Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Jaspert fanfic. After The Storm  (Read 905 times)

bovrillsmustache

• Sometimes I'm normal.... NAH who am I kidding?
    • tumblr
Jaspert fanfic. After The Storm
« on: December 25, 2011, 04:11:41 AM »

Im not trying to plagerise bovrilliscool's fanfic so please dont get mad at me (makes cute face and puppy eyes)
here goes... this takes place right after Deryn cuts free from the Huxley.

Jaspert Sharp paced around the room. He'd been ordered to sit more than once but his fidgets just led to more pacing. The old secritary watched him from behind his wire rimmed specticles,like a man treading on eggshels. Afraid of the news he would have to deliver. In his head Jaspert cept replaying the scene. Over and over, the storm coming out of nowhere, the lightning. he'd been the one to tell her to cut the teather,had'nt he? why? because otherwise she'd be dead, he tolled himself. but she might be dead now annother part of his mind said, conjering up visions of flames and the burning Huxley falling like a star...he stoped thinking about fire,pushing the visions out of his head.They'd sent out a destress call had'nt they? she'd be alright,some passing airship would pick her up. Jaspert smiled grimley, she'd love that she would,the pomp of it all.
 A careir pigeon scwaked on the windowsill. His breath cought. his heart stuttered. what if shewas dead? It seemed like he'd lost everything in the past few years, first Da, now Deryn? He'd go mad. What if... what if ... He saw things flash before his eyes, Deryn on a streacher burned and scared,brougt to some country hospital were she died without her brother there to say goodbye. 
Or Deryn flattened beneath the weight of the dead Huxley.Never found. Looking out the small window Jaspert saw a winged shadow against the clear sunny sky. What if it was his pigeon? the one coming with the news of a dead airman found? the pigeon landed on the windowsill and opened its beak. Jaspert's heart seemed to have stoped. he waited, like a survivor of a shipwrek half hoping to survive yet knowing that drowning is inevitable.      The pigeon spoke: "greetings to Jaspert Sharp, from the Leviathan. we recieved your distress call. Your cousin was recovered safely not but half an hour previously. He is safe and well..." there was more after that but Jaspert barely heard it. his knees gave out and he sank into the chair. She was safe, she was safe. that was all he cared about just then. He knew that soldiers wern't supposed to cry, but just then Jaspert couldnt care less, he burst into tears of relef.

*sory about the spelling* 
"this is aufull, my parents don't understaind me, I don't understaind them... I'm related to people I don't relate to!"
-Calvin ( Calvin and Hobbes)

MCR, PTV, SWS, BFMV, Her Bright Skies, Dead By April, The Amity Affliction, Coldplay,Blessthefall, BVB, ...... You get the picture, im a band fangirl.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
Re: Jaspert fanfic. After The Storm
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 02:01:11 PM »

It's okay I like it. But i will definatelly post more of my story soon if my computer gets fixed

bovrillsmustache

• Sometimes I'm normal.... NAH who am I kidding?
    • tumblr
Re: Jaspert fanfic. After The Storm
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:35:59 AM »

please do. I'll be waiting :)
"this is aufull, my parents don't understaind me, I don't understaind them... I'm related to people I don't relate to!"
-Calvin ( Calvin and Hobbes)

MCR, PTV, SWS, BFMV, Her Bright Skies, Dead By April, The Amity Affliction, Coldplay,Blessthefall, BVB, ...... You get the picture, im a band fangirl.