Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Edison VS Tesla  (Read 1609 times)

awnman

Edison VS Tesla
« on: December 26, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »

Ok it'll be a battle between the two men and there inventions. I will be urge neutral and unbiased judge. It will be you below who really decide it though.

Round One: Alternating VS Direct Current.

Q

• "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Re: Edison VS Tesla
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »

Why is this even here? Everyone knows Thomas Edison already won in real life

You really think you're the only one who could play this game?

NikolaTesla

• certifiably insane
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:10:28 PM »

Tesla won! He really did have a giant Death Ray! But i'm biased towards him, as you can obviously can see.

Bea-la

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »

All Edison did was copy Nikola Tesla.  ::)  Nikola Tesla had the plans for a light bulb, but they burned down along with many of his other plans and his apartment. 

GloomiVegi

• c'est pas sorcier :)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

how dare you say such a thing!!! tesla was one of the greatest inventors of our time, and he invented many things that he was never given credit for, as people stole them.  he harnessed electricity (what would edison have done without electricity?), radio waves...he had ideas for free power for the entire world (which would have worked, had there not been so many money mad oil, coal, gas ect. miners).  it is even said he had plans for a plasma gun.  he was amazing. mabye a bit crazy... ;D...but AMAZING!

i don't care that they stole my idea...i care that they don't have any of their own ~ Nikola Tesla

FEAR THE BUG!!

Bea-la

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 12:49:34 AM »

how dare you say such a thing!!! tesla was one of the greatest inventors of our time, and he invented many things that he was never given credit for, as people stole them.  he harnessed electricity (what would edison have done without electricity?), radio waves...he had ideas for free power for the entire world (which would have worked, had there not been so many money mad oil, coal, gas ect. miners).  it is even said he had plans for a plasma gun.  he was amazing. mabye a bit crazy... ;D...but AMAZING!

True Dat. 

Nikola Tesla was, in my opinion, a genius.  Without his innovations, Edison never would have made his lightbulb. 

Q

• "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »

Edison was ten years older then Tesla meaning ten more years of work before Tesla. During the Power Struggle there were three giants trying to create the most effective electrikals... Tesla had Alterating Current (AC) and Edison had Direct current (DC). They both really tied, everything electrical we use, everything that requires electromagnetic energy uses an AC/DC (uses both) adapter. They both are equally used in life today. However, Edison started it first, creating the first lightbulb, first lighting system, and first electrically used machine. Tesla just made it better...

You really think you're the only one who could play this game?