Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Good Quotes from the Uglies Books?  (Read 44073 times)

hoverponies forever

• THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!
Re: Good Quotes from the Uglies Books?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 05:16:10 AM »

mmmm
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Attitudes are contagious. Mine can kill you

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 08:12:10 AM »

Yeah. Aya was like ugly Tally.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »

tally was really mean in extras, although i still liked the book, it was nice to get some sort of idea on what happened after the mind rain
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Dangie-la

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »

"Hi, Ping-la!"
~Tally-wa, Specials

I also love that one.  In fact, I think it's the most amusing dialogue I ever read in the series, that I recall. 

shay

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »

''face it tally-wa your special'' -Shay

Reenie-La

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »

and this quote that really means so much to the story and life.

"Right. You're so special no one can touch you...you're so special you have to cut yourself to feel anything." Zane.

I've always loved this quote!

shay

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2011, 10:58:31 PM »

"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful."
— Scott Westerfeld
tags: beauty , david , uglies , westerfeld 1,172 people liked it like "The human heart is a strange vessel. Love and hatred can exist side by side."
— Scott Westerfeld
tags: love 923 people liked it like "You see, freedom has a way of destroying things."
— Scott Westerfeld (Extras)
tags: destruction , freedom 482 people liked it like "Nature didn't need an operation to be beautiful. It just was."
— Scott Westerfeld (The Uglies Trilogy)
tags: sci-fi , tally 337 people liked it like "Sometimes the facts in my head get bored and decide to take a walk in my mouth. Frequently this is a bad thing."
— Scott Westerfeld (So Yesterday)
tags: scott-la , scott-westerfeld , so-yesterday 250 people liked it like "I don't want to hurt you but I will if I have too - Tally Youngblood"
— Scott Westerfeld (Specials)
203 people liked it like " I love you all. But it's time to say good-bye, for now.
be careful with the world, or the next time we meet, it might get ugly.
-Tally Youngblood"
190 people liked it like "You're insane!" she shouted.
"Pretty cool, huh?"
"No!"Tally yelled. "Why didn't you tell me it was broken?"
Shay shrugged. "More fun that way?"
"More fun?" Her heart beating fast,her vision strangely clear. She was full of anger and relief and...joy.
"Well, kind of. But you suck!"
— Scott Westerfeld (Uglies)
tags: anger , coaster , funny , insane , joy , relief , roller , shay , tally 165 people liked it like "I can’t imagine anything worse than being required to have fun. "
— Scott Westerfeld
163 people liked it like "Shay sometimes talked in a mysterious way, like she was quoting the lyrics of some band no one else listened to."
tags: alchemist , band , fma , full , lyrics , metal , quote , shay , tally , twilight , uglies 161 people liked it like "I guess sometimes you have to lie to find the truth. "
— Scott Westerfeld
tags: extras , lies , truth 148 people liked it like "Tally smiled. At least she was causing trouble to the end. "I'm Tally Youngblood," she said. "make me pretty."
tags: fiction , science-fiction 140 people liked it like "Perhaps the logical conclusion of everyone looking the same is everyone thinking the same."
tags: thinking , wisdom 134 people liked it like "Which was worse: a friend with brain damage, or one who despised you?"
— Scott Westerfeld
126 people liked it like "Never give us what we really want. Cut the dream into pieces and scatter them like ashes. Dole out the empty promises. Package our aspirations and sell them to us, cheaply made enough to fall apart."
— Scott Westerfeld (So Yesterday)
125 people liked it like "Having a brain hurt so much sometimes."
121 people liked it like "Everyone in the world was programmed by the place they were born, hemmed in by their beliefs, but you had to at least try to grow your own brain. Otherwise, you might as well be living on a reservation, worshipping a bunch of bogus gods."
— Scott Westerfeld (Pretties)
119 people liked it like "Haven't you ever known someone rejected by a lover, who, consumed by rage and jealousy, never lets go? They look on from a distance, unseen but boiling inside. The emotion never seems to tire, this hatred mixed with intense obsession, even with a kind of twisted love."
— Scott Westerfeld (Peeps)
116 people liked it like "And over all those sleepy weeks, the dream always ended the same way, with the dragon coming for the princess saying the same words every time....
"Face it, Tally-wa, you're Special."
115 people liked it like "When she awoke, the world was on fire."
tags: alchemist , avatar , awoke , book , fire , fma , full , metal , naruto , one , shay , tally , traveling , uglies , ugly , worl 111 people liked it like "I spilled more times than a glass of milk on a roller coaster."
tags: humor 101 people liked it like "We're not freaks, Tally. We're normal. We may not be gorgeous, but at least we're not hyped-up Barbie dolls."
tags: science-fiction 100 people liked it like "The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit."
tags: imagery 92 people liked it like "You are so... 11:59"
— Scott Westerfeld (The Secret Hour)
tags: best-book-ever- , fantasy , horror , midnigters , science-fiction 92 people liked it like "Maybe they didn't want you to realize that every civilization has its weakness. There's always one thing we depend on. And if someone takes it away all that's left is some story in a history class."
87 people liked it like "It's amazing how quickly nature consumes human places after we turn our backs on them. Life is a hungry thing."
tags: life , peeps , scott-la , scott-westerfeld 78 people liked it like "Ring around the rosie.
A pocket full of posie.
Ashes ashes, we all fall down.
Some people say that this poem is about the Black Death, the fourteenth-century plague that killed 100-million people...
Sadly, though, most experts think this is nonsense...
How can I be so sure about this rhyme when all the experts disagree?
Because I ate the kid who made it up."
— Scott Westerfeld (The Last Days)
tags: nursery-rhymes , peeps 76 people liked it like "Their reasons don't mean anything unless I have a choice."
— Scott Westerfeld
75 people liked it like "Never bored on a hoverboard."
— Scott Westerfeld
tags: hoverboard , shay , tally , uglies 74 people liked it like "Her only way home was to betray her friend."
tags: alchemist , avatar , betray , book , fma , friend , full , metal , naruto , one , scott , uglies , westerfeld 73 people liked it like "As a bio major, I figured "free will" meant chemicals in your brain telling you what to do, the molecules bouncing around in a way that felt like choosing but was actually the dance of little gears--neurons and hormones bubbling up into decisions like clockwork. You don't use your body; it uses you."
73 people liked it like "you dont see me, now you do, but only if i want you to"
— Scott Westerfeld
73 people liked it like "what happens when perfection isnt good enough?"
— Scott Westerfeld
tags: pretties 71 people liked it like "Are you saying that your fat-ass cat has turned me into a vampire?

Um, maybe?"
69 people liked it like "your not alone, Tally. Don't pretend you are"
67 people liked it like "I know what it’s like to be manipulated, Aya-la. And I know what it’s like to be in danger. While your city was building you mansions to live in, my friends and I have been protecting this planet. We’ve spilled more blood than you have flowing in your veins. So don’t try to make me feel guilty!
-Tally Youngblood, Extras "
66 people liked it like "With everything so perfect, reality seemed somehow fragile, as if the slightest interruption could imperil her pretty future... all of it felt as tenuous as a soap bubble, shivering and empty."
tags: reality 65 people liked it like "Let me get this stright, Aya-Chan. You want me, a person who can't lie, to lie about the fact that I can't lie?"
-Frizz mizuno"
64 people liked it like "Tally, do you ever suffer from sudden flashes of anger or euphoria, countersocial impulses, or feelings of superiority?"
64 people liked it like "Your father always suspected that being pretty-minded is simply the natural state for most people. They want to be vapid and lazy and vain—Maddy glanced at Tally—and selfish. It only takes a twist to lock in that part of their personalities. He always thought that some people could think their way out of it."
tags: science-fiction , ya 63 people liked it like "Listen, you bubblehead-up-until-five-minutes-ago..."
62 people liked it like "That shay was in possesion of handgranades was a comforting thought showed what kind of night this had become."
tags: blow-up , comfort , handgranades , shay , specials , uglies , war 57 people liked it like "I can't imagine anything worse than being required to have fun."
tags: fun 54 people liked it like "Come on, it's almost midnight. Let's go watch them cut the cake."
53 people liked it like "Why are you still wearing...?" Aya began. "Oh, that's not smart plastic? You're really an ugly?"
David rolled his eyes and Shay said quietly, "David's never had any surge at all. But I wouldn't use the word ugly...Tally might eat you."
51 people liked it like "I can pick up the city feeds on my antenna. It said they were going to change you all. Turn you into something less dangerous. Are you still...?"
She gazed at him. "What do you think, David?"
He peered into her eyes for a long moment, then sighed and shook his head. "You just look like Tally to me."
She looked down, her vision blurring.
What's the matter?"
Nothing, David." She shook her head. "You just took on five million years of evolution again."
I what? Did I say something wrong?"
No." She smiled. "You said something right."
51 people liked it like "Frighteningly Beautiful, Dangerously Strong, Breathtakingly Fast.
Face it Tally-wa you're special..."
— Scott Westerfeld (The Uglies Trilogy)
 "You all say you need us. Well, maybe you do, but not to help, with the millions of bubbly new minds about to be unleashed, with all the cities coming awake at last. Together, you're more than enough to change the world without us. So from now on, David and I are here to stand in your way. You see, freedom has a way of destroying things."
— Scott Westerfeld

"Sometimes, the hardest thing was doing
nothing."
i got these off a website but here are quotes

Shelly-wa

• Its been scientificly proved that I'm awesome.
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2011, 05:34:56 AM »

Hi spammer. Good day spammer. DIE SPAMMER!
What does the world mean to us? Mother Nature gives so much to us, but to we give back the same amount? Life is now only a game, people grabbing and taking just to be on the top. To only be the best.

Leo-wa

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »

I was just looking though Pretties and I found this quote: "Maybe humans beings are programmed . . . to help one another, even to fall in love. But just because it's human nature doesn't make it bad" (pg. 359)

And I just found a typo in the book. But I'll leave it in for authenticity :P. And these spambots creep me out slightly.

Reenie-La

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2011, 04:38:50 AM »

I was just looking though Pretties and I found this quote: "Maybe humans beings are programmed . . . to help one another, even to fall in love. But just because it's human nature doesn't make it bad" (pg. 359)

And I just found a typo in the book. But I'll leave it in for authenticity :P. And these spambots creep me out slightly.

Good quote! :D

queenfrogs

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »

That is a good quote.

Reenie-La

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »

"You existed to make sure everyone else behaved, but that didn't mean you had to."
-Specials.

shay

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2011, 01:23:25 AM »

man i can hardly find one

Reenie-La

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2011, 01:48:13 PM »

"You joined the unicorns?" -Hiro, Extras, Page 155

LMAO!!! I love it! I didn't see it the last time I read it xDDD

Abby-la