Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Clementine and Winstion, The vanishing messenger parrots  (Read 814 times)

Cassidy-La

• Linnea Arden Reed
Clementine and Winstion, The vanishing messenger parrots
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:10:42 PM »

Now I know its been a while since I was on if anyone really noticed but I was internetless and thus not able to get on, so I reread Leviathan, Behemoth, and Goliath alot. Then I a thought occured to me where in HECK did Clementine and Winston go, I mean a mention in Chapter 16 (I would give page numbers but I have it on Kindle and I can't really find the page numbers :-[ ) Nothing never mentioned again. That has me wondering was their origianly going to be a part of the plot that they were needed for that Scott cut or did he forget about them, or were the message lizards just to cool to replace with birds? Clementine (or maybe Winston) goes to deliver a message we are intoduced to the one that is left behind in the bird cage than nothing. It is truly perplexing.

So any ideas?
You can't scare me, I read fanfiction

^Sara Bareilles

The eternal question, to which my answer is why not. -Katherine Pierce TVD 02-11 deleted scene

NikolaTesla

• certifiably insane
Re: Clementine and Winstion, The vanishing messenger parrots
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 01:33:03 PM »

Good question, maybe to the leviathan's rookery?

MismatchedSocks

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »

I just got some fanfic inspiration! Clementine and Winston: The World Traveling Parrots!!!
Maybe Scott forgot about them.

waxesnostalgic

• Crazed Leviathan Fangirl
    • Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »

He must have forgotten about them, but it's possible that they were just a red herring. Anyway, Dr. Barlow named her incompetent message parrot after her least favorite Lord of the Admiralty. XD
"I may not understand Goliath," he said simply. "But I understand Darwinist fabrications even less."
"Keep it that way," Volger said. "You're the heir to the Austrian throne, not some zookeeper." -Goliath

Leviathan Wiki

Cassidy-La

• Linnea Arden Reed
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »

LOL yeah I noticed that to after I wrote the above message. And that fanfiction sounds very epic  ;D
You can't scare me, I read fanfiction

^Sara Bareilles

The eternal question, to which my answer is why not. -Katherine Pierce TVD 02-11 deleted scene