certifiably insane
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »

Inheritance I mean.

FlowerofIce

• Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »

It was alright, did you like how *spoilers* Galbatorix dies? I know some people who love it, some people who thought it was lame.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria, nube
But then again, at the moment they have better things to do ~Goliath

MWAH TO YOU TOO IAN ♥

kay101

• TORCHES
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »

I wouldn't call an ending where 2 people fall in love cliche. I mean, it can either be a happy ending, a bittersweet ending, or a sad one. So take your pick.
Life is hard. After all, it kills you.
-Katherine Hepburn

"Bye Buddy, hope you find your dad!"
"Thanks Mr. Narwhal!"

"What a colossal exercise in idiocy."
-Alek, Goliath

You know whats wrong with you? Nothing.
-Audrey Hepburn, Charade

These pretzels are making me thirsty!
-Kramer, Seinfeld

monkeys_r_us

• The Westerforum's Resident Ghost
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »

It was probably the best series ending I've read in a while. It kinda reminded me of a Miyazaki movie.
Boo! I am the forum ghost!
Pages: 1 [2]